The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akvasto or Vasto Prime?

Creative__Name

Question

5 answers to this question

I took a look at both of them. The Vasto Prime has a base damage of 69 while the AKvasto has base of around 54 damage. The VP has higher crit multiplier at 2.0 compared to 1.5 with a status chance of 15% compared to just 5% with a faster reload of 1.00 compared to 1.80 seconds. The Akvasto basically has a double magazine size.

If you put enough formae into it, the Akvasto  probably has higher damage output because it has almost twice the fire rate. It's slightly less accurate, 10 less damage, 10% less status, and 0.5x less crit damage. But again, twice the fire rate. The Vasto Prime's main advantages are better crit damage and two V polarities. I don't think the crit damage matters much, because the highest crit chance you can get is barely over 60%. 

Edited by motorfirebox

Biggest difference between Akvasto and Vasto P is recoil. Yep, Vasto P has a lot of recoil, and therefore has more in common with Lex P than Akvasto. Akvasto has almost no recoil at all, allowing quick folow-up shots without the mental effort of re-aiming the weapon.

5 minutes ago, ClinkzEastwood said:

Stat wise, Akvasto is better.

But if you realy care about stats, then get Akmagnus, or the new Dual toxocyst, those are better weapons than Akvasto.

Allow me to disagree. Even if we assume crit builds for both Akvasto and Akmagnus, the latter will still have a huge downside of a 3.0 second reload, and again, recoil (which isn't just a usability issue, it's an artificial strain on your mental effort, and an artificial reduction to effective fire-rate, resulting in practical DPS loss).

As for D Toxycist, I don't think it's even in the same league. It relies on a gimmicky mechanic to start feeling like Akvasto for several seconds, and the mechanic relies on your knowing and being able to identify and consistently hit "head" of enemies, which is far from 100% achievable in Warframe's chaotic environment. It's held back by its own gimmicks, which is a bummer, because I love how D-Tox look.

Akvasto is hands-down one of the best secondaries in game, having almost no usability downsides and very respectable damage. It's only real hindrance is not a downside, but an absence of a feature - a syndicate proc. This is why something like Vaykor Marelok may be preferable for harder missions, but otherwise I never regretted putting 6 forma into it.

Spoiler

4oBZhv1.jpg

8 minutes ago, Helleborr said:

Biggest difference between Akvasto and Vasto P is recoil. Yep, Vasto P has a lot of recoil, and therefore has more in common with Lex P than Akvasto. Akvasto has almost no recoil at all, allowing quick folow-up shots without the mental effort of re-aiming the weapon.

Allow me to disagree. Even if we assume crit builds for both Akvasto and Akmagnus, the latter will still have a huge downside of a 3.0 second reload, and again, recoil (which isn't just a usability issue, it's an artificial strain on your mental effort, and an artificial reduction to effective fire-rate, resulting in practical DPS loss).

As for D Toxycist, I don't think it's even in the same league. It relies on a gimmicky mechanic to start feeling like Akvasto for several seconds, and the mechanic relies on your knowing and being able to identify and consistently hit "head" of enemies, which is far from 100% achievable in Warframe's chaotic environment. It's held back by its own gimmicks, which is a bummer, because I love how D-Tox look.

Akvasto is hands-down one of the best secondaries in game, having almost no usability downsides and very respectable damage. It's only real hindrance is not a downside, but an absence of a feature - a syndicate proc. This is why something like Vaykor Marelok may be preferable for harder missions, but otherwise I never regretted putting 6 forma into it.

Hide contents

4oBZhv1.jpg

Nope, even considering reload speed, AkMagnus still pull far ahead of AkVasto in term of sustained dps, expesially when primed mods show bias toward crit builds. If you bring headshot into calculation, AkMagnus pulls even further.

Dual Toxocyst is the tricky part, I don't know it's firerate on headshot of this gun making calculating sustained dps to be just an assumtion, but I'm pretty sure it's the best dual pistol I've handled. Just my feeling tho.