The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there Counter-Play to Shock Eximus?

Havenless

3 minutes ago, TermiteFrame said:

You know what, I don't know how these guys are going to affect me in a big way during solo meele only T3 - T4 (T anything) 60 minute (more or less) survivals. If all they are is a big honking magnetic procs with legs then ok that's not really a big issue for me to deal with on my own. If you think that's ego stroking, or lies or whatever...fine. But I sincerely mean it when I think you guys are making a bigger deal than it actually is.

I'm getting the impression that a huge part of this outcry is from people who like to go 3 hours in survival with valkyr. Getting touched by that aura results in instant death once the enemies are like level 200 or something. Actually considering what happens if Hysteria ends while you're within 5 meters of an enemy... it's not even about the levels of the enemies, is it? :P

I dunno about you, but I have trouble feeling a huge amount of sympathy because the game is supposed to get ridiculous after an hour or so in survival.

Edited by Inmemoratus

5 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

League? Okay. Let's introduce a new minion that steals all your mana when he manages to get a hit on you. Must be pretty fun for sure.

You say ancients and bombard are far more annoying than shock eximus?

KBNcZ.gif

if you are going to make an analogy at least make a reasonable one. shock eximus' don't sap energy whenever they attack you. its proximity based, so completely avoidable unless one spawns on your face (which doesn't happen). Saying there is a lack of counterplay is just a plain lie. People want to use whatever loadout they want in whatever mission they choose, but that's not how the game works. I'm sorry if you only want to swing your sword all day long, but this game is a little more in depth than that. There is a reason so many damage types exist, why you can spec warframes differently, its so you can adapt to different contexts

1 minute ago, Inmemoratus said:

I'm getting the impression that a huge part of this outcry is from people who like to go 3 hours in survival with valkyr. Getting touched by that aura results in instant death once the enemies are like level 200 or something.

I dunno about you, but I have trouble feeling a huge amount of sympathy because the game is supposed to get ridiculous after an hour or so in survival.

ANY frame at that level getting hit by that aura equals pretty much guaranteed death

Just now, Inmemoratus said:

I'm getting the impression that a huge part of this outcry is from people who like to go 3 hours in survival with valkyr. Getting touched by that aura results in instant death once the enemies are like level 200 or something.

Honestly, people who play for more than 80 mins/ Waves are not who we're talking about. We're talking about the people who don't want to jump through all these crazy a$$ hoops to have fun.

3 minutes ago, TermiteFrame said:

You know what, I don't know how these guys are going to affect me in a big way during solo meele only T3 - T4 (T anything) 60 minute (more or less) survivals. If all they are is a big honking magnetic procs with legs then ok that's not really a big issue for me to deal with on my own. If you think that's ego stroking, or lies or whatever...fine. But I sincerely mean it when I think you guys are making a bigger deal than it actually is.

mark 40, t3 survival. cluster of butcher, eximus all kinds, bombar + heavy gunners, all inside a lovely yellow bubble that nulifier is ejaculating. Try me melee only. IT DOES NOT PROC MAGNETICS ON HIT, it PROC MAGNETIC ON AURA. that what broken. other energy stealing units always has balance mechanic: Ancient distuptor need to hit you, Leech eximus need to stay near you a considerable time. This guy take away all your energy and shield even w/o seeing or touching you.

1 minute ago, Gwimmlord said:

ANY frame at that level getting hit by that aura equals pretty much guaranteed death

That's because the game is supposed to be completely bananas at level 200.

Just now, Sunfaiz said:

Honestly, people who play for more than 80 mins/ Waves are not who we're talking about. We're talking about the people who don't want to jump through all these crazy a$$ hoops to have fun.

Like having to care about which enemies have spawned and the positioning of yourself to those enemies? Yeah I agree it's more fun to mindlessly mow everything down without considering what they even do.

1 minute ago, J1ffyLub3 said:

if you are going to make an analogy at least make a reasonable one. shock eximus' don't sap energy whenever they attack you. its proximity based, so completely avoidable unless one spawns on your face (which doesn't happen). Saying there is a lack of counterplay is just a plain lie. People want to use whatever loadout they want in whatever mission they choose, but that's not how the game works. I'm sorry if you only want to swing your sword all day long, but this game is a little more in depth than that. There is a reason so many damage types exist, why you can spec warframes differently, its so you can adapt to different contexts

Im not sure you realise this but that eximus unit pretty LIMITS depth 
diversity will get you killed (and PS enemies can spawn on your face EX: you're about to go through a door and right before the door opens one spawns in that room. and I know that can happen because it already happened to me)

Get straight up on his face and shoot at him.

Isn't this how the game worked for these last 3 years? Nothing wrong with it, right?

Please guys just tell me when DE will stop putting artificial difficulty on every single point of the map and then calling it "endgame" with no rewards for veterans at all, so I can join again, I guess.

Just now, Gwimmlord said:

diversity will get you killed (and PS enemies can spawn on your face EX: you're about to go through a door and right before the door opens one spawns in that room. and I know that can happen because it already happened to me)

The circumstances under which a magnetic proc kills you are a bit extreme. There have to be a lot of strong enemies ready to attack you. If you have enough time to dodge roll you should be fine.

