The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

can controllers be used on pc version

(PSN)jonnyblaze1976

Question

8 answers to this question

PC version works with controller, however, if launching the game directly then it generally requires a mouse for a majority of the menus. You can select and start a mission with a controller well enough but everything else, mouse. If launching the game through Big Picture mode on Steam, then you have full controller support in all menus, at the cost of less binding options compared to launching pure.

Any event, it's perfectly workable, just keep a mouse to hand for those menus that don't have full controller support and make use of the keyboard if chatting to people. Experiment and find what works best for you as personal comfort is always the higher priority when doing something.

Hope that helps.

ive been out of the pc game so long i just cant. trust me i tried. on the other hand im a surgeon with a dual shock controller and since i found out to today i can actually use my dual shock 4 on pc i think that may be the way to go. im not giving up on ps4 version because im far too vested (time played and actual money spent), but pc version does have its advantages and would like to play it some.

thanks for the quick answers tennos

Edited by (PS4)jonnyblaze1976

You can, but it makes everything significantly harder, unless your controller has 20+ buttons...and at that point, why not use keyboard. Besides you can rebind keys, and I highly suggest switching use(X) to (E). And if your mouse has multiple buttons, thats good for swapping in skills, weapons, and toggling channeling or scope. 

Edited by ArchangelusAlpharius

21 minutes ago, (PS4)jonnyblaze1976 said:

ive been out of the pc game so long i just cant. trust me i tried. on the other hand im a surgeon with a dual shock controller and since i found out to today i can actually use my dual shock 4 on pc i think that may be the way to go. im not giving up on ps4 version because im far too vested (time played and actual money spent), but pc version does have its advantages and would like to play it some.

thanks for the quick answers tennos

Surgeon hmmm...watch out then, or you may be operating on yourself for carpal tunnel if you use controllers for PC. The controls are very extensive, and they are ALL used pretty frequently. 

idk. i feel as long as i can bind the controls the same on pc as on ps4 i should be good, but thats all speculation of course. i'll find out in a couple hours once im done with the daily grind at work. 

another question, is stand alone download better or is using steam better?

Edited by (PS4)jonnyblaze1976

PS4 controllers, Xbox360 controllers, and Xbox1 controllers work fine with the game. The Steam controller also works. If using PS3 or other controller types, you will need custom driver software to allow them to work as x-input types. The claw motion common to use of standard keyboards and mice are more conductive to getting carpal tunneling though of course some controllers are worse than others in that respect. You can use the same controller bindings with a little work. If you are playing through Steam, you can start the game in Big Picture mode which will even have button bindings for most major actions but text chat can prove difficult at times.