The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drakgoon Worth It?

(PSN)Mordred_Tumultu

Question

So, I just got the Drakgoon, because I needed MR fodder to get up to MR 12 quickly. I just maxed it out, and honestly, it feels really good, comparable to my Tigris. Is it worth a Catalyst and slot to keep for funsies? I plan on buying/trading for the Sancti Tigris, so I'm not in dire need of a streetsweeper, but it was a really fun-feeling and effective weapon, that would fit Vauban so well aesthetically. 

8 answers to this question

The charge rate can be fixed with shotgun spazz and frail momentum in tangent. It's not a very commonly used weapon because there are better shotgun out there. I personally use: 2 90% elementals, vicious spread, hells chamber, primed point blank, sweeping serration, shotgun spazz and frail momentum. If you can manage the slightly lower charge rate you could go with blaze instead of frail momentum for more damage. Alternatively, if you rather spam it rather then charge it you could look into tainted shell to reduce the initial fire cone. I don't use seeking force or seeking fury because fully charged shots have a innate 2 meter punch through.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

With enough investment, the Drakgoon could be a good addition to your arsenal.

I've forma'd it four times (I think, but I can't check because I can't login atm), and it does deal really decent damage at a quick pace.

Although it's still your preference, other shotguns will out damage it in certain areas.

there are shotguns that can do better in other areas, but there's one nice advantage that the Drakgoon has, which is that the charged attack has no falloff and has innate punchthrough (even when partially charged). It's outdamaged by a few shotguns, but that's not saying much considering it's practically right behind them