Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Ways to get PLATINIUM!!!!!

Identiht

When I first started Warframe I was so impressed by their business model.  Everything you need Plat for is so cheap.  Extra Warframe slot is only 20 plat!  12 plat for 2 weapons slots!.  Perfect for starter cash and even the most basic Prime part, rare key, or Fusion Core can be sold to attain these low costs.
I personally needed a new color scheme so I bought a Prime Access and a Steam Pack.  DE has done a great job with their plat for new players and I have no complaints, only high praise and approval.

Honestly, at your stage of the game, you really shouldn't need platinum for anything.

This game isn't pay to win, telling the DEVs to give free plat through daily rewards and crap is like telling them to burn their only way of getting money from players.

This game is only pay to look cool, or pay to get stuff faster.

This post is honestly a little sad, play the game some more until you actually have some grounds to say what you say.

I'm not trying to start anything, but you look like a total newbie who just joined the game and is mad that 50 plat isn't enough to buy some cape.

Trust me, it'll get easier later, I haven't spent any money on this game, and I have 17-18 frames, a whole crapload of weapons, and a huge amount of cosmetics.

You'll get there, for now, you shouldn't even be worrying about this stuff.

Well increasing the Drop rate for primes Won't help at all

More supply less Demand

The more common they are they will lose all their value. its called inflation

The reason Dev's Charge so much for plat is to fund the game and maintain their lively hood Seriously "Put yourself in their shoes"

They gotta put food on the table

41 minutes ago, gullywolf1115 said:

Honestly, at your stage of the game, you really shouldn't need platinum for anything.

This game isn't pay to win, telling the DEVs to give free plat through daily rewards and crap is like telling them to burn their only way of getting money from players.

This game is only pay to look cool, or pay to get stuff faster.

This post is honestly a little sad, play the game some more until you actually have some grounds to say what you say.

I'm not trying to start anything, but you look like a total newbie who just joined the game and is mad that 50 plat isn't enough to buy some cape.

Trust me, it'll get easier later, I haven't spent any money on this game, and I have 17-18 frames, a whole crapload of weapons, and a huge amount of cosmetics.

You'll get there, for now, you shouldn't even be worrying about this stuff.

You absolutely do need plat very early on in the game. Apparently you've forgotten what this game is like as a new player. It's called weapon and warframe slots. The game becomes unplayable or at least intolerable very quickly without getting more. 

While I don't think the devs need to give players any more free plat, they absolutely do need to make trade more accessible via some kind of tradepost UI as their game is unplayable without plat and the F2P players have no way to acquire plat outside of trade. You either have to purchase plat for money or trade for it. Period. There is no other way to play this game (unless you're content to have only 2 frames). You have to do one of those 2 things and you have to start doing one of those two things very very early on in the game. You can easily start building several frames and weapons within the first week of playing. While I have no problem paying for a game and actually prefer buy to play games because of the horrendous business models of F2P games, this is a F2P game and should therefor be playable for free. Indirectly, it isn't, because slots are a requirement for the game to function and can only be acquired via plat. Even if you never actually purchase plat, you have to acquire plat to acquire slots. Someone at some point is paying money for your slots. 

The abysmal rate at which you can acquire reactors and catalysts without plat also pushes people towards getting those with plat. Sure, you don't have to, but realistically the rate is so completely laughably pathetic that most people probably do (unless they only want to play a very small number of the frames). In two months time I've only gotten maybe 2 or 3 reactors. In that same time I acquired over 20 frames and a carrier prime. edit: Oh, and probably a couple dozen+ weapons at least vs. maybe 4 or 5 catalysts but I don't feel like logging in to count. 

Luckily I got a 75% discount within the first 2 weeks of playing, so I just bought some plat and bought a bunch of slots with it as I had zero desire to participate in trade. Many other new players don't get that random luck. They then either have to pay more for plat, feeling like they're getting ripped off, participate in trade, or just quit out of annoyance with the system (which has probably happened a great many times in this games history).

--------------

You see people in this thread going on about how easy it is to acquire the paid currency in this game compared to other F2P games, which may be true, but that's ignoring the fact that in many F2P games you don't actually need to acquire any of the paid currency to progress. That is NOT TRUE for warframe. In warframe plat is MANDATORY in order to accomplish anything beyond the very early game. If they would add a more accessible trade system they would likely increase their new player retention rates. If I hadn't gotten a 75% plat discount early on, I would have quit long before now. 

Edited by Borg1611

Just now, Borg1611 said:

You absolutely do need plat very early on in the game. Apparently you've forgotten what this game is like as a new player. It's called weapon and warframe slots. The game becomes unplayable or at least intolerable very quickly without getting more. 

While I don't think the devs need to give players any more free plat, they absolutely do need to make trade more accessible via some kind of tradepost UI as their game is unplayable without plat and the F2P players have no way to acquire plat outside of trade. You either have to purchase plat for money or trade for it. Period. There is no other way to play this game (unless you're content to have only 2 frames). You have to do one of those 2 things and you have to start doing one of those two things very very early on in the game. You can easily start building several frames and weapons within the first week of playing. While I have no problem paying for a game and actually prefer buy to play games because of the horrendous business models of F2P games, this is a F2P game and should therefor be playable for free. Indirectly, it isn't, because slots are a requirement for the game to function and can only be acquired via plat. Even if you never actually purchase plat, you have to acquire plat to acquire slots. Someone at some point is paying money for your slots. 

