The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there Counter-Play to Shock Eximus?

Havenless

4 minutes ago, Inmemoratus said:

Anyway, I usually just shoot down nullifier bubbles from range because they are usually accompanied by a bunch of enemies so diving in there is risky.

Sniper rifle only sortie rings a bell? Shotgun users are already punished by nullifiers. Now they don't even have the option to go close quarters on them. They should always bring an automatic secondary. Right. Because diversity. Sure.
Again. Do you think sorties that have shotgun only, sniper rifle only, melee only are meant to be impossible to do?

The real problem is not the effect per se...its that there is not any indicator of nothing regarding this enemy... yeah check out the enemy when the visual effect of the magnetic proc is so little, enemy just looks ordinary (even worst on a group of them), effect procs out trough walls and for the love of god what a hit to those that like melee...

Counter play?.. just use a gun no melee whatsoever and stay away from anything that looks like an eximus.. then pray....

1 minute ago, Inmemoratus said:

Ugh I'd rather keep the small aura. Another huge AoE in a horde of corpus would be ridiculous. I want to be able to see the aura though.

True, but it would be nice if the aura was non-permanent. Something they have to actually trigger and isn't active 24/7.

Heh, make it so Eximus units actually use energy, and have magnetic procs empty their energy pool, turning their powers off.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

Just you, and the reason is plain.  As for your comment, nobody said anything about not using guns at all.  I asked why he thinks melee should no longer be a viable option in all settings alongside guns being a viable option in all settings.

I'm still waiting on that answer I know I'll never get.

You said to somebody else that you're done with them too.

I'm pretty sure I addressed whatever you said but you're gonna have to go back and pull up some quotes now if you're not satisfied.

2 minutes ago, ScorpDK said:

True, but it would be nice if the aura was non-permanent. Something they have to actually trigger and isn't active 24/7.

Heh, make it so Eximus units actually use energy, and have magnetic procs empty their energy pool, turning their powers off.

That's a neat idea but only relevant in cases where you can't quickly kill them in the first place. So it would probably help with the "muh 3 hour survival" camp.

People will always cry about auras because they want to play the game 100% melee. It's ridiculous. Bring your guns people. It doesn't kill you to swap to your gun every now and then. Wait... inb4 somebody says "It literally does!!"

Edited by Inmemoratus

Just now, Inmemoratus said:

You said to somebody else that you're done with them too.

I'm pretty sure I addressed whatever you said but you're gonna have to go back and pull up some quotes now if you're not satisfied.

You tried to take an opinion comment and make it seem like I was trying to purport it as fact.  That's why you've been ignored.  You've been actively trying to start something since you started replying in this thread.  That's why you are being ignored.

Oh, and, no, you haven't addressed my question.  You've been avoiding it like the plague because of the detrimental effect any answer you give on that question will have to your argument.

If you want to discuss try without personally attacking me.  Attack the argument, then I'll stop ignoring you.

2 minutes ago, Inmemoratus said:

That's a neat idea but only relevant in cases where you can't quickly kill them in the first place. So it would probably help with the "muh 3 hour survival" camp.

People will always cry about auras because they want to play the game 100% melee. It's ridiculous. Bring your guns people. It doesn't kill you to swap to your gun every now and then. Wait... inb4 somebody says "It literally does!!"

^ but people do have guns...and are still getting slaughtered with them regardless

as another player stated....what about sorties that require specific weapons only? there isnt much counter play in that either....and please dont say skip the sortie x_X

as ive said plenty of times.....these guys just need a rebalance.....insta-loss of so many things is just a game killer and honestly poor design.

Just now, Inmemoratus said:

People will always cry about auras because they want to play the game 100% melee. It's ridiculous. Bring your guns people. It doesn't kill you to swap to your gun every now and then.

EV trinity with a tonkor to level here. Io, Jupiter. 20 wave. 2 shock eximus nullifiers. Go into the bubble they said. Shoot them in the face they said.

As I said earlier I survived. But I hope you are not seriously suggesting that everyone should have a raid-level setup on them at all times. There is always hope.

