The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Focus pickups

PyreFox

So was thinking what other players thought of the Focus pickups and how its the same color as objective waypoints. I would think maybe the two should be differernt colors as there have been times i've been turned around following the wrong waypoint. Its not a huge problem, just a small change I feel to the game to make it easy to navigate.

I agree it should be a different color - yellow should be exclusive to objective waypoints. Another thing that might be good would be to add a light audio cue and have the focus waypoint flash in the minimap to help out our fellow color blind Tenno - might be a bit over the top but I do think there are some worthy changes to look into in regards to focus pickups on the minimap.

I really wish there was a way to disable the Focus pickups. I'm quite happy to just let Focus tick over passively in the background even if it is slow, and it's made playing Ivara (the frame I put it on, and my favourite frame) infuriating because of the eternal yellow flashes and beeping.

personally I'd rather have the focus pickups turned into a 45 second buff every 2-5 minutes (or w/e the time is for focus picks to spawn) so we dont have to go all over the dang map trying to get a pickup that MAY vanish by the time we get to it.

Extraction, focus, objectives. I just look at the shape. I know it's hard when they overlap ofc but DE are kinda limited in the colours they can pick.

What we really need is the ability to pick the colours of all this stuff for ourselves. 

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Can't have icons the same colour as any tilesets otherwise it'll potentially become even harder to tell them apart.

That doesn't limit them into a very specific choice of colors for the icons, though.  Just choosing a basic color, like Red for Focus, Yellow for Objective, and Green for extract would fit on every map tileset we have.

Just now, (PS4)horridhal said:

That doesn't limit them into a very specific choice of colors for the icons, though.  Just choosing a basic color, like Red for Focus, Yellow for Objective, and Green for extract would fit on every map tileset we have.

Red is already used for enemies. Personally I'd rather pick all the colours myself as I said.

2 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Red is already used for enemies. Personally I'd rather pick all the colours myself as I said.

Bright purple, silver, etc all fit into the same example.

I'm not disagreeing with your idea of letting it be customizable, just saying they aren't limited by choice of colors.

since the objects are on the mini map, the colors dont really clash with a tile set i think. Green for extraction, Yellow for objectives, Red for enemies, Blue for Allies, and White for Loot n Lockers.

I could see the focus pick ups be Purple or the pick up be a specific enemy.

Some unlucky grineer or corpus dude is the Focus mark and once you get him it starts the Focus clock.

Edited by PyreFox