The abysmal rate at which you can acquire reactors and catalysts without plat also pushes people towards getting those with plat. Sure, you don't have to, but realistically the rate is so completely laughably pathetic that most people probably do (unless they only want to play a very small number of the frames). In two months time I've only gotten maybe 2 or 3 reactors. In that same time I acquired over 20 frames and a carrier prime. 

Luckily I got a 75% discount within the first 2 weeks of playing, so I just bought some plat and bought a bunch of slots with it as I had zero desire to participate in trade. Many other new players don't get that random luck. They then either have to pay more for plat, feeling like they're getting ripped off, participate in trade, or just quit out of annoyance with the system (which has probably happened a great many times in this games history).

--------------

You see people in this thread going on about how easy it is to acquire the paid currency in this game compared to other F2P games, which may be true, but that's ignoring the fact that in many F2P games you don't actually need to acquire any of the paid currency to progress. That is NOT TRUE for warframe. In warframe plat is MANDATORY in order to accomplish anything beyond the very early game. If they would add a more accessible trade system they would likely increase their new player retention rates. If I hadn't gotten a 75% plat discount early on, I would have quit long before now. 

Mandatory? No. You have an excal, that would be fine for any "endgame" mission. Plat isn't mandatory at all, it's mandatory if you want the game to go faster. If you are really desperate, selling a frame is also an option. (even though people never really do it) Not to mention that early on in the game getting a new frame is nearly impossible without help. There really should be no reason to worry about platinum at his stage. 

If you really think that the warframe slots and weapon slots are mandatory (which they aren't), then thats what the 50 platinum is for. 

"It's called warframe and weapon slots"

You probably forgot what it was like as a new player yourself, getting another Mk-1 weapon was hard enough because of the credit cost, leave alone a new warframe, with all the boss killing, the component collecting, the farming, the RNG of getting the parts of the frame you need, the credits you need to craft the whole frame, the damn orokin cell that was so rare.... So no, plat is not mandatory at all early on. 

If you really got that many frames and weapons early on in the game to actually need to buy more slots, then you probably just bought platinum and directly bought weapons/frames.

Plat isn't mandatory at all. It's only for convenience and looks. 

You really can't name a single thing in this game that is totally unobtainable without platinum (save cosmetics, exclusive deals, prime armor/cosmetics)

Since you're jumping to conclusions that I forgot about my early warframe days, I'll jump to conclusions and think of you as a lazy bum who just bought his way through the game.

If there is something in the game that is necessary but unobtainable without plat, I'll gladly hear it. If not, I'll simply advise you from using solid words such as "mandatory" in the future.

22 minutes ago, Borg1611 said:

-Snip-

I agree with you on this i think simaris Teshin or other syndicates/Other system Should have attainable Weapon and Warframe slots.

When i started i had Volt And Made Oberon while this was Ok for Early game i got extremely frustrated very quickly thankfully i was able to make some plat off of trade (Stood there for hours in chat) to sustain me getting a few new slots every now and again.

Then i bought Nova P Access... and Ever since i have been addicted to plat its not only the pretty cosmetics (i now have nearly every syandana in game buying more is pretty redundant but i can't help myself) i have More Weapons then i can count every warframe Potatoed and ready to go.

This would be possible without buying Platinum but it would be painstakingly boring. Early on i purchased a good deal of forma to get me started (now i have a stockpile of them)

Now Greater Lenses and Exilus adapters are a thing. and they are so inconvenient to make that i just buy them and save myself the hassle of grinding for them

The Current Drop rate for Potatoes is The worst offender they are so Necesarry to the game and progression that the Drop rate is unjust

I had a friend start the game Shortly after i did i struggled through many planets until i got proper equipment and mods

he started and Got the Anniversary Dex Dakra and Dex Furis Fully Potatoed he didn't have much trouble at all in early game

Edited by (PS4)Crimson_Judgment
Additions Fixes

5 minutes ago, gullywolf1115 said:

Mandatory? No. You have an excal, that would be fine for any "endgame" mission. Plat isn't mandatory at all, it's mandatory if you want the game to go faster. If you are really desperate, selling a frame is also an option. (even though people never really do it) Not to mention that early on in the game getting a new frame is nearly impossible without help. There really should be no reason to worry about platinum at his stage. 

If you really think that the warframe slots and weapon slots are mandatory (which they aren't), then thats what the 50 platinum is for. 

"It's called warframe and weapon slots"

You probably forgot what it was like as a new player yourself, getting another Mk-1 weapon was hard enough because of the credit cost, leave alone a new warframe, with all the boss killing, the component collecting, the farming, the RNG of getting the parts of the frame you need, the credits you need to craft the whole frame, the damn orokin cell that was so rare.... So no, plat is not mandatory at all early on. 

If you really got that many frames and weapons early on in the game to actually need to buy more slots, then you probably just bought platinum and directly bought weapons/frames.

Plat isn't mandatory at all. It's only for convenience and looks. 

You really can't name a single thing in this game that is totally unobtainable without platinum (save cosmetics, exclusive deals, prime armor/cosmetics)

Since you're jumping to conclusions that I forgot about my early warframe days, I'll jump to conclusions and think of you as a lazy bum who just bought his way through the game.

