The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spear & Shield Concepts in all faction flavours (Concept-Art - Animations inside) Update All Stats and Descriptions! (12/2/2017)

Scharkie

37Rw1gq.jpg

Welcome!

To a Project I am very proud of showing you Tenno.

This is a Collab between 

Andy1134

who orignally made a topic about spears and javelins:

He won a Concept art contest and asked me if I could make some spear and shields. (The Grineer Spear and Shield are his original design)

This entire week I hold a Contest under the name of the Mystery Project / Contest:

Today I can finally show you what if been working on for more then 8 Days now.

Spear & Shields in all Faction Flavours

Let dive straight in shall we?

9Qy0fuf.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

jjNFCLj.jpg

Aredbar Named after the Persian spear Areadbhar whose blade was so hot it always had to be kept in water to stop the spread of an immense fire. The Areadbhar is a heavy dual wield weapon composed of a heavy assault spear and an extremely thick metal alloy shield. Each strike of the Areadbhar deals high impact damage and has a high chance to stagger enemies. Holding the E key and finishing combo chains until the very end will release a jet accelerated punch that inflicts very high damage and has a very high explosive chance rag dolling enemies in the line of attack.

A Brute and Savage weapon crafted by the grineer, deliver devastating impact on your enemies with the Rocket propulsed Strikes.

The Shield of this deadly duo hides a Grineer Masterwork engine wich refuels the Lance whenever needed.

U61xgBB.jpg

Pmb2yob.jpg

QhE7yNC.jpg

Slow and Deadly strikes, when charged the spear will activate its rockets to deliver a devastating blow to all infront of the weapon

0BUi29a.jpg

Check out the details of these Weapons:

SPEAR:

http://extrazoom.com/image-54669.html?s=huln50x50

SHIELD:

http://extrazoom.com/image-54700.html?s=huln50x50

Animation!

Spoiler

MY0VKWg.gif

U70NGmJ.gif

3My8WTD.jpg

jjNFCLj.jpg

Bri-0-Na-C4-Prototype Named after the celtic spear Brionac who was impossible to overcome by regular means. Each strike was able to bypass any defense and strike vital points almost unblocked even through steel. The Brionac spear is a newly made prototype of the Corpus conglomerate specialized in electric discharges. Each strike will inflict electricity and magnetic damage to all targets hit. Holding the E key and finishing combo chains until the very end will release a beam of condensed energy that will reach a few meters with infinite punch through within the range.

A perfect example of Corpus gear, this weapon not only shines in melee combat but also has acces to close range energy blasts.

Using Corpus master blueprints the shield can fold out to protect a far wider area of the user.

U61xgBB.jpg

NJaytsZ.png

KCKwUEd.jpg

Long Swipes, When charged prepares to fire a deadly close range energy Blast.

0y8dgZm.jpg

SPEAR:

http://extrazoom.com/image-54668.html?s=huln50x50

SHIELD:

http://extrazoom.com/image-54699.html?s=huln50x50

Animations!

Spoiler

OHRGUWZ.gif

RY7nRUf.gif

wWCVUB5.jpg

jjNFCLj.jpg

Ascalon Named after the spear, St. George used to kill a dragon a captive princess was supposed to be sacrificed to. The Ascalon spear is supposed to be a heavy slash based spear with high critical chance upon hitting enemies. Each strike with the spear has a chance of inflicting devastating hits. Upon holding E pressed will release a fierce stab dealing a guaranteed slash proc upon hit dealing slash damage along all enemies in stabbing line.

A old relic often used by Tenno who master at the arts of spear combat, this spear might be old but it still shows purpose on the battlefield

But even the greatest mater can use some protection, use the Energy shield to escape from all dangers ahead

U61xgBB.jpg

2NeiFTy.jpg

KCKwUEd.jpg

Fast and Flowing swipes, When charged make a Swipe around the user to knockdown any foes who came to close.

vVO6cD7.jpg

SPEAR:

http://extrazoom.com/image-54667.html?s=huln50x50

SHIELD:

http://extrazoom.com/image-54698.html?s=huln50x50

Animations!

Spoiler

iiOvOVj.gif

I50MLhx.gif

Q6HoUpq.jpg

jjNFCLj.jpg

Gabulk Named after the legendary spear Gae Bulg which is supposed to be the spear of “spear of mortal pain”. This spear is completely overwhelmed by infested biology and produces a strong toxic secrete. Each strike of the Gabulk already has the chance of inflicting terrific diseases to all enemies hit but when holding the E key pressed and preparing a long strike the Gabulk will insert an infested parasite inside the enemy dealing viral and toxin damage over fifteen seconds.

A terrifying Spear with as only goal is to annihilate and destroy all that meets its tip.

Or use the Spiked shield wich shares the same terrifying dreams as its bigger brother.

