The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I need some help testing something(Bug?).

AnOldAlias

Question

This MAY be the wrong place but..
I need some others to help me with this, because its been bugging the shiz out of me, since I've been noticing it for a few hours.

In a T4 Exterminate I was using Inaros. I was using a Dark Dagger with Covert Lethality in combo with his #1 ability, you know, for finishers.
But I did a jump attack and it killed a bombard.
Then I did a slide attack on one and it pretty much took all of the Bombards health away.
I then proceeded to attempt at regular attacks with his #1(which was hard but I managed a few times), and I noticed his attacks were doing a TON more damage.

I then went to the Simulacrum and tested this out further.
Dark Dagger + Covert + #1 ability of Inaros.

Gunner 75 LVL(20 of them) Regular = Non #1 ability resulted in low damage and even jump attacks were sucking.
I put #1 on them and I jumped attacked and slid(and attempted at quick melee) and it seemed to be doing a LOT more damage, randomly-ish, I might add.
AND CONSTANTLY CRITTING. CONSTANTLY.

I also tested this out with Chargers to. 20 of them, and all 75+. Non#1 did the same as with Gunners. With #1, did a lot more damage it seemed, and critted CONSTANTLY(as well with Bombards and Gunners). I one shot a level 75+ charger just by slide attacking!

I tried it out with War as well, and it seemed to not be doing what Dark Dagger is doing, which is confusing as all heck to me.
That and Dark Daggers pretty much CONSTANT crits while #1 of Inaros is up, to.

Can anyone else test this out as well? Cause this seems consistent yet not consistent at the same time. Its really interesting to me.

Not even sure why its Dark Dagger specifically either. Could be Covert Lethality doing it but, not really sure. Says it only works on Finishers, though.

6 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Nelizar said:

This MAY be the wrong place but..
I need some others to help me with this, because its been bugging the shiz out of me, since I've been noticing it for a few hours.

In a T4 Exterminate I was using Inaros. I was using a Dark Dagger with Covert Lethality in combo with his #1 ability, you know, for finishers.
But I did a jump attack and it killed a bombard.
Then I did a slide attack on one and it pretty much took all of the Bombards health away.
I then proceeded to attempt at regular attacks with his #1(which was hard but I managed a few times), and I noticed his attacks were doing a TON more damage.

I then went to the Simulacrum and tested this out further.
Dark Dagger + Covert + #1 ability of Inaros.

Gunner 75 LVL(20 of them) Regular = Non #1 ability resulted in low damage and even jump attacks were sucking.
I put #1 on them and I jumped attacked and slid(and attempted at quick melee) and it seemed to be doing a LOT more damage, randomly-ish, I might add.
AND CONSTANTLY CRITTING. CONSTANTLY.

I also tested this out with Chargers to. 20 of them, and all 75+. Non#1 did the same as with Gunners. With #1, did a lot more damage it seemed, and critted CONSTANTLY(as well with Bombards and Gunners). I one shot a level 75+ charger just by slide attacking!

I tried it out with War as well, and it seemed to not be doing what Dark Dagger is doing, which is confusing as all heck to me.
That and Dark Daggers pretty much CONSTANT crits while #1 of Inaros is up, to.

Can anyone else test this out as well? Cause this seems consistent yet not consistent at the same time. Its really interesting to me.

Not even sure why its Dark Dagger specifically either. Could be Covert Lethality doing it but, not really sure. Says it only works on Finishers, though.

Dear Nelizar. The thing you are experiencing is stealth multiplier damage. Since your 1 is blinding enemies and also making them open to finishers, they are still blinded. And when blinded they are unalerted. Just like you being invisible theoretically. So they take enhanced melee damage, called Stealth Damage Multiplier. It is 8.0x. So you deal 8x as much damage as normal. The yellow numbers you see is an indicator of you dealing stealth damage, they're not exactly crits.

Same goes to sleeping enemies when you rest them with equinox. Or ivaras sleep arrow. No bugs here.

If I'm not wrong, since Inaros' 1 opens enemies to finishers, it might be the same case that is happening here with the old eb + covert bug.

EDIT: For those who didn't know, EB was nerfed due to covert lethality working on his bladewaves without actually needing a finisher. 

Edited by Sormatte

It could also be to do with the armour type and elemental damage of the dark dagger (as bombards are alloy armoured and weak to radiation).  The crits you noticed when you cast his 1st were most likely finisher damage numbers, also (and seeing as covert increases finisher damage, that's probably where the damage comes from). 

On 08/03/2016 at 11:51 AM, IceColdHawk said:

So they take enhanced melee damage, called Stealth Damage Multiplier. It is 8.0x. So you deal 8x as much damage as normal.

I believe stealth multiplier is 4x, unless they buffed it.

1 minute ago, damnfish20 said:

I believe stealth multiplier is 4x, unless they buffed it.

According to wiki it's 8x. And according to the numbahz in game i believe it's rather 8x than 4x. But i believe they buffed it cuz it used to be 4x once...

Fact is, it's doing tons of damage. That's all what counts!