If there is something in the game that is necessary but unobtainable without plat, I'll gladly hear it. If not, I'll simply advise you from using solid words such as "mandatory" in the future.

As I said, if you're content to run around with a couple frames and a few weapons then it's not mandatory, otherwise it absolutely is.

And no, I have not forgotten what it's like to be a new player BECAUSE I AM A NEW PLAYER. I just started playing less than 2 months ago. I acquired over 20+ frames in that time. I have dozens of weapons. Don't tell me I didn't need plat early on, you're wrong, I did. 

Perhaps you played at a very slow pace and acquired very little over a long period of time, I don't know. Just because that may have been your experience does not mean that's how other players should be content to play. 

8 minutes ago, gullywolf1115 said:

I already did. It's called warframe and weapon slots. 

9 minutes ago, gullywolf1115 said:

Your misguided views are not my problem. Feel free to believe whatever you'd like to believe about me or anything else. I was just helping to enlighten you as to what the actual new player experience is like. The need for platinum early on is real for many/most new players.

I didn't "buy my way through the game," at least not anymore than you're required to do. It's ironic that you'd even try to go there considering I don't participate in trade and you apparently do since you claim to have spent no money on the game (and therefor have not directly supported the game at all, good for you?). You may not have bought anything yourself (which you apparently are viewing as a positive?), but you clearly acquired plat via trade then, which means someone somewhere bought some weapon and warframe slots and various other things off the market for you. Plat doesn't grow on trees. 

I bought slots with plat because, derp de derp, there's no other way to get slots. I did not buy resources. I did not buy any weapons or warframes. I didn't rush any foundry orders. My one friend who started playing with me (who has already mostly quit) and I created our own dojo and did our own research by ourselves to acquire certain frames and weapons. We 2 manned the farming of corrupted mods (/wrist). I did not acquire any of my mods or weapons via trade as I did not want to participate in trade (I'd ask you how many you acquired via trade, aka buying your way through the game, but I don't actually care because I don't care how other people play the game, it doesn't affect me). 

I bought reactors and catalysts for the frames and weapons I happen to like playing with since I didn't want to wait weeks at a time waiting for alerts for them. That's not really buying your way through the game since, guess what! there's no legitimate way to farm for them at all. You just have to wait for random alerts to be going on when you happen to be online or get ridiculously lucky with something like sortie RNG. I did buy some forma also, because I don't feel like waiting on the daily build timer of forma. I don't feel like that made me miss out on any important experiences, those things are intentionally severely time gated to push people into spending plat on them. 

I'll simply advise you to not talk about "buying your way through the game," as, even if you didn't buy your own plat, you're spending someone else's money on everything you've spent plat on. Welcome to the reality of warframe. I hope the reality that you indirectly "bought your way through the game" yourself doesn't crush your soul too badly.

Just now, Borg1611 said:

As I said, if you're content to run around with a couple frames and a few weapons then it's not mandatory, otherwise it absolutely is.

And no, I have not forgotten what it's like to be a new player BECAUSE I AM A NEW PLAYER. I just started playing less than 2 months ago. I acquired over 20+ frames in that time. I have dozens of weapons. Don't tell me I didn't need plat early on, you're wrong, I did. 

Perhaps you played at a very slow pace and acquired very little over a long period of time, I don't know. Just because that may have been your experience does not mean that's how other players should be content to play. 

I already did. It's called warframe and weapon slots. 

Your misguided views are not my problem. Feel free to believe whatever you'd like to believe about me or anything else. I was just helping to enlighten you as to what the actual new player experience is like. The need for platinum early on is real for many/most new players.

I didn't "buy my way through the game," at least not anymore than you're required to do. It's ironic that you'd even try to go there considering I don't participate in trade and you apparently do since you claim to have spent no money on the game (and therefor have not directly supported the game at all, good for you?). You may not have bought anything yourself (which you apparently are viewing as a positive?), but you clearly acquired plat via trade then, which means someone somewhere bought some weapon and warframe slots and various other things off the market for you. Plat doesn't grow on trees. 

I bought slots with plat because, derp de derp, there's no other way to get slots. I did not buy resources. I did not buy any weapons or warframes. I didn't rush any foundry orders. My one friend who started playing with me (who has already mostly quit) and I created our own dojo and did our own research by ourselves to acquire certain frames and weapons. We 2 manned the farming of corrupted mods (/wrist). I did not acquire any of my mods or weapons via trade as I did not want to participate in trade (I'd ask you how many you acquired via trade, aka buying your way through the game, but I don't actually care because I don't care how other people play the game, it doesn't affect me). 

I bought reactors and catalysts for the frames and weapons I happen to like playing with since I didn't want to wait weeks at a time waiting for alerts for them. That's not really buying your way through the game since, guess what! there's no legitimate way to farm for them at all. You just have to wait for random alerts to be going on when you happen to be online or get ridiculously lucky with something like sortie RNG. I did buy some forma also, because I don't feel like waiting on the daily build timer of forma. I don't feel like that made me miss out on any important experiences, those things are intentionally severely time gated to push people into spending plat on them. 