3 minutes ago, Inmemoratus said:

That's because the game is supposed to be completely bananas at level 200.

Like having to care about which enemies have spawned and the positioning of yourself to those enemies? Yeah I agree it's more fun to mindlessly mow everything down without considering what they even do.

Listen man just cause you've done everything there is too do and are bored is now reason to justify broken mechanics. These things are bad. They aren't fun. They punish you before you can even react to counter them 

3 minutes ago, Gwimmlord said:

you can't base your experiences with an enemy upon fringe cases. that's simply faulty reasoning

Just now, Inmemoratus said:

The circumstances under which a magnetic proc kills you are a bit extreme. There have to be a lot of strong enemies ready to attack you. If you have enough time to dodge roll you should be fine.

which you know there are tons of everywhere in a T4 survival
an ivara without energy = certain death

Incoming 2 cents;

Shock eximus are broken good. Instantly draining all energy and as much shield as they do, while scrambling the screen is too much for a single unit. I do not like the "fix" for them at all that 18.5 has brought. Their energy drain should be gradual like an energy leech eximus, or not at all, instead merely disrupting shields or inflicting an electric stun proc.

It almost seems pointless to have powers at all with enemies that are able to basically say "lol, F*** you this is a generic shooter now"

2 minutes ago, J1ffyLub3 said:

you can't base your experiences with an enemy upon fringe cases. that's simply faulty reasoning

I have nearly 2k hours into this game there has not been a single enemy who has caused me death as quick as this one does where I have not been able to do S#&$ against

1 minute ago, Sunfaiz said:

ANY caster without energy is dead.  Nyx?  Nova?  Hell even trinity ? All gone.

I mentioned ivara specifically because thats the frame I was using at that time, I know that any caster is dead in that situation.

6 minutes ago, J1ffyLub3 said:

its proximity based, so completely avoidable unless one spawns on your face (which doesn't happen).

Actually, it does.  With the number of blind U-turns, small spawn cupboards and multi level rooms Corpus ships have, it is very much a possibility that these will spawn with you already in range and then you lose all energy, sheilds and have your HUD scrambled before you even know they are there.

The thing that really seems crazy about this conversation about these Eximus is that we've already been here!  They worked like this before and it was so bad that the Mag proc was removed intentionally.  It seems like DE and a bunch of players have forgotten that this was supposed to be getting reworked into something different before it came back but instead has been re-introduced exactly as it was because 'bug' rather than intentional change...

2 minutes ago, Gwimmlord said:

I have nearly 2k hours into this game there has not been a single enemy who has caused me death as quick as this one does where I have not been able to do S#&$ against

Sorry man I'm all for getting rid of these guys, but he's right. Cant Drag personal Experiences in

Edited by Sunfaiz

8 minutes ago, Gwimmlord said:

then learn or play better? simply because you've been playing for 2k hours doesn't mean you've been playing "well" or "skillfully". This game is more than mind numbingly shooting bullets or chopping people. Sometimes you might even have to think before you act! gasp! There is nothing mechanically intense about the shock eximus, its just people hate change and people hate having to think and adapt to a given scenario. people want to spam to win...but at higher levels sometimes more precautions are needed

Edited by J1ffyLub3

4 minutes ago, Sunfaiz said:

Sorry man I'm all for getting rid of these guys, but he's right. Cant Drag personal Experiences in

this isnt just about personal experience 
if this happens to me imagine all the people who dont know as much about them
and dont have the experience I have in doing stuff in this game
they will be dying a whole lot more than I am

11 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Actually, it does.  With the number of blind U-turns, small spawn cupboards and multi level rooms Corpus ships have, it is very much a possibility that these will spawn with you already in range and then you lose all energy, sheilds and have your HUD scrambled before you even know they are there.

then walk around slower and more intentionally! this community simply wants to do whatever they want and get away with it in this game

Edited by J1ffyLub3

5 minutes ago, Gwimmlord said:

this isnt just about personal experience 
if this happens to me imagine all the people who dont know as much about them
and dont have the experience I have in doing stuff in this game
they will be dying a whole lot more than I am

I ran into a shock eximus once and have yet to experience any further trouble with them. Simply because you are stubborn or refuse to acknowledge alternate playstyles that work better against them, doesn't mean everybody else is like that

1 minute ago, Gwimmlord said:

That is asking to get shot and meleed in the face

i didn't say to stop moving. there is a grey area. you don't need to be speed racer to avoid enemy fire, making better use of cover or even rolling also work. I simply said put more intention behind your movements, don't simply run around for the sake of running around

Edited by J1ffyLub3

22 minutes ago, J1ffyLub3 said:

I'm sorry if you only want to swing your sword all day long, but this game is a little more in depth than that. There is a reason so many damage types exist, why you can spec warframes differently, its so you can adapt to different contexts

Requiring an extremely narrow range of loadouts and tactics in order to deal with one enemy type is not "depth". Avoiding crowds and sticking to ranged is just as "shallow" is wading into crowds swinging your sword. Enemies that essentially force one over the other are bad design.