The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rank 10>11 MT

Sonos

Question

So I was running in the practice room for my R11 test and on maybe the 5th (or 6th) target I absolutely could not make the jump to the platform above the one you are standing on.  I tried maybe 10 or so times.  Backing up to gather speed, jumping early, jumping late, jumping at an angle, still,  you name it.  

Does anyone know if it is bugged with the new graphics/layout or am I missing a trick?  Maybe it's the wall to the left?

ss included:

MT Rank 11

~thanks

Edited by Sonos

14 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

As I recall, you're supposed to jump to the wall on the right, run up it, then bullet jump off to reach the platform.

I thought that was a wall to the right but there is actually nothing there.  I just tried it again.

Edited by Sonos

1 hour ago, Pizzasnoppen said:

Did you test holding the CTRL+spacebar? Maybe that is not the way you should go otherwise. You could search on youtube aswell, as i think you'll find the explantion there. If you want further help, PM me ingame. IGN: Pizzasnoppen

Youtube is just cheating with Loki vids or using the old map without "graphical enhancements", etc.  Too old from what I've found.

21 minutes ago, Sonos said:

Youtube is just cheating with Loki vids or using the old map without "graphical enhancements", etc.  Too old from what I've found.

Ah, i see. Maybe you need to bullet jump between those two walls, if you know what "bullet jump" means. Basically, just jump from one wall to the other until you're all the way up.

51 minutes ago, Ahiruki said:

Failed at the same part 3 times now. Tried some practice runs. That platform is just way too high up.

It's like I said, from where you're standing in that picture, bullet jump upwards—almost straight up. At the highest point of your jump, aimglide. You'll float forwards towards the platform. When you get close, jump again.

15 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

It's like I said, from where you're standing in that picture, bullet jump upwards—almost straight up. At the highest point of your jump, aimglide. You'll float forwards towards the platform. When you get close, jump again.

Thing is, if you arent a bullet jump expert you really have no time at all to set up.  I think this challenge could have done with a few extra seconds.  Watching the older video it is so much harder than the last one (not cheating) it really doesnt make much sense.

Literally just ran through the test once again. Do realize it's a parkour test, and that you should try using bullet jump, double jump, and aim glide to proceed as quickly as possible. Hip fire with a hitscan gun will easily net you the time orbs, and you should have no real issue. Also, be aware that you can practice tests in relays.