I'll simply advise you to not talk about "buying your way through the game," as, even if you didn't buy your own plat, you're spending someone else's money on everything you've spent plat on. Welcome to the reality of warframe. I hope the reality that you indirectly "bought your way through the game" yourself doesn't crush your soul too badly.

"It's called warframe and weapon slots." See, this is what I am trying to tell you, a simple dictionary definition. They aren't mandatory at all. 

If you buy currency, then use it to buy things that make you better in a game, its called buying your way through a game.

I haven't advanced at a slow pace, I simply A) Don't like using Draco to level every weapon up and B) Don't feel like I need any more than the 18 or so frames I have, so I simply don't try to get anymore.

"Just because that may have been your experience" .......... Well, just because you bought your way through the game doesn't mean that others should do it. I feel like you're telling me not to do all the things that you are doing yourself... which is called a hypocrite.

The actual new player experience is not just buying currency then paying through everything, it is getting to know new aspects of the game because at first, nothing is really explained in the tutorial. (syndicates, reactors, catalysts, forma, void, etc.)

"And therefore have not directly supported the game at all"................... This has nothing to do with the topic, bringing irrelevant points up just because you are mad that others don't buy currency is just stupid. I have supported the game in many ways, with recruitment and advertising the game to friends, which does in fact DIRECTLY support the game. 

I never said that platinum was not needed to buy slots, I said that early on, you probably won't have to worry about them because at first farming frames is a confusing experience. Acquiring mods and weapons through trade are not buying your way through anything at all. Perhaps at one point someone did buy platinum to trade and they spent money, that wasn't me. I didn't buy anything. Hence why it's called trading. It's not "buying" chat. 

Judging by how "fervent" and "knowledgable" you are about the game, you should probably know that Potato alerts happen more frequently than multiple weeks, and that they all last for 24 hours, which gives anyone more than enough time to do the alert. 

You claim that I'm spending someone else's money on everything that I've spent plat on. I didn't spend anyone else's money.

They did. 

Not me. If the plat ended up to me, well, then, hooray, I still didn't make them spend their money. They've already spent money, which is why the platinum is in the game. I'm not making them spend it again.

Hope you wake up, bud. The average player experience that you talk about is one where people buy platinum right after they start the game, then buy everything they need so that they are all set and ready to go. Get ready for reality to slap you across the face.

You have to realize that not everyone spends money on currency. You talk like it's a common thing to be an idiot and buy platinum when you just started the game.

It's really not a "common player experience", and many people simply don't need plat at early stages of the game. (Unless, of course, they can't wait a day for forma to be made, so they just buy it :)

All I was trying to do was console some player that he would be able to get plat easily later and that at his level plat should not be a big worry factor. 

Unless you're an impatient brat, you don't need extra platinum at MR3. The 50 should suffice.

You're not special, once you get the hang of the game, getting large amounts of weapons and frames is nothing much. Almost all of the frames I got were acquired in a short period, just like you. Just because you bought more stuff and leveled it up through Draco does not mean that you had fast development.

If my misguided views are not your problem, then next time go start a topic complaining about heretics who don't buy platinum to support Warframe, I don't want to deal with your crap about me not supporting and having fun with the game. That's not for you to decide.

Just now, Ellthan said:

You mean like valve? Wait they don't.

You must mean hirez then, wait, they don't either.

Huh, would you look at that.

But hey, I guess since some bad apples do it, then its ok for DE to do it.

I hope you're seriously joking when you fail to notice it.

They aren't milking players out of money...

Every game does this, have two forms of currency where one is the "real deal". 
This is really the only way that they will gain actual money from players, so you really can't blame them.

It's a choice, so DE isn't making us do anything. People simply buy platinum for convenience, and they don't want to have to go through annoying trade chat.

25 minutes ago, gullywolf1115 said:

I never said that platinum was not needed to buy slots, I said that early on, you probably won't have to worry about them because at first farming frames is a confusing experience

Or you can read and figure out how to acquire frames in a matter of minutes and not be confused. 

26 minutes ago, gullywolf1115 said:

Hope you wake up, bud. The average player experience that you talk about is one where people buy platinum right after they start the game, then buy everything they need so that they are all set and ready to go. Get ready for reality to slap you across the face.

You have to realize that not everyone spends money on currency. You talk like it's a common thing to be an idiot and buy platinum when you just started the game.

You are ignorant and wrong, get over yourself. Even if you don't buy platinum and want to do the trade thing, you can still buy new slots within the first couple of weeks. My choice not to do trade does not make me an idiot. I was fully aware I could sell things for plat. It was a personal choice not to. You see, people can play the game in different ways. Your way is not the only correct way to play. I don't like trade, I don't want to trade, I needed slots, so I chose to use my random 75% discount and that was fine with me. This is something you don't seem capable of comprehending, but hopefully in time you will come to grasp the fact that not everyone has to play the game by your narrow and limited rules. Hope you wake up, bud. 

26 minutes ago, gullywolf1115 said:

Unless you're an impatient brat, you don't need extra platinum at MR3. The 50 should suffice.

All you've done is come into this thread with your ignorant pompous elitist attitude, telling the OP he's a newbie and blah blah blah nobody needs platinum that early. You do nothing but insult people while simultaneously failing to make any useful points or contribute anything of value to the discussion. Then when you get it thrown back in your face, you act outraged, result to name calling and continue to fail to make a useful point.

