The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm a little lost.

Kyokkokou

Question

Okay. To preface this, I have alot of friendly people to help me with this game. Unfortunately a lot of them are experienced, they are sort of habit formed? I guess is the best way to explain it.

They've given me ideas of what I need to do, but they are at Point D, and I'm at point B. I have no idea how to get to point C to get to point D? I don't really know how to explain it.

But anyways.. what exactly do you do in this game like.. besides just alerts.. and regular missions? I had a bunch of quests to follow, but I ran out of those. 

Sorry if this is extremely obvious and I'm just blind.

5 answers to this question

You have to focus at one thing at a time, try not to focus on multiple things.

First thing first if you didn't do it.

Go to the codex->Training->Advanced movements->tutorials.

Bosses drop warframe parts.

Quests are unlocked by doing certian missions, for example you get Howl of the Kubrow by killing the Jackal, Venus's boss.

Anyway I'd recommend reading the warframe wikia

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiuki/WARFRAME_Wiki

Unlike games like TF2

Warframe has a more systems to understand.....likewise, movement, and Kubrows to Exilus adapters.

So reading how to do one thing first, should help you on your journey, like reading the section called "Mods" or "Warframes"

You'll need things like Aura mods which increase your mod capacity on your main warframe.

OR syndicates, that are fulled by pride by wearing a sigil.

Each quests hopefully, introduces you to how the game works and functions.

There are things called clans, and you might want to join one.

Howl of the kubrow=Kubrow tutorial

Second dream=Spolier system.

Clem's quest=gives up a exilus adapter.

Chroma quest=Synthesis scanner

Mirage quest=Vault runs, Vault mods.

Limbos question=excavations, archwing, grinding perhaps?

Archwing quest=Get new archwing, learn how to use it.

Similarly, it's also hard to explain how to get to Point C.

Warframe is heavily farm based, ie in order to get high tier weaponry you have to run a single mission a lot to get that rare part. Sounds boring, but it's highly rewarding.

Theres a lot to jump into, Syndicates, Relays, Vaulted items, etc, etc. But ultimately focus on 1 thing at a time, if you like a particular frame or gun, catalyst or reactor it, Forma it, put time into it, and it'll be high tier 

Not sure how far you are, but be sure to put time into things like using correct damage types against certain enemies (weaknesses can be found on the Warframe wiki). Adding base damage mods (serration, hornet strike, pressure point) Wiki will also tell you drop locations of prime parts

It's a lot to swallow at once with experienced players bickering for content whilst newcomers are left to die, but, you'll get it

Edited by (PS4)Uio937
Added new advice

17 minutes ago, Kyokkokou said:

.. what exactly do you do in this game like.. besides just alerts.. and regular missions? I had a bunch of quests to follow, but I ran out of those. 

Sorry if this is extremely obvious and I'm just blind.

Not surprising compared to when a lot of us started back then, there was only a star chart. Now, there are void runs, derelict missions, conflicts between factions, PVP, trading, the list goes on...

What I'd strongly recommend is for you to clear the star chart if you haven't done so. That way, when alerts pop up, you'll be ready for any important alerts that will pop up. After that, just do what you feel like doing.

Farm for parts and mods?

Dabble in trading and rack up some platinum?

Participate in conclave PVP?

Breed Kubrows?

The choice is yours, in all honesty.

Warframe have a lot of grinding and it gets repetitive and boring. At the end, this grinding can be very rewarding. With how you explained it, I'm at point E, I've done almost everything there is to do in Warframe and I almost always find new things to do.

Challenge yourself, for exaple: clear the star chart, do a mission with only primery/secondery/melee equiped, get all the frames and the weapons in the game (primes include), do raids, do the sorties, max out every syndicate, there are countless of stuff to do, some to be rewarded and some just for the lolz. If you've done Draco before but if the usual squad of Trinity, Excalibur, Frost and whatever, try to do it with random frames.

The game is also updating almost every weak or two and new content is added, there are a lot of stuff to find.

Contact me back if you want more tips or if you have any more questions.

The game is a grind game and this is because it is a free to play game DE made everything you can have in game either buyable with plat or you can grind out the resources and parts to build the items. So besides alerts and reg missions you can always go do Void runs as well as level up in a syndicate to open there missions up to go forward and get the mods etc. 

The main thing is don't get in a hurry to "do everything", take time to enjoy and play as you wish. Another thing is to go to a low level planet (Mercury,Venus,Earth) and find some new players and help them run missions. 

I think if you look into doing Syndicate stuff you will find a lot you may have missed.