The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with Sortie missions?

KuraioNokami

Question

okay, so. let me state my problem real quick. i have Ember, Rhino, Equinox, Limbo, Loki, Nekros, Nezha, Nova, Nyx, Oberon and Vauban. all of them have a Reactor on them. my weapon loadout is Opticor, Bolto and Nikana Prime, all with a catalyst and the bolto has a Suda augment. i've tried to farm forma in the places you people reccomended, burned through 100 keys with no result. whenever i do sorties (or tower IV, for that matter), i get one-hit killed. i live in a time zone where the recruiting chat is dead at all times when i'm on. so, tell me, and excuse my bad language, how the sh*t am i supposed to do these missions? i have a clan, but am only active when my clanmates aren't. i had a friend who plays warframe, he gave me the parts for Nezha and quit the next day. i need help with good warframes, weapons, mod loadouts and strategies. the forums have never let me down before, i hope to Tri they won't now.

21 answers to this question

its hard to play solo specially since you are using the Opticor. But you could go for Trinity blessing/link build at least that way you ain't dying + you can heal the defence object. On the weapon side a shotgun or another weapon that isn't a sniper-esq weapon(like soma,boltor etc).

Dont do it Solo(besides spy,rescue or Deception). This will fix many problems and also Choose your Frame Accordingly to the Mission AND the Condition your are Running.

Survial with only Melee? Wukong, Valkyr, Chroma and maybe Rhino or Exalicur are obivous choices.

Interception with Energy Reduction? Disarm Loki with max effi and Range works wonders. Also a Slow nova comes in handy.

In Short, dont go solo even puplic Runs(via matchmaking if needed) are better than do hard missions alone and second use your Brain to choose a suitable Frame+Build+Weapons for the Mission you wanna run.

Edited by Cruelitas

1. Choose your frame

use Valkyr Hysteria build in Survival / Rescue

use Mirage Raid build in Interception / Mobile Defense

use Loki in Spy / Sabotage / Exterminate / Rescue

use Mag in Corpus Dedense

use Slow Nova in Defense

2. Prepare Gears

bring a lot of energy pads ( 100 pads )

bring a lot of ammo pads ( 50 )

3. Build Good Gun 

choose a good gun and put

a. ( Serration, Heavy Caliber, Split Chamber, Shred, 4 Elemental Damage Mods ) ( non-crit gun )

b. or ( Serration, Spilt Chamber, Heavy Caliber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Hammer Shot, 2 Elemental Damage Mods ) ( crit gun )

4. Tips

Do not use melee if you are not immortal or invisible

Do not face tank enemy

Always use pads, spam skill, do not hesitate

2 minutes ago, Deemmou said:

its hard to play solo specially since you are using the Opticor. But you could go for Trinity blessing/link build at least that way you ain't dying + you can heal the defence object. On the weapon side a shotgun or another weapon that isn't a sniper-esq weapon(like soma,boltor etc).

wow, good thing my trinity prime will be done soon. shotguns were never really my thing, though, so i guess it's time for good ol' Tonkor to come out and blow stuff up.

Just now, Cruelitas said:

Dont do it Solo(besides spy,rescue or Deception). This will fix many problems and also Choose your Frame Accordingly to the Mission AND the Condition your are Running.

Survial with only Melee? Wukong, Valkyr, Chroma and maybe Rhino or Exalicur are obivous choices.

Interception with Energy Reduction? Loki disarm Loki with max effi and Range works wonders. Also a Slow nova comes in handy.

In Short, dont go solo even puplic Runs(via matchmaking if needed) are better than do hard missions alone and second use your Brain to choose a suitable Frame+Build+Weapons for the Mission you wanna run.

public runs, eh... yeah. tried that. had to solo anyway because nobody else was doing sorties. and who lied to you and said i even have a brain? but no, seriously. whatever i think might work... doesnt. why else would i ask the question?

if you are trying to solo, you should  purchase one of those syndicate helpers (should be 5000rep points for 5x) they spawn around the same level as the mission you are in, i belive the red viel's infested charger is the most durable of all the syndicate helpers although i could be wrong

you'll also need some recovery pads like Energy and HP, best ones are from syndicates which cost 25,000 rep, and they recover arouond 100 energy/hp.

hmmm in what Regio are you? maybe changing setting ingame to get matched with players from other Countries could help. Or Chaning Lanquage to get to other Chat-Regios?

Im in the Englisch Chat and they are online like...allways. Lowest amount of ppl in Recu-Chat i ever encountered was 40.

6 minutes ago, Cruelitas said:

hmmm in what Regio are you? maybe changing setting ingame to get matched with players from other Countries could help. Or Chaning Lanquage to get to other Chat-Regios?

