The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how do you cope with RNG?

(PSN)skullblits69

Question

Either I go at it from time to time like 10 min breaks between 5 runs to do real life stuff, use self motivation to use unnecessary parts for trade or ducats, farm synthesis or syndicate or arcane[raid] or sortie, help people, watch youtube, blast music while farming for part, hope to find rare container, eventually I go play a different type of game with no RNG in it, use different weapons or frames 

Buying keys is foolish in the same way that buying lottery tickets is foolish.  Someone will wins millions but it won't be you.  If you want to use plat to offset RNG, which is perfectly reasonable in my book, then just buy the part you need.

But how do I deal with RNG?

1. Accept that its a b*tch and don't run the same mission over and over and over.  Take a couple of shots per day and then just go do something else.  You get stuff eventually and there is nothing in the game that you need NOW.

2. Have friends and help each other out.  If I have something my buddies need I give it to them and they do the same for me. 

3. Use plat is smart ways, sometimes it is the best option to just buy it.

If you can't find the key you need, just see if you can join a friendly squad of tenno looking to run that key. And coping with RNG?

*rocks in corner, muttering, "RNGesus loves me so, for The Lotus tells me so"*

You don't cope with it, you just keep your hope high about the next run

I usually try to not overly focus on one thing, but do missions, that are good for several things. Like sortie missions, that have a couple of rewards, I still need or certain endless void missions. Also, it helps playing the missions, you LIKE to play, even if they have a slightly lower chance to drop the stuff, you are farming :)

On 3/8/2016 at 2:12 AM, motorfirebox said:

Whiskey, mainly. Sometimes rum.

Also, booze. Definitely, booze.