The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best shotgun for crit?

(PSN)ffaddict789

Question

I'm into shotguns right now and have the vaykor hek 5 forma'd out and built for 12k corrosive damage. I do see that it does have potential to be built for criticals. Is this the best shotty for this kind of build? Anyone know any good builds for vaykor hek? Also is primed ravage a necessity for crit builds like I think it is? 

Thnx Tenno!

11 answers to this question

Just now, PrVonTuckIII said:

Vaykor Hek? It has the highest crit-chance I think, at 25%. But it requires multiple forma and lots of time and Draco to reach a good level.

Not to mention lots of cooooooooooooores. Primed Point Blank and Primed Ravage.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)ffaddict789 said:

I'm into shotguns right now and have the vaykor hek 5 forma'd out and built for 12k corrosive damage. I do see that it does have potential to be built for criticals. Is this the best shotty for this kind of build? Anyone know any good builds for vaykor hek? Also is primed ravage a necessity for crit builds like I think it is? 

Thnx Tenno!

Yes it is the best shotty for this kind of build. Play it on crit, you're doing everything right. And primed ravage is a necessity, yes.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)ffaddict789 said:

Thnx Tenno!

Steel Meridian Primary, Vayor Hek! Thought I would advise running a standard Hek with the Steel Meridian weapon augment mod "Scattered Justice", as in most cases, a 200% multishot buff outdoes most crit shotguns.

Vaykor Hek is the only Crit Shotgun.
Secondary Shotguns is a different story though, there's a couple there.

2 minutes ago, Spar_k said:

as in most cases, a 200% multishot buff outdoes most crit shotguns.

except in Vaykor Hek's case.
which is the only direct comparison anyways. and the only Primary Shotgun that has Crits in the first place.

Edited by taiiat

Just now, taiiat said:

Vaykor Hek is the only Crit Shotgun.
Secondary Shotguns is a different story though, there's a couple there.

except in Vaykor Hek's case.
which is the only direct comparison anyways.

Unless you're trying to completely dedicate yourself to the Vayor Hek, and pump formas into it for hours, the multishot proved to be better instant gratification, and took a lot less forma to make a good gun, to each his own though c:

From someone who has vay hek with both primed mods maxed, it's good...really good. You're heading in the right direction and will enjoy the end results when you get there. Vay Hek is my favorite weapon in the game. Hek with scattered is really good as well, but once you get both primed mods up there it is much better then regular hek. You'll crit for a ton, clear tons of enemies at a time and with double the clip (the utility this brings over regular hek is amazing in itself). The game throws too much at a time to rely on 4 shots all the time.

23 minutes ago, Spar_k said:

Unless you're trying to completely dedicate yourself to the Vayor Hek, and pump formas into it for hours, the multishot proved to be better instant gratification, and took a lot less forma to make a good gun, to each his own though c:

If you do not want to invest the time in formas and want instant gratification....  Tigris or Sancti Tigris

31 minutes ago, Spar_k said:

investment cost has nothing to do with performance.
'performs better' is completely false. 'requires less Fusion to perform well', sure.

Edited by taiiat

I'd say go for Vaykor Hek ONLY IF you have a maxed primed ravage.

I haven't maxed mine but now that I'm playing with the Vaykor Hek I regret it, because the results are not that good without it. I'll keep playing with my sancti tigris until I can max this mod out.

Edited by JohnViande

Vaykor Hek relies on crit builds almost entirely.

The Sancti Tigress benefits quite a bit from one, but its base damage is so high you can get away with pure elemental builds well enough.

The Boar Prime and Strun Wraith do their best damage with crit builds, but it's only slightly better than pure elemental builds and you'll potentially be giving up some other functionality pursuing the crit build.