Im in the Englisch Chat and they are online like...allways. Lowest amount of ppl in Recu-Chat i ever encountered was 40.

lucky bashard. i'm in the english chat and they are on never. and what region am i in? i... have no idea. i should check. if i can figure out how...

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Bosnia_Akhalar said:

1. Choose your frame

use Valkyr Hysteria build in Survival / Rescue

use Mirage Raid build in Interception / Mobile Defense

use Loki in Spy / Sabotage / Exterminate / Rescue

use Mag in Corpus Dedense

use Slow Nova in Defense

2. Prepare Gears

bring a lot of energy pads ( 100 pads )

bring a lot of ammo pads ( 50 )

3. Build Good Gun 

choose a good gun and put

a. ( Serration, Heavy Caliber, Split Chamber, Shred, 4 Elemental Damage Mods ) ( non-crit gun )

b. or ( Serration, Spilt Chamber, Heavy Caliber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Hammer Shot, 2 Elemental Damage Mods ) ( crit gun )

4. Tips

Do not use melee if you are not immortal or invisible

Do not face tank enemy

Always use pads, spam skill, do not hesitate

hmmm... i take note.

I am forma hog, I don't know where you got sent to but I collect my forma from T3 Sabotage. I ran close to 15 missions a few nights ago and came away with 10 forma bps. So try going there or T4 Sabotage.

looking at your loadout i think we can improve your Arsenal a bit. I will give you some suggestions on weapons that can carry you a long way:

For primary I suggest you invest in a tonkor. It's pretty easy to acquire but you will need some forma to max it out. It's amazing at dealing with crowds or heavily armored enemies. For mods I suggest, infected clip, stormbringer, serration, split chamber, heavy caliber, point strike, vital sense and the last slot you can pick whatever you want.

for secondary I would suggest investing in a sonicor. It has some absolutely amazing crowd control and it's not too hard to build either. I suggest: hornet strike, barrel diffusion, lethal torrent, 3 90% elementals, quick draw and the last mod can be whatever you want.

as for high end missions usually you can do them with strong crowd control frames. I think Nyx can help you out here, just put overextended, stretch, cunning drift, constitution, continuity, streamline and flow and spam her 3rd ability. That is a very cheap build to make both in the mods needed and polarity capacity. This will help you specially since enemies will be aggroed to each other due to chaos.

as for the recruit chat being dead, have you tried  switching regions from your settings? Other regions might have more players up at that time to help you out.

i hope you find these suggestions helpful.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

14 minutes ago, trieuazn0 said:

i belive the red viel's infested charger is the most durable of all the syndicate helpers although i could be wrong

I suspect Arbiters Corrupted Lancer with his Alloy Armour is the tankiest especially at high levels.  I think they might also get life steal on their attacks.  Loka's Ancient Healers are great for defending yourself and objectives with their damage reduction aura, just don't take them in rad hazards...

Survivals, Defenses and Exterminates can usually be done with Valkyr using Hysteria if it gets too hairy (or you need to pick up the Defense Operative).  Deception, Rescue and Spy I tend to use my speed running Rhino Prime and try not to engage the enemy.  Activate Iron Skin and run, not letting anything stop you.  Complete the objective and run out (give the Rescue Operative a Furis with New Loka mod so they can heal themselves).  Tactics will need to vary depending on conditions and certain enemies but there are too many variables to list them all.

Edited by Katinka

Just now, S0V3REiGN said:

I am forma hog, I don't know where you got sent to but I collect my forma from T3 Sabotage. I ran close to 15 missions a few nights ago and came away with 10 forma bps. So try going there or T4 Sabotage.

looking at your load i think we can improve your Arsenal a bit. I will give you some suggestions on weapons that can carry you a long way:

For primary I suggest you invest in a tonkor. It's pretty easy to acquire but you will need some forma to max it out. It's amazing at dealing with crowds or heavily armored enemies. For mods I suggest, infected clip, stormbringer, serration, heavy caliber, point strike, vital sense and the last slot you can pick whatever you want.

for secondary I would suggest investing in a sonicor. It has some absolutely amazing crowd control and it's not too hard to build either. I suggest: hornet strike, barrel diffusion, lethal torrent, 3 90% elementals, quick draw and the last mod can be whatever you want.

as for high end missions usually you can do them with strong crowd control frames. I think Nyx can help you out here, just put overextended, stretch, cunning drift, constitution, continuity, streamline and flow and spam her 3rd ability. That is a very cheap build to make both in the mods needed and polarity capacity. This will help you specially since enemies will be aggroed to each other due to chaos.

i hope you find these suggestions helpful.

they are. thank you. but i did both T2 survival and T3 Sabotage and got nothing but cores, cells and the occasional loki prime helmet. i have both tonkor and sonicor, but found them hard to mod with no forma. i haven't gotten overextended and cunning drift yet, but i have the moon and hear it's good for cunning drift. you are a big help. thank you.

