Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cd On Sliding? Lolwut?

Triskelon

So there is now a CD on the sliding?  I never saw a problem with sliding in the 1st place.  Who cares if someone slides all the way to the end of the mission.  Drops will still be there, and if ur to slow to get to extraction you're just dumb.  You could walk all the way to extraction with the time given that's why there's a time limit to wait for slow people.  

And now we're forced to wait on Rhino to run to extraction because he can't slide to keep up.  I also personally loved to Slide > Jump > and then slide again mid air for that nice fancy little kick, but the CD won't even let me do that now..  Lets focus more on people macroing single shot weapons instead of the movement of the game.  I thought it was supposed to be played at a fast pace...

You're a bit late for the mass-hysteria party, but good work on doing your part.

If you take a minute or so to look around the forum, you'll see that you can still slide-flip-slide and that nothing is really all that different.

Spin-attacks will be nerfed too, eventually. DE didn't like the idea that people exploit combat moves to gain speed.

But in nerfing sliding with a CD I can't even do my fancy slide > jump > kick anymore..

None the less why don't they instead have sliding drain stamina?  At least people who wanted to exploit it for speed would have to waste mod slots on Marathon, or Quick rest.  It'd make those mods actually useful. 

Wow. This thread certainly started on the wrong foot, I'm glad I managed to get a peek before the nonsense got annihilated.

Lets have an adult discussion, shall we?

People like speed. I like speed. Using slides in different situations, whether I'm in my Fastest Loki trying to leave a trail of fire behind me or my fatty Frost trying to keep up with my team, was just fun! Yet speed is always nerfed to keep us in check.

It makes sense for us not to be TOO fast, otherwise we would easily break any immersion there could possibly be and just look silly.

On the other hand, I have to admit that in my opinion, this nerf took it a step too far. One of my favorite moves in the game was sliding, frontflipping from the slide, and air-kicking with another slide to get that maximal speed boost (without a wall to hop from).

Now, all I can do is get one slide-speed-boost per 3-5 seconds.

My humble request about this situation is just to have two different cooldowns - Air-kick speedboost from slide, and grounded slide speedboost. This way we can still perform this move, but we probably won't be able to spam it or get too crazy with it anymore. There is probably a lot of tuning involved, but I can see how many clanmates and other players are feeling so castrated with the changes.

On a non-slide note:

It would be really really nice if Rush allowed for a high capacity, and its value was more appropriated for slower frames so that they won't drag behind.

For example (This is just a theoretical concept) -

Lokis should have to pay extra to get that 30% boost they get from Rush, which makes them go lightning fast.

Rhinos should be given it much more easily as they decide to spec into Rush, and/or they should be able to reach even +50% if they put a SERIOUS AMOUNT of capacity into it.

Basically, the system could use some more lenience and diversity. it is pretty stiff at the moment.

Edited by Feam

Wow. This thread certainly started on the wrong foot, I'm glad I managed to get a peek before the nonsense got annihilated.

Lets have an adult discussion, shall we?

People like speed. I like speed. Using slides in different situations, whether I'm in my Fastest Loki trying to leave a trail of fire behind me or my fatty Frost trying to keep up with my team, Being fast was fun! Yet speed is always nerfed to keep us in check.

It makes sense for us not to be TOO fast, otherwise we would easily break any immersion there could possibly be and just look silly.

On the other hand, I have to admit that in my opinion, this nerf took it a step too far. One of my favorite moves in the game was sliding, frontflipping from the slide, and air-kicking with another slide to get that maximal speed boost (without a wall to hop from).

Now, all I can do is get one slide-speed-boost per 3-5 seconds.

My humble request about this situation is just to have two different cooldowns - Air-kick speedboost from slide, and grounded slide speedboost. This way we can still perform this move, but we probably won't be able to spam it or get too crazy with it anymore. There is probably a lot of tuning involved, but I can see how many clanmates and other players are feeling so castrated with the changes.

This seems sensible

All I really miss is the Slide>Flip>Kick

and I never really had a problem with people exploiting the slide, as I saw it was a way to get around, and everyone could easily do the same.  The issue really was people were macroing it.

If it can be abused, people will abuse it and developers will nerf it.

End of story.

You can go home nao.

Ok, Thats soooooooooooooooooooooooooo Not True

Do i have to mention vaub and trinity? or better yet go watch those videos where they go to wave 100+, oh wait they abuse those 2 in an infinite energy cycle to get there, so your line is not always true

Ok, Thats soooooooooooooooooooooooooo Not True

Do i have to mention vaub and trinity? or better yet go watch those videos where they go to wave 100+, oh wait they abuse those 2 in an infinite energy cycle to get there, so your line is not always true

A trinity nerf is coming, you know.

Vauban still unconfirmed, but probable.

A trinity nerf is coming, you know.