U61xgBB.jpg

8ynAqaS.jpg

QhE7yNC.jpg

Forward thrusting strikes, When charged the spear will gather a large amount of toxic on its fangs wich will be injected on the first enemy you meet.

0uM2MEk.jpg

ANIMATIONS!

FAu4NXS.gif

VNt7TBF.gif

SPEAR:

http://extrazoom.com/image-54664.html?s=huln50x50

SHIELD:

http://extrazoom.com/image-54697.html?s=huln50x50

ru6T8PK.jpg

jjNFCLj.jpg

Tyrfing Named after the legendary sword in the Norse mythology, said to be shining in otherworldly light and inflicting untreatable wounds to all enemies being hit by it. Tyrfing was a weapon of old ways found by salvaging data found within the inside of the Jordas Cephalon data bases. It was said to be an Orokin High Executors primary weapon of choice when dealing with enemies known well in long conflicts. It has the innate ability to absorb its wielders knowledge to inflict additional damage to all enemies being fully scanned in Cephalon Ordis’ codex entries.

Slender and usefull this spear serves its only purpose to gather data from all that it touches.

The shield will accompany the spear to store all gathered data (and use this to guard its user when needed)

U61xgBB.jpg

4Jwbm4s.jpg

QhE7yNC.jpg

Upward strikes, When charged prepares to gather data from the target and impales the foe.

7UHc9FC.jpg

SPEAR:

http://extrazoom.com/image-54666.html?s=huln50x50

SHIELD:

http://extrazoom.com/image-54696.html?s=huln50x50

Animations!

bMNogl0.gif

nZaTsql.gif

p3FO3Hb.jpg

jjNFCLj.jpg

Twisted and Unknown, this Spear & Shield combo has not been used on the battlefield yet by any Tenno Hands,

Will you be the first Tenno?

This sentient spear does not have a sharp edge in the front but a fork like extension. Like the War weapon the spear can generate sharp energy edges dealing tremendous damage upon hit. Those edges however are highly instable and require Warframe energy to be fueled and stabilized. Alternatively the energy can be drained from dead enemies.

U61xgBB.jpg

c5uTMec.jpg

QhE7yNC.jpg

Slow powerfull thrusts with wide sweeps.

qftzDRx.jpg

SPEAR:

http://extrazoom.com/image-57113.html?s=huln50x50

SHIELD:

http://extrazoom.com/image-57114.html?s=huln50x50

Animations!:

XGmYnWC.gif

uQaADv2.gif

vuC7dnP.jpg

mAfRseX.jpg

Honor the Old ways with this deadly and elegant Combo.

The ancient guardians of the Orokin homeworld were equipped with light but yet robust gear proficient in attacking as well as defending. The old guardians were known as masters of the perfect balance between attacking and defending. Each strike hitting an enemy will imbue the shield with force with stacks. Up to five stacks can be accumulated. When blocking an enemy attack all stacks are consumed and depending on the number of stacks consumed the total damage reduction is increased. If five stacks are consumed, no damage will pass through the blocking attempt and the player will be invulnerable for 3 seconds while blocking. Blocking an attack will imbue the spear with force generating stacks for every attack blocked. Up to ten stacks can be accumulated. Each attack will consume all stacks currently accumulated, increasing the damage done. Consuming ten stacks will guarantee the next attack will be a critical strike and will inflict a bleeding status effect as well.

W91bQoc.jpg

XxIxp4K.jpg

HvSRzZS.jpg

Fast precise strikes with deadly range.

jmiiVEO.jpg

Animations!

BCiRHTN.gif
oNHISQX.gif

dDsmaAV.png

mAfRseX.jpg

Luna & Sol, the perfect weapon combo reminding all who follow the teachings of Teshin; No Defence without Attack, and no Attack without Defence.

This gear is imbued with energy generators producing plasma blades from the rod and the shield. This plasma deals tremendous heat damage upon striking an enemy. Upon bullet-jumping the small thruster in the rear of the rod will burst out and increase the bullet jumping range. Any enemy hit while using this additional thruster will take additional damage and be eventually knocked down. Blocking an enemy attack in melee with the plasma shield will not block much damage, the efficiency is much lower than on other weapons since the shield is not solid. However any strike versus the shield in melee will make a plasma burst in the looking direction dealing heat damage with a high-status chance.

W91bQoc.jpg

DVMzIPv.jpg

HvSRzZS.jpg

Quick and round attacks, for fast covering of close combat.

gje6hEY.png

Animations!
2PpXCcs.gif

Xz1celv.gif

Z5Ghfqj.png

mAfRseX.jpg

A sick and twisted combination formed from a Old spear and shield, these conjoined organisms work together to become a deadly weapon.
While the Shield makes and pumps toxic into the spear, the Spear stings everything near its tip to paralyze and defeat all that dares to get infront of it.

