The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What should I sell for ducats vs plat?

Lanvari

Question

10 answers to this question

It is really tough to tell sometimes.  My current method right now is to use the website, warframe.market, to gauge plat prices and then I ask myself if it's worth my time finding a buyer.  Another method is going to trade chat and typing "PC" (price check) and then the item you are interested (ex: PC Loki BP) and a few people will respond and tell you how much they think it's worth.  For ducat fuel, I usually save up until Baro comes and look at what prime parts I have.  If I have a ton of them (4+) then it must be common and not worth that much plat, but hang onto some if you think you can sell it off in a set.

12 hours ago, PikeOrShield said:

It is really tough to tell sometimes.  My current method right now is to use the website, warframe.market, to gauge plat prices and then I ask myself if it's worth my time finding a buyer.  Another method is going to trade chat and typing "PC" (price check) and then the item you are interested (ex: PC Loki BP) and a few people will respond and tell you how much they think it's worth.  For ducat fuel, I usually save up until Baro comes and look at what prime parts I have.  If I have a ton of them (4+) then it must be common and not worth that much plat, but hang onto some if you think you can sell it off in a set.

Is there a general plat / ducat exchange rate that I can use to tell if something is worth enough plat to sell?

There is no such thing as a ducat/plat exchange rate. Prime parts prices vary greatly from one buyer/seller to the next, and changes daily.

^Look in warframe market, you'll see the huge range on prices on both ends.

But if you want to know whats worth selling for platinum, check patch content notes and see what has been added recently, items that have been vaulted (in case you have any on you), and tradeable items from events.

You want to know whats best to sell for ducats:

check the exchange rate from the vendor npc

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ducats

then compare to where they drop

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Void/ByMissions 

Edited by Souldend78
Best of luck tenno.

2 hours ago, Lanvari said:

Is there a general plat / ducat exchange rate that I can use to tell if something is worth enough plat to sell?

Honestly, it's best to just keep a set or two of anything, just so you have parts on hand if needed or asked for. Otherwise, sell all extra duplicates, unless they have a market value of at least 20p or more.  That's about where I'd cut it off most of the time.

That's generally what I do, since I trade a lot.

2 hours ago, Lanvari said:

I guess what I mean is: (average ducat price) / (average plat price)

There is no relation to Ducat/Plat value.  Some things that are worth 20 Ducats can get you 50 Plat while other items that can also get you 20 Ducats can only get you 5p.  Plat prices are based around how hard it is to farm while Ducat prices are arbitrary.

5 hours ago, Lanvari said:

It's not about something being worth enough plat to sell, it's more about finding a buyer.  If something is really easy to farm, not only does the Plat price go down, but no one wants to buy it at all unless it's in a set.

2 hours ago, PikeOrShield said:

There is no relation to Ducat/Plat value.  Some things that are worth 20 Ducats can get you 50 Plat while other items that can also get you 20 Ducats can only get you 5p.  Plat prices are based around how hard it is to farm while Ducat prices are arbitrary.

That's exactly why I want to know the ducat to plat value, since items have relatively arbitrary ducat values, but plat values based on market interest, inevitably some items will be better to sell for plat while others are better to sell for ducats.

1 hour ago, Lanvari said:

That's exactly why I want to know the ducat to plat value, since items have relatively arbitrary ducat values, but plat values based on market interest, inevitably some items will be better to sell for plat while others are better to sell for ducats.

Ok, I think I understand... maybe.  It would be a lot easier if ducats could be traded for plat, but that's sadly not the case.  The ducat to plat value you are talking about also fuxuates with what Baro bring s each week.  If he brings something desirable that can be traded to other players, you can stock up on the item and effectively turn your ducats-item-plat.

Sorry to give such a vague and esoteric answer, but there is no stander value and it's all in the eye of the beholder.  You have to ask yourself what each thing is worth to you.  My personal rule of thumb is to sell whatever I can for plat and use the rest for ducats.  I have a friend who sells only things that net him 30+plat because he already buys plat frame DE, does not play enough to waste time on trade chat, and just needs ducats.  There are even players who buy other people's junk prime parts (for about 1-2p each) since the don't farm the void enough.  Find out how much you value each type of currency and make decisions based on that.  Best of luck!