You think everyone should just what? Play the game with 1-2 frames and a few weapons for how long? A month? 2? Please tell us when we have permission from you to need plat as according to you, we don't. When are we allowed to need it sir? Please sir, when can I have some more? 

The reality is probably when you wrote your original condescending asinine post, you apparently forgot about slots and then were embarrassed and tried to cover up your foolishness by trying to play it off as though new players couldn't possibly need slots right away! No.. oh no! they would never need those unless they are "buying there way through the game."

You are the only one who needs to wake up, seriously. As a popular streamer once said, the entire point of warframe currently is to acquire all the things in warframe. Guess what, bud, in order to do that, YOU NEED SLOTS. THEY COST PLATINUM. PLATINUM IS MANDATORY TO PROGRESS IN WARFRAME.

It's just so ironic and hilarious that you came into this thread saying:

2 hours ago, gullywolf1115 said:

I'm not trying to start anything

And did nothing but belittle the OP IN THE SAME POST WHERE YOU SAID THAT, said a bunch of rude BS to me, which I found laughable, while you contributed nothing of value to this thread at all. You had no useful points. You made no intelligent argument. You have no useful advice for new players. The only advice a new player needs in regards to you is to completely and totally ignore you as you have nothing useful to tell them. 

I'm sorry that you have a very misguided view about platinum and put yourself on a pedestal because you refuse to spend any money on this game and for some reason think that elevates you above all the dirty people who actually do. I couldn't care less whether or not you spend money on this game, be less defensive about it. Your entire ridiculous rant is just a super defensive bizarre nonsensical bunch of BS. 

You were the one who came into this thread super judgmental about the OP needing plat as you spewed your narrow misguided views (HOW DARE A NEW PLAYER NEED SLOTS! THEY SHOULD BE HAPPY WITH 50 PLAT FOR MUCH LONGER!!!!!!!!), then being super judgmental because I bought plat. Nobody cares. Get over it. Go continue being a trade pro getting that free plat. It seems to fill you with so much joy and happiness and clearly hasn't made you super bitter and defensive at all. 

Just now, Borg1611 said:

Or you can read and figure out how to acquire frames in a matter of minutes and not be confused. 

You are ignorant and wrong, get over yourself. Even if you don't buy platinum and want to do the trade thing, you can still buy new slots within the first couple of weeks. My choice not to do trade does not make me an idiot. I was fully aware I could sell things for plat. It was a personal choice not to. You see, people can play the game in different ways. Your way is not the only correct way to play. I don't like trade, I don't want to trade, I needed slots, so I chose to use my random 75% discount and that was fine with me. This is something you don't seem capable of comprehending, but hopefully in time you will come to grasp the fact that not everyone has to play the game by your narrow and limited rules. Hope you wake up, bud. 

All you've done is come into this thread with your ignorant pompous elitist attitude, telling the OP he's a newbie and blah blah blah nobody needs platinum that early. You do nothing but insult people while simultaneously failing to make any useful points or contribute anything of value to the discussion. Then when you get it thrown back in your face, you act outraged, result to name calling and continue to fail to make a useful point.

You think everyone should just what? Play the game with 1-2 frames and a few weapons for how long? A month? 2? Please tell us when we have permission from you to need plat as according to you, we don't. When are we allowed to need it sir? Please sir, when can I have some more? 

The reality is probably when you wrote your original condescending asinine post, you apparently forgot about slots and then were embarrassed and tried to cover up your foolishness by trying to play it off as though new players couldn't possibly need slots right away! No.. oh no! they would never need those unless they are "buying there way through the game."

You are the only one who needs to wake up, seriously. As a popular streamer once said, the entire point of warframe currently is to acquire all the things in warframe. Guess what, bud, in order to do that, YOU NEED SLOTS. THEY COST PLATINUM. PLATINUM IS MANDATORY TO PROGRESS IN WARFRAME.

It's just so ironic and hilarious that you came into this thread saying:

And did nothing but belittle the OP IN THE SAME POST WHERE YOU SAID THAT, said a bunch of rude BS to me, which I found laughable, while you contributed nothing of value to this thread at all. You had no useful points. You made no intelligent argument. You have no useful advice for new players. The only advice a new player needs in regards to you is to completely and totally ignore you as you have nothing useful to tell them. 

I'm sorry that you have a very misguided view about platinum and put yourself on a pedestal because you refuse to spend any money on this game and for some reason think that elevates you above all the dirty people who actually do. I couldn't care less whether or not you spend money on this game, be less defensive about it. Your entire ridiculous rant is just a super defensive bizarre nonsensical bunch of BS. 

You were the one who came into this thread super judgmental about the OP needing plat as you spewed your narrow misguided views (HOW DARE A NEW PLAYER NEED SLOTS! THEY SHOULD BE HAPPY WITH 50 PLAT FOR MUCH LONGER!!!!!!!!), then being super judgmental because I bought plat. Nobody cares. Get over it. Go continue being a trade pro getting that free plat. It seems to fill you with so much joy and happiness and clearly hasn't made you super bitter and defensive at all. 

Never said anything about your choice not to trade, I don't even know why you started ranting about that. I never had any "narrow or limited" rules, I was simply stating that many players do not buy their way through the game. 

