The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Prime Finisher/ Crits confusion. Help.

darklit

Question

My Ash Prime just finished, and I'm trying to find the best build for it. so I've got a few questions.

1: do melee mods effect blade storm?

2: can blade storms finisher damage crit?

I would like a strait answer for #1. yes or no.

but for the second, please explain. as of right now, I don't think you crit while in blade storm, because my shadow step focus (go invisible after you crit with melee) didn't activate after using around 4 blade storms with blood rush on. so if I am right, why would I use blood rush to raise crit chance if I cant crit.

please help me with this, ide like to figure this out for sure. I've looked around and cant find any specific answer for my questions.

12 answers to this question

Some melee mods work on blade storm, I would personally recommend fury for attack speed. Body count to keep the damage counter up and Quickening for more attack speed. As for quickening I usually take out my melee and toggle channeling. Your ash will be lightning fast and tear through anything.

as far as I know Bladestorm cannot Crit. 

Edited by S0V3REiGN

4 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

Some melee mods work on blade storm, I would personally recommend fury for attack speed. Body count to keep the damage counter up and Quickening for more attack speed. As for quickening I usually take out my melee and toggle channeling. Your ash will be lightning fast and tear through anything.

as far as I know Bladestorm cannot Crit. 

ok, so if I were to put a viral proc on my nikana, it would add a viral proc to the blade storm? and I might put quickening on. I do have fury., im still working on my build for melee. but I guess I will take off blood rush, because if it cant crit, there is no point.

1: what does attack speed do for blade storm? I read it just make the animation go through faster, no added damage or anything. so it is really worth? I don't care much if my blade storm is slow looking.

Edit: added a question

Edited by darklit

7 minutes ago, darklit said:

ok, so if I were to put a viral proc on my nikana, it would add a viral proc to the blade storm? and I might, im still working on my build for melee. but I guess I will take off blood rush, because if it cant crit, there is no point.

No, only some melee mods work with blade storm. I mentioned the only 3 I am aware work on it. As far as I know melee mods are not supposed to work on it but I can tell you those definitely do.

edit, melee attack speed make Bladestorm animations faster which means you can cast Bladestorm more often. The melee counter goes up from each hit and your damage increases. I think they are 100% worth it. Ash is one of the frames I invest a lot of time perfecting and using.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

Bladestorm is only affected by Attack Speed Mods and Body count + Steel Charge. *
Bladestorm cannot Crit.

the Finishers you get from using Teleport totally can though, since they're Melee Attacks from your Melee Weapon. :)

since Bladestorm isn't affected by most Melee Mods, simply having Fury and Body Count on your Melee Weapon isn't that out of the ordinary so you don't need to remove any Mods.
because of that, i see no reason why a Loadout like this on your Melee Weapon isn't completely acceptable, if you would want to use the Mods for your own Melee Combat.
osvs7w3.png
using Quickening sounds awful, the Energy Cost to speed up your AoE Blast can't possibly be worth it.

*: duly note that every second you are not using Bladestorm, Corrosive Projection will benefit you and your entire team to more of a Damage Bonus (more like less of a Damage reduction but w/e) than Steel Charge.

Edited by taiiat

So this is the only mods that effect it. Finisher damage ignored armour and sheilds, so steel charge is better to use in a self centered way.

so no point in putting a finisher damage mod on my nikana 

Just now, ChronoEclipse said:

Why aren't you using Berserker?

you could, but i assume those looking to revolve a Melee Weapon around Bladestorm won't be doing much actual Melee Combat.
and you can't build it without doing actual Melee Combat.

i also cba to test Bladestorm i Simulation to see if Berserker affects, as everyone you ask has a different answer. but the first point being the vast majority of the reason.

35 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

Using Quickening just for Bladestorm has zero downsides, it doesn't consume extra energy.

wut
sounds like a Bug to be fixed. it counts as a Melee Strike, and you can Channel, therefore it should apply. if it didn't count as a Melee Strike, that would be a different story, but it does.

inb4 butthurt - make a decision. do you want Quickening for free but not gain Melee bonuses like Steel Charge and Combo Counter? or do you want Quickening not free but keeps being considered Melee.
it needs to be one or the other.

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

you could, but i assume those looking to revolve a Melee Weapon around Bladestorm won't be doing much actual Melee Combat.
and you can't build it without doing actual Melee Combat.

i also cba to test Bladestorm i Simulation to see if Berserker affects, as everyone you ask has a different answer. but the first point being the vast majority of the reason.

Then why are you using Blood Rush?

I just tested Berserker, and it had no effect on the time to do a full BS on one target with high or low attack speed.

In any case, Life Strike is still a mod you would want on your melee...

13 minutes ago, ChronoEclipse said:

Then why are you using Blood Rush?

In any case, Life Strike is still a mod you would want on your melee...

because if you're going to use Body Count for Bladestorm, you might as well use Blood Rush. 
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hey, it's the Mod Loadout i'd use, that's all i can say. i don't like Life Strike personally, and will prefer to use other forms of Healing when possible.
the Mod Loadout was mostly just to give a quick example that having Mods for Bladestorm and still having a useful Melee Weapon is completely possible.