The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Weapon For Long Survival Missions

Thecoolagent

Question

As the title says am i looking fot the "best" primary weapon for long survival mission and void missions. Im using a random shotgun at the moment to get my Mastery rank up. Im also using the Skana as a melee but im crafting the Dual Ethers atm, aiming to get the Prisma Skana in the future.

Im relatively new to the game and do not have access to all of the top tier weapons yet, but tips how to get them easier would be helpful aswell.

6 answers to this question

As Taiiat said above, you won't have to worry about those for a while. However, T1 Survival I can see you doing sooner. I'd say maybe Soma(Prime) if you can get it soon, Tigris(Depends on mods you have), however Sybaris is a low-MR ranked wep you could get soon. Again like Taiiat said, getting mods and learning the various damage types is something to do in the meantime. Don't quote me on the weapons, though- I was using a Soma by the time I was doing Void.

Modding is more important than the weapon.
A well-modded Braton can do more damage than a poorly-modded Boltor Prime.

EDIT: Though I should toss out some advice.  Don't go for pure-DPS builds without accounting for ammo economy.  Something like the Secura Dual Cestra can do like 40K DPS, but it only lasts like 10 seconds before you're out of ammo for example.  A lot of people get so involved with getting higher numbers on warframe-builder that they ignore things like usability, reload times, and how long the ammo lasts.

Pick a weapon that has decent ammo economy to begin with, or use corrupt mods that slow down the fire rate or something if it's a trigger control issue (like insane-firerate weapons).

Edited by Rydian

36 minutes ago, Thecoolagent said:

As the title says am i looking fot the "best" primary weapon for long survival mission and void missions. Im using a random shotgun at the moment to get my Mastery rank up. Im also using the Skana as a melee but im crafting the Dual Ethers atm, aiming to get the Prisma Skana in the future.

Im relatively new to the game and do not have access to all of the top tier weapons yet, but tips how to get them easier would be helpful aswell.

it depends on the faction you're facing; either way you'll have to work out your modding and know what works against every faction

Grineer: Radiation, Viral, and Corrosive do great, Puncture is the main damage to use
Corpus: Magnetic, Electric, Toxin, Impact is usually the go to damage to use
Infested: Corrosive, Heat, Slash and Puncture do well
Corrupted: Corrosive, Cold, Heat, Radiation, Puncture/Impact (Slash does okay)

I recommend you get good mods for your frames and weapons overall

as for Warframes, Rhino is an okay option, though if you really want to stay alive for longer periods, some players will swear by Valkyr (acquire her parts from Alad V on Jupiter)

Edited by (PS4)Loto-Drandel

I agree with the posts that are already here but they don't really answer your question.  The problem is that there really isn't a "best" in my opinion.  There are several that would work depending on the situation.  One thing that you kind of left out is approximately how long of a survival mission we're talking about.  I.E there's a big difference between a 40 minute run and a 4 hour run.  I guess if I had to pick something to go off of I would say the soma prime, tonkor, Hek with syndicate mod/Vaykor Hek, Tigris/Sancti Tigris, synoid simulor.  The dread does pretty well also. Quite a few of the weapons I mentioned though are syndicate weapons and as such need mastery rank 12 to use.  So keep that in mind.

You mentioned that you want to get the prisma skana and that is a decent weapon but honestly I would recommend that you just get through to the point where you can do the second dream quest line.  At the end of the quest you get one of the best melee weapons in game.  The prisma skana you can only get via void trader for ducats or possibly trade chat but there you're going to be paying quite a bit of plat.

As far as acquiring weapons and such it's just about gaining enough mastery to use the ones you want.  You can look that up via google.  My recommendation there......get together a base level core set of gear.  Your go to setup. Every two weeks they have a devstream and they do a "gift of the lotus" event where they give away an orokin catalyst or reactor (mostly referred to as the blue and gold potatoes).  Those increase the mod capacity of your frames or weapons respectively.  Always do that mission.  It will save you plat in the longrun.  There are also invasions where they give away those "potatoes".  If you have the nodes unlocked you can grab those too.  Increase your mods as well.  As mentioned by everyone.  Look at some videos on youtube on how to mod weapons.  Do excavation missions or any mission that gives you void keys while you level your weapons.  That way while you are leveling your weapon you are also gaining void access.  The void is where most of your prime pieces will drop so the more keys you have the better while your starting out.

Anyway I could go on but that's a fair bit I think.  If you have other questions feel free to ask.