Just now, Flirk2 said:

EV trinity with a tonkor to level here. Io, Jupiter. 20 wave. 2 shock eximus nullifiers. Go into the bubble they said. Shoot them in the face they said.

As I said earlier I survived. But I hope you are not seriously suggesting that everyone should have a raid-level setup on them at all times. There is always hope.

^ even with raid level set up.....when you are going up against the same two but level 100+.......have fun with that while they shoot you in the face

2 minutes ago, Flirk2 said:

You don't have a sidearm that can bring the bubble down quickly?

9 minutes ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

You tried to take an opinion comment and make it seem like I was trying to purport it as fact.  That's why you've been ignored.  You've been actively trying to start something since you started replying in this thread.  That's why you are being ignored.

Oh, and, no, you haven't addressed my question.  You've been avoiding it like the plague because of the detrimental effect any answer you give on that question will have to your argument.

If you want to discuss try without personally attacking me.  Attack the argument, then I'll stop ignoring you.

I was trying to point out how stupid that post was.

Which question? Honestly I don't know which one you mean.

Edited by Inmemoratus

1 minute ago, Inmemoratus said:

You don't have a sidearm that can bring the bubble down quickly?

Do you even nullifier? Really nothing can bring that bubble down quickly. Nothing. It's 5 hit minimum. It's a time sink. And every other nullifier advocate was always going:"they are fine. Go into the bubble and melee/shoot them"

So In your opinion I have to:

1) Have Vitality maxed on any frame I take to corpus AND void

2)Have at least 1 automatic weapon on me at all times

3)prioritize the eximi. And gunners. And bombards. And techs. And bursa, And sapping ospreys. And ancients.

4)join the syndicate (better 4) to have large restores and weapons with restorative explosions. And have 200 large restores on me at all times (I have 120 medium ones for health and energy at all times since sorties happened...)

5)git gud and have situational awareness that will let me find that one shock eximus that spawned behind the door, and a weapon with punch through to deal with them. Better an automatic weapon in case it's a nullifier.

Thank you for your support and undying faith in mankind. But If I have to jump through that many hoops to finish any corpus or void mission, I might as well play something else and hope you have enough like-minded individuals to get a full squad for your mission.

1 minute ago, Flirk2 said:

Do you even nullifier? Really nothing can bring that bubble down quickly. Nothing. It's 5 hit minimum. It's a time sink. And every other nullifier advocate was always going:"they are fine. Go into the bubble and melee/shoot them"

So In your opinion I have to:

1) Have Vitality maxed on any frame I take to corpus AND void

2)Have at least 1 automatic weapon on me at all times

3)prioritize the eximi. And gunners. And bombards. And techs. And bursa, And sapping ospreys. And ancients.

4)join the syndicate (better 4) to have large restores and weapons with restorative explosions. And have 200 large restores on me at all times (I have 120 medium ones for health and energy at all times since sorties happened...)

5)git gud and have situational awareness that will let me find that one shock eximus that spawned behind the door, and a weapon with punch through to deal with them. Better an automatic weapon in case it's a nullifier.

Thank you for your support and undying faith in mankind. But If I have to jump through that many hoops to finish any corpus or void mission, I might as well play something else and hope you have enough like-minded individuals to get a full squad for your mission.

I used to mostly use a Bolto with Entropy Spike and it was excellent for nullifier bubbles, but anything with a good fire rate should be too.

Edited by Inmemoratus

On 06.03.2016 at 2:50 AM, Stardrinker said:

And if you play melee? Too bad? If you play melee with a frame that uses Quick Thinking? Too bad x 2?

Frame with QT, melee, 3-rd sortie corpus survival... C-C-C-COMBO!!!

If you' brought that QT with you on today's sortie surv we'd be drinking your sweet sweet tears right now cause guess what - 

y.jpg

I don't know if someone in DE messed up with it but it was hilarious to say the least. 

I was really surprised there were no shock ones, just imagine what a party if would've been if it was a corpus surv xD Every enemy on the map is an eximus, and 50 or more % of them are leech emexii. Good thing it was only stage 1. But still fun, cause no energy for daaays. And the answer to it? It came to us like a proverb - fight cheese with cheese. Don't use energy, just beat them with the stick until they die. Great gameplay, such diversity, many options (if it will be like this with the shock units and nothing will be reworked), 10/10.

