The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failed (not starting) help?

ZizWing

Question

This has only happened to me once before in 2+ years of warframe and it was due to the servers being down... but how the hell do I fix this?

It just stays on "checking for updates" for a decent time and then crashes into "update failed - please try again later" after which the launcher becomes unresponsive upon clicking something.

I know it's not my internet with 200 down 20 up... I can't even connect, it makes no sense. Any ideas to get it started?

I thought I'd update the OP before going to bed so others can see it too.

Steve mentioned in the devstream that most of the issues are coming from the massive amount of players downloading the update. Basically flooding the servers. It is best to try again every so often to see if it will connect, which is what worked for me after many tries. He also mentioned that any persistent issues can most likely be solved through support, so if any of you still have issues tomorrow (or today, depending on when you read this). You may want to think about contacting support about it.

Let's just hope all issues will resolve themselves for now.

Enjoy the update if you can!

...and yes, I know, I marked myself as best answer but it was short and clear so I figured it would be ok...

Edited by zY_Spartan_Yz

Steve just said on stream that support can handle any persistent update issues. The bad server responses are due to the demand right now. If for some reason the update keeps failing even after a long time you may want to contact support.

They have discussed this on the megathread and in the devstream. Please be patient, restart, restart your router if you can. It's because there's lots of people trying to access it in your region.

1 minute ago, Tobiah said:

They have discussed this on the megathread and in the devstream. Please be patient, restart, restart your router if you can. It's because there's lots of people trying to access it in your region.

I figured the update would cause issues but it won't even respond at all... This is a first for me.

EDIT: speak of the devil.... after 20+ minutes of restarting and trying things it just started with 1kb/s... it's something...

Edited by zY_Spartan_Yz

7 minutes ago, Tobiah said:

It's also sadly typical that it'll freeze. Make sure you have nothing else (especially not chrome if you run chrome, because it's very system heavy) running on your computer.

My pc should be able to handle that easily, luckily firefox isn't too ram-heavy but I have plenty anyway.

At least it started now, I'll just watch the stream for now until it's done... I hope it will be at the end of the stream

Just now, White_Matter said:

Aaand there it went down again.

Times like these I really regret spending money on this game. I really do.

I feel you, though the game itself makes up for it in my opinion. These things don't happen often, though they can have a lot of different causes, hence why I requested help.

1 minute ago, zY_Spartan_Yz said:

I feel you, though the game itself makes up for it in my opinion. These things don't happen often, though they can have a lot of different causes, hence why I requested help.

It actually doesn't. I don't think a game 2 years after its release should have these kind of problems. Right now I'm just sitting infront the computer and struggling to download an update that I'm supposed to and I can't. Still getting the cannot connect to servers message. Its been 1 hours and I haven't been able to download S#&$. Not only that but I'm wasting time trying to get this S#&$ working.

Just sad. 

3 minutes ago, TheSldsnke said:

It's updated for me but i cant connect.

download just crashed again for me so I think it's down... or overloaded.

EDIT: force closed it through task manager and it restarted afterwards... The servers are really struggling it seems.

Edited by zY_Spartan_Yz

Whats going to be the repercussions will be like on this mega update ? 

I am just wondering, what is DE's strategy for this one will be ? I can't download the update. And I know for a fact that there are alot of people like me. My update started and got cut off 4 or 5 times already and it just won't reconnect. I have to sit infront of the computer and actively try to download the update. 

Managed to download it on the first attempt around 20-30 mins ago. However, after deciding to verify the cache in the background - instead of immediately playing - as recommended by Steve on Twitter (no idea why, never ever done it before) and playing Shadow of Mordor my PC suddenly crashed upon completion of the verification. Now I just get the launcher update error. So now I've given up.

Back to Shadow of Mordor and beating down my nemesis.

Edited by Naith