The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any awesome colour setups for orthos prime?

IceColdHawk

Question

Now it's unusual for me to ask others for colour tips but...i'm really getting desperate with orthos prime. I'm already in love with orthos prime since it got released. And while the normal orthos looks AWESOME, the orthos prime looks lacking. Like, it doesn't really look like a threatening weapon to me. I also got me the Day of the Dead skin and am ready to get the forest camo skin. But i was never really satisfied with my orthos prime designs. It's the only weapon where i'm personally clueless.

Now i'm asking YOU for help, got any awesome orthos prime design? Maybe you can help me find a way to make it look appealing. So, post your orthos primes down below! PS: I like it blue.

Edited by IceColdHawk

18 answers to this question

38 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

I like your taste of hardcore fashion frame, even bringing radiation just for the looks instead of the damage :P. But i prefer to have the right elements, mostly corrosive/fire. Also, on what skin should i use this? It sounds like default.

Default of course, but to be honest, I think this has something to do with "fashion" vs "usefulness". My opinion is that there are better melees to use at high level, reason why I don't think you should push your orthos beyond fashion just because you like it, but that may as well be the case. I usually use it that way (modding radiation + ice because they are both cian and also radioation for grineer and ice for corpus) and play easy modes like 40 minutes of T2S for example, where I meet the challenge but looking pretty sick yo!

Leaving that aside, I don't own the camo skin, but my tip is: make it black + whatever color your build shines (corrosive/viral/toxin is green, fire/explosion is orange, electricity is purple, ice/radiation is cian and magnetic is blue). You will probably still get weird green / orange shine tho (UNLESS you play without the effects on, in which case it will look absolutely neato)

6 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

hmv4EkK.jpg

fqYwdEx.jpg

raUnHvA.jpg

1st one :poop:

2nd one Too much red...this is the problem that comes with day of the dead skin. While the skull and stuff looks cool, the blade has the same colour as the rest of the pole...

3rd one :poop:

I think i should add a new rule: Please no default skins xD

Honestly though, default skin is just...oh my god...it could have get done better :/ I really think the Orthos Prime could take a revamp in design but that's just my opinion.

Edited by IceColdHawk

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

1st one :poop:

2nd one Too much red...this is the problem that comes with day of the dead skin. While the skull and stuff looks cool, the blade has the same colour as the rest of the pole...

3rd one :poop:

I think i should add a new rule: Please no default skins xD

Honestly though, default skin is just...oh my god...How can you play with that? xD

Well, I'm all out of ideas...

White and gold works for me. You can't change the golden parts yet (at least not on PS4), and I don't really like any of the skins.

By default it's already white and gold so... Don't change it is my advice. Not many colors sync well with gold imo.

My color pattern is White > Gold > Gold > Gold and Gold energy color. I always have gold energy color on all my prime stuff, keeps it much simpler and more elegant.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)matodox said:

White and gold works for me. You can't change the golden parts yet (at least not on PS4), and I don't really like any of the skins.

By default it's already white and gold so... Don't change it is my advice. Not many colors sync well with gold imo.

My color pattern is White > Gold > Gold > Gold and Gold energy color. I always have gold energy color on all my prime stuff, keeps it much simpler and more elegant.

You can't change it on PC yet too. And the default has the problem of...some colour choices being too miniscule to notice. And then there is one covering the whole pole and the blades aren't colourable.

It's not Prime (never bothered making it), but these are the colors I use on standard Orthos (no skin). You could try something similar.

Black - Smoke

White (bone) - Twilight (Legacy palette)

Dark Blue & Light Blue - Classic Saturated

Bronze - Gamma

Spoiler

YtV5fAh.pngVdgZqMC.png

Edited by Ailith

2 minutes ago, Ailith said:

It's not Prime (never bothered making it), but these are the colors I use on standard Orthos. You could try something similar.

Black - Smoke

White (bone) - Twilight (Legacy palette)

Dark Blue & Light Blue - Classic Saturated

Bronze - Gamma

Hide contents

YtV5fAh.pngVdgZqMC.png

This looks awesome. But unfortunately, all i can see here is me getting forced to use the forest camo skin, dammit >.<. Because, i can't use this on the default or Day of the Dead skin, it will look waaaaaaay worse. But i really like this! Good taste you got there :tongue: 

Edited by IceColdHawk

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

This looks awesome. But unfortunately, all i can see here is me getting forced to use the forest camo skin, dammit >.<. Because, i can't use this on the default or Day of the Dead skin, it will look waaaaaaay worse.

At least it's only 20p, that's not too bad. Though, the Forest Camo skin doesn't seem to have PBR materials, the blade and other bits aren't shiny metal like the base skin.

Just now, Ailith said:

At least it's only 20p, that's not too bad. Though, the Forest Camo skin doesn't seem to have PBR materials, the blade and other bits aren't shiny metal like the base skin.

So does Day of the Dead :/. And the 20p is no problem. It's just, i'm trying to find out a good design for that halloween skin...but it probably seems impossible since you can't have the blade have a different colour than the pole.

Simple black background with white lines (ONLY the lines on the head of the spear) make for a wonderful prime look, if that's what you're looking for. Personally, to further the look, I usually use cian energy color and Radioactive damage, which makes cian flames, which look just awesome. Hope that does something?

4 minutes ago, GDSK-NXS said:

Simple black background with white lines (ONLY the lines on the head of the spear) make for a wonderful prime look, if that's what you're looking for. Personally, to further the look, I usually use cian energy color and Radioactive damage, which makes cian flames, which look just awesome. Hope that does something?

I like your taste of hardcore fashion frame, even bringing radiation just for the looks instead of the damage :P. But i prefer to have the right elements, mostly corrosive/fire. Also, on what skin should i use this? It sounds like default.

15 minutes ago, GDSK-NXS said:

Default of course, but to be honest, I think this has something to do with "fashion" vs "usefulness". My opinion is that there are better melees to use at high level, reason why I don't think you should push your orthos beyond fashion just because you like it, but that may as well be the case. I usually use it that way (modding radiation + ice because they are both cian and also radioation for grineer and ice for corpus) and play easy modes like 40 minutes of T2S for example, where I meet the challenge but looking pretty sick yo!

Leaving that aside, I don't own the camo skin, but my tip is: make it black + whatever color your build shines (corrosive/viral/toxin is green, fire/explosion is orange, electricity is purple, ice/radiation is cian and magnetic is blue). You will probably still get weird green / orange shine tho (UNLESS you play without the effects on, in which case it will look absolutely neato)

Alright i think i'm done at first...made 3 setups now. And i think i'm pretty fine with them:

Spoiler

iAN04AE.jpg

HxI6iYO.jpg

5tRhtIg.jpg

Thanks for the help though guys! I realized camo skin is best skin!