The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best squad for Thousand Cuts

dodorichard

Question

Seems like the later sorties on Thousand Cuts get much harder and I am only Master Rank 6. I will have to recruit my friends (all about same level) to do this with me, but what about composition of party?

If a 3 man team, what frames would you bring to the party to max Melee damage but keep everyone alive.

I am thinking:

Excal or Rhino for damage

Frost for Defense

Trinity for Heal

Thoughts?

11 answers to this question

Gotta be honest with ya, the team comp doesn't really matter all that much if you plan on using their abilities, since energy is capped at 25. Unless your friends have the corrupted mods for lowering their ability costs really low, I wouldn't bother with a team comp. It also depends heavily on what melees you're using. This tac alert is Grineer-focused, so you'll want puncture or slash damage-heavy melees, so not the Bo or Magistar or Ankyros or Furax, or, well, you get the gist. Also, be aware that these dudes hit pretty heavy and their bleed procs are deadly, so you'll want to stay as mobile as possible. None of them have guns, so as long as you bullet jump a lot and you do it smart, you'll be out of harm's way for the most part. That means you'll want some tanky frames if you can get them, or a -very- low energy cost CC frame. I'd suggest going to recruiting and looking for someone capable to do it with you and your friends, because it could pose a challenge to under-equipped players.

3 Rhinos, each with enough power efficiency to cast Iron Skin. You can't get enough energy reduce to make Excal worthwhile (can only have 25 max energy) to keep exalted blade going for long. The 4th mission there is only level 50 guys so best bet is just turtle up and bring along lifestrike on your weapon to keep yourself going.

get naramon

25 minutes ago, Exploderizer said:

Gotta be honest with ya, the team comp doesn't really matter all that much if you plan on using their abilities, since energy is capped at 25. Unless your friends have the corrupted mods for lowering their ability costs really low, I wouldn't bother with a team comp. It also depends heavily on what melees you're using. This tac alert is Grineer-focused, so you'll want puncture or slash damage-heavy melees, so not the Bo or Magistar or Ankyros or Furax, or, well, you get the gist. Also, be aware that these dudes hit pretty heavy and their bleed procs are deadly, so you'll want to stay as mobile as possible. None of them have guns, so as long as you bullet jump a lot and you do it smart, you'll be out of harm's way for the most part. That means you'll want some tanky frames if you can get them, or a -very- low energy cost CC frame. I'd suggest going to recruiting and looking for someone capable to do it with you and your friends, because it could pose a challenge to under-equipped players.

This one

41 minutes ago, SodapopKevin said:

3 Rhinos, each with enough power efficiency to cast Iron Skin. You can't get enough energy reduce to make Excal worthwhile (can only have 25 max energy) to keep exalted blade going for long. The 4th mission there is only level 50 guys so best bet is just turtle up and bring along lifestrike on your weapon to keep yourself going.

It can be solo'd with Excal though. Energy orbs are a thing.

I'd recommend Inaros if you have him. Doesn't struggle at all with the enemies, and you can tank so much damage. His 4th doesn't cost energy, so you can use it to boost your armor higher and it's very useful crowd control (especially since all melee enemies are running towards you and getting caught in it) while greatly healing you. Had 21 revives at the end of one run with both a Rhino and Chroma.

If you don't have Inaros, then I'd go with Rhino with enough efficiency to cast Iron Skin like @SodapopKevin suggested. Being able to ignore the knockdowns and bleed procs for a time should be pretty helpful as long as you keep an eye on it and get away before it's fully gone. Maybe with its augment so you can recast it to max health.

I'd say Inaros (pocket sand+finisher lets you solo it), or Atlas with a lot of power efficiency, take your best melee and punch everyone. He can't be pulled by the scorpions as a bonus. Nova helps the whole team but she'll get killed pretty quickly. I don't really recommend squishy frames because of the Manics.

I personally went with Excal + Orthos Prime and it went pretty well (at least, with a Body Count + Blood Rush build).

I'd recommend against EB. Since the run involves fighting a few super-tanky enemies rather than a gigantic crowd of weaklings, you're definitely not going to be getting as many orbs as you'd expect from a typical survival run (or pretty much any run, for that matter). It's very easy to drop from 25 to 0 energy even at max efficiency, since your energy recovery depends entirely on whether the small handful enemies you killed in the past minute felt like dropping an orb for you or not.

Rhino with Energy Siphon or Zenurik seems like a pretty safe option for this mission, though. Loki perhaps even more so.

I went with max energy efficient Nezha plus whatever melee weapon so I didn't have to worry about enemies making me stagger.  I used Fire Walker for mostly crowd control, and, if someone's desperate for health, I used Blazing Chakram.  It worked really well for me and I pretty much carried the entire team for three parts (haven't done the fourth part yet).  Max energy efficient Rhino would work well also, but my squad had low MR Rhinos who didn't have Fleeting Expertise so they weren't able to use their Iron Skin.  

Team composition really doesn't matter.  Just bring whatever frame you're comfortable with and your favorite anti-Grineer melee weapon.