The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino prime recommended mods / build

dodorichard

Question

I am building a rhino prime right now and expect delivery in 48 hours. now the hard part is how to build him out, I have heard and read how NOT to rely on his number 2 too much so want to balance it out by maxing out his number 4.

I already have a normal rhino who i love because of his number 2 for protection and his number 4 to flatten the entire map. Don't use 3 much unless i am in a squad and almost never use 1. So....if I go for maxing out this new prime's 2 and 4, should i place more emphasis on 4 for AOE damage (reach and overextended) and keep number 2 high until I reach the higher enemies?

Most of the mods I have now are for energy and power with a little sprint, anyone have recommendations on builds / mods?

6 answers to this question

a build with medium- high Strength and Range (no overextended, unless it's low rank) works for me. the Strength will keep your Iron Skin tough and make stomp more powerful too. you can mod for Rhino stomp in many ways: a powerful, wide stomp for maximum damage, or a focus on Duration to keep enemies floating and thus have better CC. it mostly boils down to whether you want damage or CC from your stomp, though I would recommend CC if you plan on taking Rhino into Higher levels.

it's up to you, both methods work fairly well. and you do right to not depend on iron Skin. it scales better now, but it can still be shredded quickly by the toughest enemies. bearing in mind this is just my opinion, so it may or may not suit your playstyle. just glad to meet a fellow Rhino!

I love Rhino and Excal, for me they are more brute strength frames. I have a Loki and a Nyx but finding it hard to enjoy playing them, you need to play them "smarter" and not just bull rush everything in sight. If someone could tell me how to play Loki correctly I would love it, for now I will go with the heavies with a big &#! Hek and Tonkor for massive damage.

I myself uses this generalist build for my Rhino Prime : http://goo.gl/w1LFJD

It's pretty expensive mod wise, but it only needs 1 forma and 1 exilus, so at least you would probably only need to pay 20p ( you can try crafting the exilus, but it's cheaper if you just buy it ). The max efficiency means i can spam my Stomp quite often, and the decent strength means Iron Skin will have 4k health. Roar will be pretty nice as well, boosting all of your damage by 77.5% for 37.4 seconds.

Spoiler

c0atcXI.jpg

all rounder build, extremely expensive, but excellent AoE dmg and CC on #4, very good resistance with #2 (power strenght is my defensive mod), double damage for you and your squad on #3.

The efficiency is a bit low (enough for 2+3+4 with 150e) if you want to spam so a lower rank blind rage would do the trick.

At higher levels, tank ennemies on #2 cast during the invincibility period before starting to jump around again

Edited by vazerd68

You would build Rhino Prime the same way as you would build Rhino actually.  If you're a fairly new player, you wouldn't have easy access to corrupted mods and other specialize mods so I'd recommend you just use the normal mods, and then later go for more specialize builds when you can afford it.    

Since you want to focus on his stomp, I would use Intensity, Continuity (Primed Continuity later), and Stretch.  The Intensity will also be useful for your Iron Skin.  Stretch should cover enough range, and overextended might sacrifice your strength too much so I wouldn't bother with that at least for now.  Add a Constitution if you want even more duration.  Depending on what you want, you can also throw in one of those drift mods in your exilus slot.  All of Rhino's abilities can benefit from strength so no point of making it super low. Charge and Roar benefit from range and duration so you might as well keep those positive as well.

I like Streamline so you can spam your abilities. For a bit more survivability, throw in a Vitality (or Redirection or Steel Fiber).  I really hate how slow Rhino is so I had to use Rush and his Arcane Vanguard Helmet, but if you can tolerate his speed (thank goodness for movement 2.0 for mobility), use whatever you want (another survivability mod, flow, etc).  Check out his Syndicate mods later if you have the chance.  People like his Ironclad Charge and his Iron Shrapnel, but test them out yourself to see which one suits your build/play style.

This build is extremely vanilla, but it still can survive sorties and other high level missions.  I feel it's a good starting point, and as you get later into the game, you can adjust it to suits your play style and situation better.

Highly recommend using Iron Shrapnel for most builds, being able to basically reset/ restore Iron skin can help keep you alive instead of doing things like letting it get broken or jumping off ledges so it gets removed.