Spear and shield are unsplitable connected within this weapon combining offense and defense perfectly. The Infestation grows continously and feeds upon all flesh the weapon is punched into. All strikes hitting the enemy will infect the enemy with parasites growing over and over until the Infestation finally bursts out. Upon striking again versus an already fully infected target the spear will drain the parasites out again. This will drain alot of life from the target while healing the bearer of the spears by a percentage of the life drained.

W91bQoc.jpg

YschfOi.jpg

HvSRzZS.jpg

Strong strikes with long thrust stances perfect for impaling.

yMhTn4E.png

Animations!
fMhxEdj.gif

m2PKQJb.gif

This concept is part of my collection of concepts wich can be found here:

382hRJR.jpg

Edited by Scharkie1333

4 minutes ago, dummifighter said:

This post is almost perfect!!!

Just one major flaw...

Hidden Content

Working on cephalon tomorrow, and sadly the current way if drawn the infested weapons doesnt allow me to make any cool animations, might look a bit into restyling it a bit so it can move like the phage its tendrils

To be honest. The only spear and shield that looks like it belongs to a faction; is the Infested. The Grineer do almost looks like it, but should try too stay within the factions style. The Corpus on does not even look like the Corpus. If compared to the other they have similarity in appearance. While the one you made doesn't suit the corpus. The Tenno spear and shield doesn't really suit them either. SO far from what I have seen from the Tenno weapons. That they are quite simplstic and sleek looking. Look at the all the lab weapons and compare them to yours

From Dev 37~FactionSummary.jpg

Edited by Ibro156

8 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

To be honest. The only spear and shield that looks like it belongs to a faction; is the Infested. The Grineer do almost looks like it, but should try too stay within the factions style. The Corpus on does not even look like the Corpus. If compared to the other they have similarity in appearance. While the one you made doesn't suit the corpus. The Tenno spear and shield, it does look like belongs to the Tenno, but needs to be changed in colour to at least look them. 

From Dev 37~FactionSummary.jpg

So you are telling me; Opticor, Ninkondi, Jat kittag, Any cephalon weapon arent fitting ingame? Cause if used those as working point and they seems pretty faction representing to me. If we where to hold on to that picture of yours we would have 50 weapons all looking the same with slight changes. I rather have some Diversity

16 minutes ago, Scharkie1333 said:

So you are telling me; Opticor, Ninkondi, Jat kittag, Any cephalon weapon arent fitting ingame? Cause if used those as working point and they seems pretty faction representing to me. If we where to hold on to that picture of yours we would have 50 weapons all looking the same with slight changes. I rather have some Diversity

Okay, sensing some hostility, but am going to continue. When designing faction weapons, you have to stay within the rules. If you don't really just making something that doesn't suit them. If compared two weapons ingame. For example the Flux to the Lanka, or the Angstrum to Glaxion. You can immediately tell me its a Corpus weapon, as it is symmetrical perfect, but when compared to your Corpus design weapon, It complete goes against the rules and the other weapons looks. Am not saying what you made is atrocious, am just saying doesn't suit the Corpus. The Tenno Spear an' Shield it not how it should really be. The Ninkondi does look like your bit, but the difference it doesn't use holographic capabilities. If you compared Venka to Vectis, it looks different that fine, but how them two have similar characteristics. Another example would be Nikana to Anku, they don't even look like the same weapons, but it has same characteristic. From the plain look to the sleek designs like Destreza, Orthos, Shaku, Lacera, Redeemer, Tipedo, Tonbo and etc. The one you had design has too many problems.

19 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

Okay, sensing some hostility, but am going to continue. When designing faction weapons, you have to stay within the rules. If you don't really just making something that doesn't suit them. If compared two weapons ingame. For example the Flux to the Lanka, or the Angstrum to Glaxion. You can immediately tell me its a Corpus weapon, as it is symmetrical perfect, but when compared to your Corpus design weapon, It complete goes against the rules and the other weapons looks. Am not saying what you made is atrocious, am just saying doesn't suit the Corpus. The Tenno Spear an' Shield it not how it should really be. The Ninkondi does look like your bit, but the difference it doesn't use holographic capabilities. If you compared Venka to Vectis, it looks different that fine, but how them two have similar characteristics. Another example would be Nikana to Anku, they don't even look like the same weapons, but it has same characteristic. From the plain look to the sleek designs like Destreza, Orthos, Shaku, Lacera, Redeemer, Tipedo, Tonbo and etc. The one you had design has too many problems.

I dont understand the entire, comparing part your trying to make. As i tried to tell im no fan of having multiple items all using the same style. And I am no DE artist so I dont have to follow these rules you are trying to setup here. This is fan concepting and everybody has his own ideas wich they workout in their way. Telling someone who made something they have to keep to rules is a total creativity killer, and thats something I dont want to happen.