Elitist and Pompous attitude? Are you joking? Who's the one that's trying to decide the "right way" for everyone to play? Who's the one randomly dissing other people's opinions when they weren't even trying to talk to you? I simply told the guy that he could worry about plat later. 

You tell me that I fail to make any useful points, when in fact, calling you an idiot is a useful point, because of its validity. A useLESS point you have continuously tried to make is that all players should buy platinum, which is obviously not true. I never got outraged, I got amused that people try to start fights by arguing something so obviously wrong.

I never said that players SHOULD play the game with 1-2 frames with a limited amount of weapons. I said it wasn't MANDATORY, another true point. Which for some reason you are putting up a hopeless argument against. I totally agree that you should buy more slots, I just said that if you really didn't want to, you didn't have to.

I never tried to force anyone to "need plat" at a certain time, I just said that it should be good getting down the basics before trying to buy other things that are required by plat.

You are right, but I don't think that the Popular Streamer told people to acquire everything by buying through everything, which requires no effort.

You keep screaming at me about not contributing anything. Well, yeah, I kinda did. That's when you couldn't keep your temper and decided to start yelling at me about having to buy platinum with real money and how that was the right way. 

Platinum isn't mandatory at all. It's a valuable resource, and it's incredibly useful, but in the end, it is not mandatory. Maybe searching up the definition of mandatory would help. You seem to have a misguided view of what it means.

I think the rude BS is when you butt in, trying to yell at someone that wasn't even talking to you. You especially haven't "contributed anything" except a bunch of preaching about how buying platinum is the "right way".

Of course, I don't have any useful advice for new players like you, who somehow know everything because they bought their way through the game. I do have advice for people who are willing to put in some effort for things. Warframe needs people who know how the game works, and not people who flaunt their self importance because they spent money on the game.

I never refused to spend money. I refuse to buy my way through everything without experiencing. Since I am finished with the basics, I can buy plat all I want, thats none of your concern, just like it was none of your concern to start screaming at how I was mean to the player.

I was never super judgmental about anything. I said "Trust me, you'll get there, for now, I wouldn't worry about this stuff." 
This isn't judgmental in any way, shape, or form. This was at first, pushing to let him know that he should experience the game more, and then second, encouraging him that he was going to get all the fancy stuff and blah blah blah.

I've been calm about everything so far, but you really look like you popped a blood vessel in that last reply. XD

How dare a new player need slots? Don't make me laugh, stop twisting my words.

I said, that I simply thought it was a bit early.

If he still wants to worry about platinum, he can go ahead. I just gave some input and was planning not to look back, until a pouty kid decided to start yelling at me.

You keep claiming that I ranted. 

Look at all of your replies. 

Those are actually rants. Not the words of someone who tried to state an opinion and got screamed at for it.

It's obvious that you are just defensive and insecure about your ability because you don't have any.

Typical for someone who bought his way through every necessary stage of the game.

You've ruined the thread, if you had the maturity to shut up the first time, everybody would have passed over my comment. And somehow you have the nerve to claim that No, I was the one who ruined the thread. XD

You keep claiming about my bitterness and ranting, when the only emotion I expressed was pity because I feel sorry for people who obviously feel like society hates them. 

Misguided view of platinum... look at yourself. You sound ridiculous. You sound like you're trying to preach. I don't really care, honestly. This wasn't even what the topic was about, but due to your rants, we've gone somewhere completely different.

If you're going to scream at everyone who expresses an opinion, then you've got a lot of screaming to do.

You're the first person ever to get ignored by me. First time I've seen such a defensive, sad person who tries to be a Platinum Free Rights Advocate. XD

I simply said, you really don't need platinum. Should you get it? Yes. If you can't, it's not a huge problem, it'll take some time, but you can pull through.

And I got screamed at.  

XD

Don't bother replying. Your crap won't show up on my feed anymore. That's what happens when you get ignored/blocked. 

Just teaching you a few extra tips. You probably don't have the basics down yet.

Just now, gullywolf1115 said:

Never said anything about your choice not to trade, I don't even know why you started ranting about that. I never had any "narrow or limited" rules, I was simply stating that many players do not buy their way through the game. 

1 hour ago, gullywolf1115 said:

If you buy currency, then use it to buy things that make you better in a game, its called buying your way through a game.

Well, just because you bought your way through the game doesn't mean that others should do it. I feel like you're telling me not to do all the things that you are doing yourself... which is called a hypocrite.

3 minutes ago, gullywolf1115 said:

Elitist and Pompous attitude? Are you joking? Who's the one that's trying to decide the "right way" for everyone to play?

SERIOUSLY?! That's you buddy. I specifically stated in my earlier posts that people had the option between the two things. You are the one jumping into this thread, dismissing the original poster as a newbie and telling him he doesn't need platinum. YOU ARE TELLING HIM WHAT HE DOES OR DOES NOT NEED. Not me. I tried to open your eyes so you could understand that people do in fact need platinum early on, because whether you want to admit it or not, slots are important and we do need them early on.

4 minutes ago, gullywolf1115 said:

I never said that players SHOULD play the game with 1-2 frames with a limited amount of weapons. I said it wasn't MANDATORY, another true point. Which for some reason you are putting up a hopeless argument against. I totally agree that you should buy more slots, I just said that if you really didn't want to, you didn't have to.