Edited by Nomen_Nescio

5 minutes ago, Nomen_Nescio said:

If you' brought that QT with you on today's sortie surv we'd be drinking your sweet sweet tears right now cause guess what - 

y.jpg

I don't know if someone in DE messed up with it but it was hilarious to say the least. 

I was really surprised there were no shock ones, just imagine what a party if would've been if it was a corpus surv xD Every enemy on the map is an eximus, and 50 or more % of them are leech emexii. Good thing it was only stage 1. But still fun, cause no energy for daaays. And the answer to it? It came to us like a proverb - fight cheese with cheese. Don't use energy, just beat them with the stick until they die. Great gameplay, such diversity, many options (if it will be like this with the shock units and nothing will be reworked), 10/10.

Bad comparison. Energy leech aura has a 15 meter radius. That means it covers 707 square meters. The shock eximus aura is only a 5 meter radius which only covers 79 square meters.

Guess what? There were grineer ones, surprise. I've told about that in the topic before. In the previous grineer surv the day before (that was I think the third or second stage, they were lvl ~100) I encountered them when I played Wukong. Though maybe it was a bug but I'm not counting on it too much that's why I brought cheese to this hardcore party. And was only one who never died there.

Bad comparison. Energy leech aura has a 15 meter radius. That means it covers 707 square meters. The shock eximus aura is only a 5 meter radius which only covers 79 square meters.

Someone wasn't paying attention I guess. Every enemy on the map was an eximus. Majority of them were leeches but there were other too. Now imagine that you're swarmed with leeches AND 2-3,4 whatever shock units in the corpus surv at the same time. And since they're all look the same? GG, ez. 

Edited by Nomen_Nescio

5 minutes ago, Nomen_Nescio said:

Guess what? There were grineer ones, surprise. I've told about that in the topic before. In the previous grineer surv the day before (that was I think the third or second stage, tehy were lvl ~100) I encountered them when I played Wukong. Though maybe it was a bug but I'm not counting on it too much that's why I brought cheese to this hardcore party. And was only one who never died there.

Someone wasn't paying attention I guess. Every enemy on the map was an eximus. Majority of them were leeches but there were other too. Now imagine that you're swarmed with leeches AND 2-3,4 whatever shock units in the corpus surv at the same time. And since they're all look the same? GG, ez. 

That would have to be in the void because otherwise energy leech is grineer only and shock is corpus only. There are no void sorties so you wouldn't be subject to any sortie conditions + both types of eximus.

8 minutes ago, Inmemoratus said:

Wasn't your response that people should "prioritize them" over other Eximus?  Please, by all means, tell me how many of those Eximus on that screen are Energy Leech as opposed to Leech, or Arson, etc.  

Unless you can take the time, amidst all that, to individually move your reticle over each distinct enemy, how would you possibly be able to do the same with Corpus and pick out the Electric Eximus units to prioritize them? 

Energy leech is grineer only? Since when exactly? I remember back when sortie only started I've encountered the same thing basically in the corpus defense, but didn't take screenshot that time. Since then I'm pretty much paranoid about this condition. It was also eximus stronghold and it spawned leeches in the same ridiculous amount, to the point that EV couldn't ev at all because energy just dissapeared too fast.

Had to look in the wiki for that, to make sure I'm not going insane and nope I'm not - 

Energy Leeches/Parasitics units are capable of draining players' energy within 15 meters at the rate of 5s-1 (non-stackable effect). These Eximi are commonly a close combat units such as Corpus Prod Crewmen and Grineer Butchers

Edited by Nomen_Nescio

3 minutes ago, Inmemoratus said:

That would have to be in the void because otherwise energy leech is grineer only and shock is corpus only. There are no void sorties so you wouldn't be subject to any sortie conditions + both types of eximus.

Wut? So you say infested don't have energy leech? Coprus don't have one? 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Eximus

I can't believe people keep defending this "shock eximus" with abc, xyz,...

If this unit does not change, soon Infested and Grineer will have similar units. Try me. There is a borderline to how far you can go in design an unit.