The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some help/info on Oberon

SatelliteStrike

Question

So in regards to a previous question I made I am kind of curios about Oberon, Jack of all trades, but excelling at nothing. Just curios about a few things on him.

1) How to build him so he can be played right in endgame?

2) Is he any fun. He looks cool with the paladin theme, but is he any fun?

3) How do you play him?

4) Is he strong? I mean, besides heal (3rd skill) and damage+cc (4th skill) can he do some kills? For example would he pair well with my newly crafted Nikana prime

5) any other tips/thing you wanna share or feel that I should know

3 answers to this question

1. Power strength, efficiency, then as much range as you can pile on.  But nothing really gets him viable in end game content (depending on your definition) because his damage falls off hard.  Like it does with almost every damage ability.  They've tried to add in good utility to his abilities and get an A for effort on that, but in the end frames like Loki with disarm are just better at CC.

2. I find picking up entire rooms of mobs and bashing them into the floor extremely fun.  Your mileage may vary.

3. Honestly I play him a lot like rhino without iron skin but instead renewal.  Don't overlook smite, its a very good #1 ability to radiation proc a priority target (bombard, h. gunner, etc)

4. He's a mid-game frame.  If you are playing mid-game content then he can be a beast at it.

5. Try all things, including Oberon.  You'll be surprised what you end up liking even if your expectations are that you won't or if the "meta" tells you it is bad.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

1. Power strength, efficiency, then as much range as you can pile on.  But nothing really gets him viable in end game content (depending on your definition) because his damage falls off hard.  Like it does with almost every damage ability.  They've tried to add in good utility to his abilities and get an A for effort on that, but in the end frames like Loki with disarm are just better at CC.

2. I find picking up entire rooms of mobs and bashing them into the floor extremely fun.  Your mileage may vary.

3. Honestly I play him a lot like rhino without iron skin but instead renewal.  Don't overlook smite, its a very good #1 ability to radiation proc a priority target (bombard, h. gunner, etc)

4. He's a mid-game frame.  If you are playing mid-game content then he can be a beast at it.

5. Try all things, including Oberon.  You'll be surprised what you end up liking even if your expectations are that you won't or if the "meta" tells you it is bad.

^ Pretty much this. He's a mildly fun frame with decent CC and some unique healing/buffing abilities, but, in "end-game" he tends to not be nearly as useful as other frames.

1) He's endgame viable until you reach oneshot-territory, which is a bit too soon for him imho, i.e. he's a bit too squishy for an allrounder. On the other hand, he's a great team player, so if you can rely on your buddies to have you covered, he can do fine. Here's my preferred endgame build:

rwpWWPC.jpg

Some things of note: Rage, Vitality, Stretch (or even more range) and Smite Infusion are core on this guy, imho. Against high level enemies you want to have Natural Talent as well, because otherwise Renewal is too slow to be useful during a fight.

2) He is a lot of fun, imo. He's one of the few Warframes where I consistently use all abilities. His 2nd mostly for the proc/knockdown immunity, though (that one needs some love). Smite is one of the best first abilities out there. Renewal and Reckoning are not stellar, but solid.

3) On lower levels: You can constantly be in the middle of the fray and go ham. Rage & Renewal feed into each other, so you'll never run out of energy. Do whatever you want. In higher-level content you'll have to be more careful and should play ranged and be a great team support.

4) Right now, he's a bit on the weak side. His 150 armour aren't worth all that much these days, and the armour buff of his Hallowed Ground isn't worth mentioning. Because of power creep, what is perceived as "endgame" is higher than ever, and his defenses can't quite keep up.

5) Radiation is one of the best procs out there, and it is not removed by power-disabling effects like Nullifier bubbles. And it does disrupt the auras of Ancients and Eximus units, as well as other units like Shield Ospreys.

Edited by Kontrollo
took screenshot out of the spoiler. Was broken in my browser for some reason