And Reaper Prime is "going to be buffed"

And Iron Skin is "going to be 'looked at'"

And Frost Prime is "going to be exclusive"

And PvP is "not going to influence the development in any way*"

(There's probably a few more I've forgotten about)

I've seen very little proof that any of those are going to happen, so I doubt that one will either

*"The fact that every ability that's been nerfed or "bugged" recently all just happen to be stuns, give invulnerability or have some other mechanic that most PvPers (would) probably hate is total coincidence, honest!"

Edited by Aeshi

Why on earth would they nerf this?

why implement a nerf that would punish 90% of the player base,

whats so special and fun about this shooter, (among other things)

Is the fact that you are very mobile with wallrunning and jumping/sliding, all over the maps...

nerfing our ability to effectively slide with a CD, is IMHO. a step in the wrong direction.

Why on earth would they nerf this?

why implement a nerf that would punish 90% of the player base,

whats so special and fun about this shooter, (among other things)

Is the fact that you are very mobile with wallrunning and jumping/sliding, all over the maps...

nerfing our ability to effectively slide with a CD, is IMHO. a step in the wrong direction.

Too bad people only slide and hug the floor like bumper cars instead of actually wall-running.

Too bad people only slide and hug the floor like bumper cars instead of actually wall-running.

Perhaps if Wallrunning actually worked on a majority of the walls in the game you'd see people using it.

As is it only really works on the walls its specifically needed for in order to progress, and is only barely functional there.

And Reaper Prime is "going to be buffed"

And Iron Skin is "going to be 'looked at'"

And Frost Prime is "going to be exclusive"

And PvP is "not going to influence the development in any way*"

(There's probably a few more I've forgotten about)

I've seen very little proof that any of those are going to happen, so I doubt that one will either

*"The fact that every ability that's been nerfed or "bugged" recently all just happen to be stuns, give invulnerability or have some other mechanic that most PvPers (would) probably hate is total coincidence, honest!"

You are conveniently disregarding a lot for the sake of making a point / comedy (I do that too but let me argue with you because its the internet.)

Permanent Stuns and Permanent Invulnerability. Other than "other mechanics", these are the ones you listed.

Now that they are prominently stated and not thrown as an accusation, do you see the problem with them?

Rhino, was not, balanced. Whether he is NOW is a different question. They have a long way to go with many of the nerfs and buffs they do.

Permanent stuns on anything - a player or a mob, is not balance.

I can see and say a lot of bad things about the way DE handles things, but if there is ONE THING I can give them is thathey genuinely TRY. Saying "They said Reaper Prime fix is coming and there is no evidence of that" Not more than one patch after Reaper Prime was released, can be considered fairly impatient. I'd like to note that I'm one of the first people to craft a Reaper Prime, but I'll gladly wait and enjoy playing with it as is while they choose what is the best thing to do.

Frost Prime was bad communication at its peak, and you're welcome to hold it up to DE's face whenever you'd like. I disagree quite a bit with the way they handled that specific detail, but for the life of me I cannot find a way to undo or fix anything in that. It is done. It was the first Craftable Prime, it was the first Operation reward. If anything, I can hope that they've made their deductions and learnt from this experience based on their actions and not based on 49% of the community angry about X and 51% of the community angry about Y. They will never be able to please everyone.

The main subject, PvP balancing; they have stressed it so, freaking, much... Internal balance. PERSONAL balance. Not overall game balance.

If you have a better example of a nerf that affects PvP ONLY - and I'm not saying freaking invulnerablity because AI can do damage as well - Feel free to note it out.

PvP will influence development. it is a feature. Just like Stealth is a feature. You don't have to use it, but ITS THERE. It is no more than a MINIGAME at the moment. How will it influence development? There is a small group of people working on it. They could have been working on a different minigame in Warframe, but they chose this one, so that people who like this minigame can enjoy it.

That is just about it.

I've seen DE make mistakes and maybe even not keep promises, so far I haven't spotted a flat out lie thrown into my face.

TL;DR - If you honestly believe their "secret agenda" is to make PvP the one and only concern of this game, and you think the whole 10 years of thought + 1 year of PvE development + countless promises of PvP being contained = a LIE, I'm going to have to disagree.

I'm about to make a thread and bump it every time.

You can still continuously do this but now you have to hold down the sprint button.

Another work-around is to toggle the sprint button so you have to press sprint once then go on to perform the rest like before.

Perhaps if Wallrunning actually worked on a majority of the walls in the game you'd see people using it.

As is it only really works on the walls its specifically needed for in order to progress, and is only barely functional there.

You should actually try wall-running, it can be used on a lot of surfaces.

I'm about to make a thread and bump it every time.

You can still continuously do this but now you have to hold down the sprint button.

Another work-around is to toggle the sprint button so you have to press sprint once then go on to perform the rest like before.

Good luck. It's been said before on several threads, even as early as the hotfix one. It seems to me that people don't actually look at the forum at all before making a new thread complaining about the cooldown. I guess the mindset is "I wanna whine an' ain't no-one gonna stop me". Quite disappointing.