Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave is still bad - Ideas to improve conclave.

Mrniko95

Well... the second video is misleading. Sure, it is a masterful show of proper full loadout combat, but "using melee properly" ? not by a long shot (pun). The video shows: scythe aerial attack, glaive throw and aerial attack, scythe quick slam, jat kittag aerial and slam, eh.. at one point he equips his scythe ready to unleash... a channeled aerial attack. That's like making a video using a Gorgon 100% of the time and claiming it's "proper use of guns" completely ignoring bows, snipers, shotguns etcetera.

Edited by Nazrethim

On 16/03/2016 at 4:30 PM, Nazrethim said:
9 hours ago, Azarakidragon said:

@ Movement: If you're *actually* a good player, it's not random:

@Melee being bad: NOTE: 1:24 and especially 4:18

nothing I haven't known before...none of these help when lag is unreal

39 minutes ago, Lordricker said:

Why would what I said be contradictory?

Have you tried switching regions? 

-Lag depends on the host and your connection to them
-Lag isnt always a terrible problem unless you have bad internet.

So if the lag depends on host then other sentence doesn't have sense....My connection may be bad for connecting to the host, but if host is bad everything for everyone is bad. Its bigger chance that host has bad connection rather than me changing countries and my ping.

"Have you tried switching regions? "  what will that help? Im from Europe, my region is Europe...if I change region to America will it change anything? Serious question
I have pretty fast internet, at work I even have optical fiber, the lag in Conclave is ALWAYS bad...just today I had a match that had 10 sec lag...10 sec, the game was finished while timer was still counting.
In another match I had ORO drop follow me for a minute before even picking it up, if I stood still it would fly around me.

This is no state for PvP and nor should I depend on luck of the host connection...

PS. I don't mind playing PvP in this state, I would like if it was better, but my main problem is getting those conclave points so slowly.

If you have bad internet (you said you dont so its hypothetical) then your game will lag = your connection to host

If the host has bad internet your game will lag. = depending on host

if you have bad internet then your game lags whether or not the hosts connection is bad.

not sure where the contradiction is?

I really dont know why you have such trouble with lag, i dont have speeds even near fiber and if i find a decent host then lag isnt too bad. Maybe your just super unlucky with hosts, but if you have good internet you can host matches

4 minutes ago, Lordricker said:

If you have bad internet (you said you dont so its hypothetical) then your game will lag = your connection to host

If the host has bad internet your game will lag. = depending on host

if you have bad internet then your game lags whether or not the hosts connection is bad.

not sure where the contradiction is?

I really dont know why you have such trouble with lag, i dont have speeds even near fiber and if i find a decent host then lag isnt too bad. Maybe your just super unlucky with hosts, but if you have good internet you can host matches

sorry maybe I expressed myself wrong...this part "lag isnt always bad" is what I find wrong, the "always" part.
I had more bad lag games than good ones, especially if I take into account those who are good hosts but suddenly start being bad hosts and lag after they start loosing.

Yes, the lack of dedicated servers is one of the biggest, longest-standing issues facing Conclave. However, if I'm completely honest, the MAJORITY of the games I play are fine. Let's not blow things out of proportion and say that you may as well forego properly learning movement because it's useless with the improper server infrastructure. If you've yet to play a decent game, then it's honestly your own connection. I only get a game that's so laggy to the point that proper movement doesn't matter maybe once per day.

Also, are we really, seriously going with the lag-switch excuse? Is this actually a thing that I'm seeing here, now, in this thread?

Edited by Azarakidragon

5 minutes ago, VRHmason said:

sorry maybe I expressed myself wrong...this part "lag isnt always bad" is what I find wrong, the "always" part.
I had more bad lag games than good ones, especially if I take into account those who are good hosts but suddenly start being bad hosts and lag after they start loosing.

The reason i put always in there is because if you have bad internet you will always have lag.

This is the first post you have made that mentions you having good matches, all the posts ive seen you make have said something about the terrible lag. 

I do know that some matches might go on with 3-4 players then later in the match more people join causing more lag. I kinda doubt people are purposely throttling their internet when they start loosing, this game really isnt that competitive.

Im in azaraki's boat with the amount of matches that have unplayable lag.

Edited by Lordricker

2 hours ago, Lordricker said:

The reason i put always in there is because if you have bad internet you will always have lag.

This is the first post you have made that mentions you having good matches, all the posts ive seen you make have said something about the terrible lag. 

I do know that some matches might go on with 3-4 players then later in the match more people join causing more lag. I kinda doubt people are purposely throttling their internet when they start loosing, this game really isnt that competitive.

Im in azaraki's boat with the amount of matches that have unplayable lag.

Of course I had good matches, otherwise I would thought something is wrong with my connection. Those good matches are really rare.
My biggest problems are that I always find a laggy match or can't find a match at all. Now I don't know if changing region would fix anything, do I somehow end up in wrong region or I just play in wrong time of the day but one thing is sure is that I would love more stable PvP.

I don't mind losing or plain out getting owned, heck I even laugh at myself when I get owned, but when the lag is obvious its hard to laugh.