Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Teacher Can't Teach

Ibro156

Year one game design student. My teach wanted the class to learn how to use the basic of Maya, but he told not shown. I had to search it up on YouTube. Samething happened when learning about Unreal 4, Gamemaker and etc. At this point am pretty much self taught :/ Here I what I made in 10 minutes

Spoiler

Image:

Spoiler

3myg8pT.jpg

Video:

Spoiler

And when he does try to teach, he struggles himself. I swear, I have the most useless teacher in the college -_-

Edited by Ibro156

I had an art teacher like that.  He flat out told me that he couldn't think of any other way to explain a vanishing point to me and walked off.

He even got upset when I withdrew from his class. : /  Didn't like it when I said that if he couldn't teach me, I wasn't going to pay hundreds of dollars to sit and not learn. 

My Thermodynamics teacher was just like that, but we actually spoke to him and told him we did not like his way of teaching and is actually improving. Have you tried that?

PS: share your maya tutorials :P

As a computer science student and occasional Blender user I have nothing useful to say about Maya. Other than it's bloody expensive.

As for the bad teacher, see if you can attend a different section if all else fails. It may vary from place to place but at my uni they tend to be pretty lax about going to other sections, assuming there's room.