No cupcake, you tried to tell people that you don't need slots early on that 50 plat was enough. You were wrong, you won't admit it, doesn't matter, you still were. 

5 minutes ago, gullywolf1115 said:

Platinum isn't mandatory at all. It's a valuable resource, and it's incredibly useful, but in the end, it is not mandatory. Maybe searching up the definition of mandatory would help. You seem to have a misguided view of what it means.

No cupcake, I know what it means. As I said, if you want to have more than a few frames and weapons, platinum is mandatory. You know this, I know this. /yawn

6 minutes ago, gullywolf1115 said:

Typical for someone who bought his way through every necessary stage of the game.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suite, is it?

I guess I'll just re-quote myself to try to help you yet again:

2 hours ago, Borg1611 said:

8 minutes ago, gullywolf1115 said:

You're the first person ever to get ignored by me. First time I've seen such a defensive, sad person who tries to be a Platinum Free Rights Advocate. XD

You made a long post then ignored me instead of just ignoring me, you just can't help but try to be right even when you know you're wrong. Will amuse me when you can't help but check back and see how I wasn't fooled by your sad inability to acknowledge the simple fact that slots are important and platinum becomes mandatory once you reach the point of needing slots, however long into the game that may be. 

Judging by how "fervent" and "knowledgable" you are about the game, you should probably know that Potato alerts happen more frequently than multiple weeks, and that they all last for 24 hours, which gives anyone more than enough time to do the alert. 

I missed this lovely gem before. Too bad he has me on ignore and will never realize that potato alerts are not 24 hour alerts except when they do them after a dev stream... Oh well. He's such a pro I'm sure he'll figure it out someday... 

Just now, Ellthan said:

It's not a choice.

You are forced to buy weapons, warframe slots and potatoes to advance in the game.

If it weren't for those 3 things warframe would be the jesus of f2p.

Hardly. There's no need to buy Reactors/Catalysts.

You can progress perfectly well with the slots given by default.

I'll skip reading an entire page as i know that what we all think is the same. 

If you want Platinum, buy or earn it. I don't want to sound harsh but, whining because you don't want to go through all the grinding is useless. If you don't want to play the game the way it's meant to be played (Even though they gift tons of stuff for free like the Platinum Giveaways every Stream), then shame on you. 

Nothing in this world is Free (Unless you find a Humble Community Member -one of them being me- that gifts tons of stuff to new players. Sadly, i can't at this moment.)

Take a break, get some hours on the game, buy new stuff with credits and farm like we all did one time. It's not that hard, only lazy people usually find this very dumb.

Just now, Ellthan said:

tf2, csgo, dota, smite.

Two of those called "words" are acronyms. (Team Fortress 2 & Counter-Strike: Global Offensive) while Dota and Smite are Names :clem: 

In another note, the game is meant to be a Farming based game, you can earn Platinum by joining a Clan or going to the Recruiting Chat Channel and asking to be taken to a Void Mission so you can start Farming stuff and then sell it on your Clan Dojo / Maroo's Bazaar with other players. 

6 minutes ago, Ellthan said:

So, the way the game is meant to be played is you cannot advance unless you pay premium currency?

Please don't put words on my mouth that i never said. You can progress on the game regardless of your Platinum Amount, don't be naive. I started playing Warframe, didn't have a single Platinum after spending it on buying slots and today i have almost half of the Primed Warframes and tons of weapons / sentinels and i never had nobody help me get anything except the heat swords or something like that. 

If that's not progression, then you might be thinking of another thing.

2 minutes ago, Ellthan said:

Yes, I'm perfectly fine with farming for materials.

What I'm not fine, is needed a premium currency to advance through the game.

And if you think the game is just fine without the slots, I dare you to play 1 month using only 2 warframes and 5 weapons.

If you still think the current system is fine after that I give in.

And before you say anything yes,  I have advanced in the game, I have all bar 2 prime warframe, most prime weapons, most frames and most weapons and nealy all of them potatoed with no money spent on any of them, all the money I have spent is on cosmetics to support the game, but because its possible technically that does not excuse it as being aok.

I understand your point as much as i disagree with the rest of it. But have in mind that what you're asking is to get everything served on a silver plate. 

You're supposed to farm, don't expect things to take less than a few months, i played for 1 month and a half with Valkyr and i enjoyed every single day i played. Why? Because i understood that the game objective is to Farm stuff to Progress on the Game. The only problem you find is that you expect everything to be given to you in a short amount of time, which takes the fun out of the game. 

If you would be able to get Platinum easier than what the current system allows, then you would have a Useless currency on your game, meaning you should not have something like that because at the end of the day, it's worthless. Now, with Valkyr and any weapon, you can easily start on Warframe and win Platinum within 1 or 2 months easily, farm for her mods and then you have Godmode Warframe for the rest of your Journey. 

I'll tell you how i started:

I got introduced to Warframe long time ago when the Navigation Map was still the one with lines and only tiny dots. After a few months of me coming back to Warframe, a friend told me "You should get Valkyr to play Warframe for a month and a half, she's the God mode Character on Warframe and it's the best choice for New Players" i went to the Recruiting Channel and asked for Taxi to finish the mission a few times, finished the mission with a squad and managed to get Valkyr on my Arsenal, then i waited for her to finish building up and still today it's the warframe that has more hours of use on my Arsenal. I had only one of the Wraith Guns which i then upgraded to a Boltor Prime and didn't have to play with more than 2 Weapons, if i wouldn't have got the Wraith gun first i would of have played with the Boltor. 

