The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is high mobility the only way to play?

MobyTheDuck

On 3/12/2016 at 5:24 AM, Knaimhe said:

If it had included teleporting, you could say "That's not new, that's just an extension of Nova's Worm Hole."

If it had teleporting then it would definitely would be a switch teleport or wormhole copy. But it does not, please stay on point.

The improvements of bullet jump over aerial attacks are significant enough to qualify it as a new feature.

If you want to see real new feture look at other 2.0s that came out. Since I started playing in U15 there I remember Spy 2.0 and Conclave 2.0

How much does Spy 2.0 has to do with Spy 1.0? I think absolutely nothing.

How much Conclave 1.0 has to do with 2.0? Even "Conclave Rating" is no longer related anyhow to Conclave.

"Parkour 2.0" was just improvement to coptering and brought nothing new to the game. It fixed relying on Tipedo but at the same time it made rushing and skipping official part of game.

Okay, so it's a change in map design due to the existence of Parkour 2.0.

That's exactly what you asked for.

Yes, because parkour 2.0 is good at crossing large distances just like coptering was. Maps are now large to account for coptering being legalized.

That's an egregious trivialization of the complexity of the moon vaults.
That aside, you must be forgetting the "Training Arena" vault.

Here is a video of me completing all the vaults:

See how easy they are?:

What an empty statement.
"The biggest issue with [Super Smash Bros. Melee] is that there is no depth in to it. You just press couple button, learn couple move combos"

Look at that spy vault video. The only way to add a slight degree of difficulty is to add bunch of randomly moving lasers but even then its too easy. Couple bullet jumps with aim glides and you are past lasers. Where are wall runs?

It's unreasonable for you to expect Warframe to contain itself and Mirror's Edge, just like it would be unreasonable to expect Mirror's Edge to have Warframe-level shooter combat.

Mirrow's Edge shooting was actually way better then you think it was. It was a small and optional part but still pretty solid.

With Warframe Parkour 2.0 is a core mechanics that became officially broken.

26 minutes ago, igo95862-LookingForClan- said:

If it had teleporting then it would definitely would be a switch teleport or wormhole copy. But it does not, please stay on point.

Excuse me? I am staying on point.
The point is that you're going to able to trivialize any new mechanic by relating it somehow to an existing concept.
But when you do that, it doesn't mean that you have a solid argument, it just means you're able to identify superficial similarities.

If you want to see real new feture look at other 2.0s that came out. Since I started playing in U15 there I remember Spy 2.0 and Conclave 2.0
How much does Spy 2.0 has to do with Spy 1.0? I think absolutely nothing.
How much Conclave 1.0 has to do with 2.0? Even "Conclave Rating" is no longer related anyhow to Conclave.

Sure, some 2.0s will be greater upgrades than others.
That doesn't mean Parkour 2.0 wasn't a significant change.
(Also, I like to believe that Spy 1.0 had a lot of room to improve; it's not hard to be better than Spy 1.0.)
(Furthermore, Conclave 2.0 actually has fewer mechanics, besides the largely-ignored Cephalon Capture.)

"Parkour 2.0" was just improvement to coptering and brought nothing new to the game. It fixed relying on Tipedo but at the same time it made rushing and skipping official part of game.
Yes, because parkour 2.0 is good at crossing large distances just like coptering was. Maps are now large to account for coptering being legalized.

What are you trying to tell me here? You've accepted my answer to your question. It was an answer that you provided, mind you.
You want more?
The Jupiter Gas City tileset has an extremely large outdoors area which looks something like a pathway between two immense facades.
This tile exhibits unprecedented verticality, a characteristic that is better explored under Parkour 2.0.

Here is a video of me completing all the vaults:
See how easy they are?:
Look at that spy vault video. The only way to add a slight degree of difficulty is to add bunch of randomly moving lasers but even then its too easy. Couple bullet jumps with aim glides and you are past lasers. Where are wall runs?

Congratulations on completing the vaults so aggressively.
Personally, I spent a lot more time considering possible approaches and using wall-related parkour to survey the environments, especially on my first few runs.
You've presumably practiced those vaults several times; that experience is demonstrated in your ability to complete them quickly.
However, just because you personally did not use certain parkour tools doesn't mean that they aren't useful to others.

And again, you apparently did not visit the specific conformation of the "training room" vault that I was referring to.

Mirrow's Edge shooting was actually way better then you think it was. It was a small and optional part but still pretty solid.

Yeah, sure, but was it a Warframe-scale combat game?
The point, again, is that Mirror's Edge specifically focuses on parkour.
Would you expect Warframe's hacking mechanics to be on par with Hacknet?
Would you expect Warframe's stealth mechanics to be on par with MGSV?
It would be unreasonable to expect Mirror's Edge to contain Warframe-level combat, just as it is unreasonable to expect Warframe to be all that it is, plus Mirror's Edge.