I understand and thank you for your comment and feedback but i dont think this is going anywhere.

23 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

What rules are you talking about? there are no rules, you're just making up gibberish

FactionSummary.jpgThese aren't even rules It's just a picture explaining who people are

6 minutes ago, Scharkie1333 said:

I dont understand the entire, comparing part your trying to make. As i tried to tell im no fan of having multiple items all using the same style. And I am no DE artist so I dont have to follow these rules you are trying to setup here. This is fan concepting and everybody has his own ideas wich they workout in their way. Telling someone who made something they have to keep to rules is a total creativity killer, and thats something I dont want to happen.

I understand and thank you for your comment and feedback but i dont think this is going anywhere.

Eh, your right. Didn't think about it like that. Am kinda a bit of a logical thinker, then a artistic person. I guess I went a little bit too far, sorry about that >.>

Edited by Ibro156

7 minutes ago, Scharkie1333 said:

I wonder if you'd make one for Conclave......isn't that its own faction?....meh whatever

Edited by Barrett_Linwei8

18 minutes ago, Barrett_Linwei8 said:

I wonder if you'd make one for Conclave......isn't that its own faction?....meh whatever

Nah, the Conclave have they're own skins and design. Look at they're skins

Edited by Ibro156

8 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

Nah, the Conclave have they're own skins and design. Look at they're skins

I think that was a question for me, 

Conclave doesnt really have a faction style /  shape for me yet. though i might get that new syandana soon and use that as a reference

Great work, guys!

Always liked the concept and your artwork in other concepts, so for the two to come together...pretty close to perfect. Very happy to see these coming to life in a new rendition. (Andy may not think his art did it justice, but I liked his original art a lot, too.)

Nitpicks:

-Surface area of the Infested shield--is there a reason you chose to make it smaller than the others? Seems it needs to be larger to my eye, but I could be wrong.

-I really like that the Corpus spear has a laser built in. Makes sense. But what about an energy shield in that covers a little extra space outside of the physical shield? (No, I don't think it takes away from the Tenno energy shield.) 

Ideas:

-In the original topic we discussed a lot of different retrieval mechanics. Do you have thoughts on implementing them (or new ones), or are you leaving those out largely? (They don't take anything away from this topic, so leaving them out does make sense.)

-On mechanics again. Outside of Impact, Puncture, and Slash boosts with each faction's weapon, how you guys feel about faction-related passives with the weapons? Armor boosts with Grineer, health boosts with infested, shield boosts with Corpus? I hesitate to say an attack boost with Tenno, since that would make the other's less useful for their primary purpose: attacking enemies.

On 3/9/2016 at 6:21 AM, Scharkie1333 said:

We dont want another destiny to happen, now woukd we? Xd

On 9-3-2016 at 0:37 AM, Rhekemi said:

Great work, guys!

Always liked the concept and your artwork in other concepts, so for the two to come together...pretty close to perfect. Very happy to see these coming to life in a new rendition. (Andy may not think his art did it justice, but I liked his original art a lot, too.)

Nitpicks:

-Surface area of the Infested shield--is there a reason you chose to make it smaller than the others? Seems it needs to be larger to my eye, but I could be wrong.

-I really like that the Corpus spear has a laser built in. Makes sense. But what about an energy shield in that covers a little extra space outside of the physical shield? (No, I don't think it takes away from the Tenno energy shield.) 

Ideas:

-In the original topic we discussed a lot of different retrieval mechanics. Do you have thoughts on implementing them (or new ones), or are you leaving those out largely? (They don't take anything away from this topic, so leaving them out does make sense.)

-On mechanics again. Outside of Impact, Puncture, and Slash boosts with each faction's weapon, how you guys feel about faction-related passives with the weapons? Armor boosts with Grineer, health boosts with infested, shield boosts with Corpus? I hesitate to say an attack boost with Tenno, since that would make the other's less useful for their primary purpose: attacking enemies.

Hi and thanks for the amazing Feedback, 

For the Infested spear im looking towards editing it slightly so its can be animated, if this succeeds it will adapt in shape a bit. So a more slender design was more handy in this way.

(Probally wont be soon)

I did read about the returning mechanic on the original post, but as far as i envisioned these spears they all have unique charge mechanics so adding a throwing aspect to them aswell would be a bit too much in my eyes.

Stats wise ill see towards getting some in the future so stay tuned for that.

Edited by Scharkie1333

• 2 weeks later...

Closed the Poll vote and results are in:

Next Spear and Shield will be Sentient flavoured,

after that I will Prime the Tenno Spear and Shield shown in this thread.

With a small lead above the Mutalist Spear & Shield comes the Conclave (skin) wich will be a challenge.

And after that I will yet again grab my Tenno Spear & Shield concept and Mutalist it for the last Set of Spear & Shield.

THANK YOU for voting, hope to start sketching soon.