The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a quick-block function/key?

Leahzar

Question

Hello Tenno

As the title says, is there a quick-block function? For example how you can press E to "quick-melee" kill something while you have your primary weapon equipped.  
It vexes me incredibly when I see an Arson Eximus wave coming towards me and knowing there's nothing I can do to quickly block it(?)

Edited by Leahzar
typo >>

4 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Leahzar said:

Hello Tenno

As the titles says, is there a quick-block function? For example how you can press E to "quick-melee" kill something while you have your primary weapon equipped.  
It vexes me incredibly when I see an Arson Eximus wave coming towards me and knowing there's nothing I can do to quickly block it(?)

roll into the fire, you won't get staggered and won't take as much damage. Trust me.

Edited by Insizer

No, you must have melee equipped to block.

27 minutes ago, Insizer said:

roll into the fire, you won't get staggered and won't take as much damage. Trust me.

This guy knows what he's talking about though.  Rolling makes you temporarily immune to knockdown (during the roll animation), so this also works against shockwave eximus, Grineer Heavies, Shockwave Moa, and Shock Death Orbs in the void.

Edited by xXRampantXx

There was before melee 2.0 came out, and we got stances.  For the Arson Eximus fire ring, there's a few ways to kinda avoid it beyond blocking.

1) cover, duck behind a wall or some boxes

2) out-range it, I think it's about 35 meters or so(?).  If you're not too close then this is a good option.

3) roll through it, you'll still take damage, but you won't be staggered and brained by a POWAHfi$$$$t.

4) cast an ability just as it hits, same as above, you'll still take damage.