The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anybody know the exact speed of melee weapons and stances?

(PSN)Crixus044

Question

I know the numbers shown on the stats section in-game and on warframe builder aren't excactly accurate. apparently, the speeds shown in game are relevant to the stances they use, like how a heavy blade and sword, both with an attack speed of 1.00 yet attack at completely different speeds. There was a post long ago that had stats on some stances, but a lot of them are out-dated, missing certain popular stances, and I can't get in touch with the poster about how he got those stats. Can someone please post any stats or anyway to get those stats? It would me much appreciated.

3 answers to this question

unless you either record and then frame step afterwards, or reverse engineer the game to be able to read the base lengths of things - nobody really knows.
or tbh, even if you do all of this, every single Animation sequence is completely different, making this goal... not very reachable.

realistically you'll have to do it like everyone else and resort to manually playtesting various Speed Multipliers to see what feels good for you.

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

unless you either record and then frame step afterwards, or reverse engineer the game to be able to read the base lengths of things - nobody really knows.
or tbh, even if you do all of this, every single Animation sequence is completely different, making this goal... not very reachable.

realistically you'll have to do it like everyone else and resort to manually playtesting various Speed Multipliers to see what feels good for you.

Problem is that I'm not one with the master race. I'm merely a humble OP melee console player, and a lot of stuff normally available to pc players are not available to me. I'm trying to make a YouTube video that gives accurate comparisons of melee weapons, but I don't want to make a fool out of myself.

16 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

I'm trying to make a YouTube video that gives accurate comparisons of melee weapons, but I don't want to make a fool out of myself.

don't try. the video will have to have hundreds of 'but also' and 'but does not apply to' disclaimers.

not worth it. you basically have to make an entire video's worth of information to explain every single Stance on every single Melee Weapon. and treat them all completely in a vacuum from each other.