Now tell me, how many things i used to progress on Warframe? Only two weapons and two Warframes (Counting Excalibur that was my chosen Starter Warframe). I really get your point, but you don't need that many stuff to progress on your Character.

You can play this game without spending a dime on it, or buying new slots. But I guess it depends on what type of player you are, and whether or not your playstayle can fit into that incrediblty restrictive mold. And that is an incredibly resitrictive mold.

I started a month ago, and within the first 2 weeks I had Rhino, Valkyr, Lex, Aklex, Grakata, Heat Sword, Dual Ethers, maybe 3 or 4 other weapons. Blueprint alerts for melee are easy to come by, as are credits. I burned through that initial 50 platinum real quick. I bought the Rush Pack on Steam which gave me 500 platinum, partly because I wanted to support the game and partly because it gave me room to play the game how I wanted to play it. I wasn't really into the idea of trading and farming t1 for low level prime parts to sell for 1 or 2 plat a piece, or eeking my way through Nightmare missions being carried by the rest of the team, and selling off the weapons I collected to make room for more. I could have done these things, but it would mean me playing the game with heavy restrictions, doing things I really didn't want to be doing. Sitting in trade chat is not my idea of fun, nor is selling off my collection of cool guns. Other people are okay with that, and thats fine. I'm not though.

The game is simply designed to be played by spending platinum. And thats all there is to it. Its possible not to do that, but thats just not how the game was designed to be played. All the mechanics in Warframe funnel you into platinum usage. The market, the foundry, the mods, the frames, the weapons, the prime parts, the cosmetics etc etc.

If you want the most out of your Warframe experience, you're really going to have to get involved in the currency. And thats going to happen VERY early on, and its going to happen because its simply a part of the design. Its the very foundation of the game and its an inescapable fact.

Edited by asop73

6 hours ago, Ellthan said:

No. I am not asking for everything on a silver plater.

I'm not asking for free primes.

I'm not asking for free weapons.

I'm not asking for free items.

I'm not asking for free classes.

I'm asking to be able to store the items that I craft with my time and resources without paying extra.

I am insulted that you boil my entire point to entitlement and lazyness when I'm asking for the simple decency to be able to play the game without paying platinum everytime I get a new item.

I apologize if you felt insulted, but what you pointed out is being lazy if we talk about a F2P. You won't get an easy way out to get Slots, it's free to play, you must sacrifice a bit of your time to buy stuff. 

Also, you said "I'm asking for the simple decency to be able to play the game without paying Platinum" which you're able to do. If you want to unlock more stuff, keep playing the game.

Edited by SpaceJinja
Added the word "Lazy"

42 minutes ago, Ellthan said:

There are free to play games that make money without forcing players to pay for proggression. So, no, warframe does not need to charge extra for that.

And you cannot unlock platinum by playing the game.

If I play a moba, I play normaly get credits and buy a new class.

If I play team fortress, just by playing I get new weapons.

If I play dota I get everything from the start.

No mater how much I play warframe, I will not get platinum without trading it from someone else.

You do not need too in this game. you can have 3/4 of the guns/frames w/o paying a cent. you can progess w/o paying a cent. you know?

It's free 2 play. you are able to do so.

i did not pay a cack yet i have all frames and almost primes. Ofc i traded. 

But you can play every frames w/o paying a $ or trading. you just don't know how to do it yet.

And about getting platinum w/o trading? you are free to buy it from website. This is not Dota (you can LUCKILY get a good drop, but it will take age to get real money from it) or in LoL ( you play get IP then buy champion. you paid your time mate.) You are not forced to pay to progress in this game.

it's just plat/$/RP make your way easier. Just like in every F2P games.

No mater how much you play LoL/Dota, I will not get RP/$ without trading it from someone else.

Edited by Specific.Zod

58 minutes ago, Ellthan said:

There are free to play games that make money without forcing players to pay for proggression. So, no, warframe does not need to charge extra for that.

And you cannot unlock platinum by playing the game.

If I play a moba, I play normaly get credits and buy a new class.

If I play team fortress, just by playing I get new weapons.

If I play dota I get everything from the start.

No mater how much I play warframe, I will not get platinum without trading it from someone else.

That's what i wanted to hear, you said "There are free to play games". 

Warframe isn't one of those games, therefore the examples are irrelevant to this discussion we are having, aren't they? 

This is another type of game, where you're required to play the game for a long period of time to progress. You can progress regardless of Platinum, you don't need to progress through 3 months to obtain the minimum amount of Platinum, you just need to get a Warframe and a gun. 

Managed to use only 4 elements of this game that didn't bother me at all to be using for 1 month and a half, those being: Valkyr, Exacalibur, Latron Wraith and Boltor Prime. 

I wasn't either bothered by the lack of spaces, if i wanted spaces then i would put effort on farming the pieces that i needed and i would sell them to other players. Nothing is for free @Ellthan.

I even remember, within the first few weeks and getting to Rank 3 (I'm 99% positive) i got my Boltor Prime after Farming Platinum.