The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dat RNG

l07g

My objective was to get a neurode to build my daily forma. Therefore I decided to run some solo missions to find those.

I started with Plato (Orokin Moon exterminate) in the hope I would get neurodes from Sentients.

After some unfruitful runs, Stalker decides it would be a good idea to pay me and his Sentient friends a visit. His visit was short but he gifted me a R5 fusion core and an orokin cell.

The next run, the lights start flickering again, I left the mission as I was not in the mood to encounter Senpa..ehm... Stalker again.

The next day, I continue my hunt for neurodes at the same location. Guess who comes back? But this time, he leaves a Dread BP, his best weapon. I am confused, he visited me 3 times in a row. He gives me his best weapon...  Could that mean?..No...

I try to reach him in the next run, but it's too late, this time, it's the Arbiters of Hexis trying to hunt me down. I managed to escape but I'm worried and I start thinking:

Hexis...Hex....Hek! The Arbiters of Hexis are puppets of Vay Hek! I need to investigate.

I go to Oro (Vay Hek boss location) to find answers.

During the same mission, I find 2 kubrow eggs, coincidence? I think not!

After I finally beat Hek, I see a small green box lying on the ground, the neurode... everything gets clear.

Stalker goes to Plato to get neurodes from his local Sentient dealers.
He got a crush on me the first time we met but is too shy to tell me about it.
In the mean time Hek is sapping the Sentients' neurodes supply line in order to keep all neurodes for himself.
He uses the Arbiters to eliminate any witnesses and manages to capture Stalker.

...and Hek is Illumina.... wait no, that joke is overused now.

PS: Um... Where to start?

This post started from just a weird RNG experience I had very recently doing a hunt for neurodes (all the Stalker three times in a row followed by Hexis, the 2 eggs in the same mission were actually true)

But since I didn't wanted to make another feedback about RNG post, I tried something else...and it seems that it escalated quickly (so yeah, I think you can figure out what I made up in this post)

I'm not even sure if it still deserves to be in the General discussion section instead of fan fiction at this point.

But anyway, I'm wondering if any of you had some kind of similar RNG stuff that is worth making funny conspiracy theories about ?

TL;DR: the RNG is run by Illuminati and I'm going to regret posting this when I wake up tomorrow.

i had a series of mission runs hunting Juggernaughts where Stalker showed up every time along side Juggernaught. I'm now convinced they are Facebook friends and were messaging eachother to corridnate their attacks.

37 minutes ago, l07g said:

TL;DR: the RNG is run by Illuminati and I'm going to regret posting this when I wake up tomorrow.

if you wake up tomorrow :P you used the I word...those who do never remember anything after that XD

i assume you know that drop rates in WF are not random (RNG)... drop rates are programmed... neurodes are programmed to be rare, and it seems the programming by game makers has been changed to make them a bit more rare recently.  

This is a programmed weighted system, where random number generators have little effect. 

(btw, the definition of random is that all possible events have an equal probability of occurring... hardly the case in WF)

16 hours ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

i assume you know that drop rates in WF are not random (RNG)... drop rates are programmed... neurodes are programmed to be rare, and it seems the programming by game makers has been changed to make them a bit more rare recently.  

The neurode drop wasn't the problem, it really was the three Stalker in row that surprised me.

16 hours ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

(btw, the definition of random is that all possible events have an equal probability of occurring... hardly the case in WF)

I think that you're confusing 'random' with 'equiprobabilty'

18 hours ago, xcynderx said:

if you wake up tomorrow :P you used the I word...those who do never remember anything after that XD

Congratulations for noticing this... I guess?

Edited by l07g

22 hours ago, l07g said:

Stalker goes to Plato to get neurodes from his local Sentient dealers.
He got a crush on me the first time we met but is too shy to tell me about it.
In the mean time Hek is sapping the Sentients' neurodes supply line in order to keep all neurodes for himself.
He uses the Arbiters to eliminate any witnesses and manages to capture Stalker.

It all makes sense now.