1 minute ago, Katinka said:

I suspect Arbiters Corrupted Lancer with his Alloy Armour is the tankiest especially at high levels.  I think they might also get life steal on their attacks.  Loka's Ancient Healers are great for defending yourself and objectives with their damage reduction aura, just don't take them in rad hazards...

Survivals, Defenses and Exterminates can usually be done with Valkyr using Hysteria if it gets too hairy (or you need to pick up the Defense Operative).  Deception, Rescue and Spy I tend to use my speed running Rhino Prime and try not to engage the enemy.  Activate Iron Skin and run, not letting anything stop you.  Complete the objective and run out (give the Rescue Operative a Furis with New Loka mod so they can heal themselves).  Tactics will need to vary depending on conditions and certain enemies but there are too many variables to list them all.

new god-dang loka. i have minimum standing with them. thanks, Suda! aaaaanyway, the lancers are... doable... but i wonder if Suda could be helpful in a way? i have maxed affinity with her, after all...

The sorties are definitely solo-able, but not easy. sometimes even impossible if you're out of luck and don't have the nessesary mods

How's your collection of mods? Can you get a group together for something like vault runs in your time zone? If not, I can only suggest to give up on sorties for a while and try to upgrade your own mods+collection further in the meantime. 

1 minute ago, AnonymousArmadillo said:

The sorties are definitely solo-able, but not easy. sometimes even impossible if you're out of luck and don't have the nessesary mods

How's your collection of mods? Can you get a group together for something like vault runs in your time zone? If not, I can only suggest to give up on sorties for a while and try to upgrade your own mods+collection further in the meantime. 

i'm trying to get better mods, with near to no luck. i cant do vault runs solo because my luck is horrible, 50+ tries and not one time did i have the right key. i also cant get a group, because no people, and whenever i do a nightmare run i get lethal torrent. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. i have like what, 120 lethal torrents lying around? so yeah. my mods (and luck) arent looking too good.

2 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

new god-dang loka. i have minimum standing with them. thanks, Suda! aaaaanyway, the lancers are... doable... but i wonder if Suda could be helpful in a way? i have maxed affinity with her, after all...

Suda has those Shield Drones that I guess are better than nothing.  I've not really tried them since I have to rely on Blueprints dropping from death squads* and I think I've seen about 2 of those Blueprints compared to over 20 of the Corrupted Lancers!

* If you haven't experienced it, the New Loka death squads have a chance of dropping a Blueprint for 5 specters when they jump you, as long as you kill them and not the other way around!

Just now, Katinka said:

Suda has those Shield Drones that I guess are better than nothing.  I've not really tried them since I have to rely on Blueprints dropping from death squads* and I think I've seen about 2 of those Blueprints compared to over 20 of the Corrupted Lancers!

* If you haven't experienced it, the New Loka death squads have a chance of dropping a Blueprint for 5 specters when they jump you, as long as you kill them and not the other way around!

the drones are decent... in defense. otherwise, they suck. the loka death squad hasn't come after me since i joined Suda, though. i dunno if that's lucky or not.

I'm pretty sure just about any Grineer/Infested Sortie can be Solo'ed by Valkyr relatively easy. Just equip some damaging mods to your melee (or go for crit build, which might be more effective), equip Eternal War, take a few Strength mods and high efficiency with reasonable duration (90% and above), activate Hysteria, activate War Cry and you're good. Just make sure you're doing slide attacks often, since those are REALLY powerful, and also for heavy armored units use Paralysis to OHK them with finisher.

Corpus ones might be a little bit more tough for Valkyr due to Nullifiers and Combas, but I guess it's still possible. Mag or Zephyr work wonders there though. Mag is a massive Corpus nuke (especially when there's Augmented Shields condition) and Zephyr has amazing shield which protects against all Corpus projectiles, you still need to look out for those pesky blue field mines that can pretty much OHK you... With Zephyr you need to have really good weapons though, because she's mostly about protection and a bit of CC. Usually equipping high Toxin damage works great against Corpus, since you can negate all their shields.

Having said that, you would make your life easier if you've found at least one buddy to play through Sorties though. From my experience 2 people can complete any Sortie without much problems (been doing that with my bro since the introduction of Sorties) Some missions take specific frames to make it through, but with two people there much more team variations you can take to deal with certain conditions.