The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

8GB RAM PC running 10-15 fps?? Help please :(

Boydkarrys

Question

I dont know much of pc`s but mine is decently new (has like 1 year old) and it is a Pavilion touchscreen with 8gb RAM. And it runs really bad. 15 fps looks really bad. Is it normal for my pc to run this bad or do i have to erase some stuff?

(note: i have a lot of software: maya, sculptris, mudbox, Unreal Engine)

Is there a way to fix this terrible speed? Or buy something that speeds it up?

10 answers to this question

There is more to the performance of a game than just your RAM -- for gaming having lots of RAM really isn't that important in favor of having a good graphics card and CPU. In all likelyhood while your Pavilion computer may have a decent amount of RAM, it's default GPU and CPU aren't designed with gaming in mind at all.

first You should turn down the settings ingame and then you might try to improve performance by changing your general graphic settings (for example with nvidia control center).

Also, have you tryed to clean your PC? I use a laptop myself and almost dubbled FPS by just going over it with a vacuum cleaner.

17 minutes ago, Dawn11715 said:

first You should turn down the settings ingame and then you might try to improve performance by changing your general graphic settings (for example with nvidia control center).

Also, have you tryed to clean your PC? I use a laptop myself and almost dubbled FPS by just going over it with a vacuum cleaner.

My game settings are at minimum (on display menu). All turned off and low. And still... If my pc isnt for warframe, is there anything i could buy to make it faster? How much would it cost? And how do i clean my pc?

7 minutes ago, Boydkarrys said:

My game settings are at minimum (on display menu). All turned off and low. And still... If my pc isnt for warframe, is there anything i could buy to make it faster? How much would it cost? And how do i clean my pc?

Do you have a laptop or desktop? What're the specs? Are you drivers updated?

When people ask for specs it means what CPU (Processor), GPU (Graphics Card), amount of RAM and what OS (Operating System) you are using. Here is a link with info to find that info: http://www.simplehow.tips/a/44/how-to-view-system-information-on-windows10

Drivers are a piece of software that helps you hardware 'talk' to each other and the OS, you will have drivers for your graphics card, sound card and for several other components in you system. Generally for gaming though, it will just boil down to having your graphics card up to date. Find out what card you have from the system info above, then got to either AMD or NVIDIA and download the latest driver for that graphics card.

There is a chance that you don't have a graphics card but have integrated graphics on your Motherboard, these are crap for gaming, and investing in a GPU will help ALOT. But no-one can really give any suggestions until you tell us your system specs.

If you're still unsure you could post a link to where you bought your PC, as the specs will be available there too.

Edited by Shifty_Shuffler

RAM determines the ammount of things you can load at the same time, more doesn't mean faster.

In short, the content from your hard drive or ssd will be loaded to the RAM , if you use all of it then your PC will do what's called as "swap" (will use slower components to store the info, like hard drives), that may indeed decrease performance when loading areas in warframe, however if you are not using the 8 GB of ram then the performance issue might be either CPU or GPU.

Knowing the specs of the pc would be good.

Edited by KIREEKPSO