The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it possible to have two account run simultaneously?

Kadishia

Question

Hello everyone!

I am building a very powerful computer setup. I am wondering if I am able to run two account for me and my sister to play warframe on medium-high settings. I'm currently planning to have it hooked up through steam link machine to my TV. I don't know if it one account per IP address that will conflict with one another or some sort of thing? If so would I have to setup a VPN for one of us in order to play simultaneously or build another computer.

Been gone a while though but still supporting warframe with love!

Edited by Prismcore
Changing the title

9 answers to this question

I'm  moderately sure that the launcher won't run properly if an instance of the Evolution Engine is already running on the computer.

Very importantly, if you run multiple accounts from the same IP you need to be very, very careful to keep interaction between the two accounts at a minimum. Playing with each other is probably fine. But other interactions, like if you and your sister trade mods or plat with each other, for instance, will trigger a flag on DE's end and probably get you both banned.

Edited by DrFail

I can confirm, that you can very well have two accounts on one PC, though I never ran two instances of WF at the same time :)

IP won't be an issue neither, since I also ran WF on two machines, that were connected to the same modem. My only concern would be your graphics card, but if you think, the hardware won't be a problem, I'm relative certain, you won't run into issues.

46 minutes ago, DrFail said:

I'm  moderately sure that the launcher won't run properly if an instance of the Evolution Engine is already running on the computer.

Very importantly, if you run multiple accounts from the same IP you need to be very, very careful to keep interaction between the two accounts at a minimum. Playing with each other is probably fine. But other interactions, like if you and your sister trade mods or plat with each other, for instance, will trigger a flag on DE's end and probably get you both banned.

I do understand that part. Keeping the account interaction at minimal would be best. I ran into conflict with previous games that wouldn't allowed multiple account running due to one IP per account.

Edited by Prismcore

Use a sandbox, I never used one personnally so I don't know how, but I saw my brother do and run 2 guild wars 2 at the same time. You should be able to find one if you just search "sandbox program", as always be careful for virus and co but I don't think I need to warn you about that.

As other have mentioned, be careful with trading. But not all same IP trading get banned, flagged only mean your being watch. So if you want to trade or give her a few items, watch out for few tips:

-Do not trade event/limited only item or sortie item to a lesser degree, using multiple account to gain more of a limited item is ban-able.

-Be careful with platinum involved trading, I'm saying this because I have absolutely no idea what's the policy same IP plat trade.

As my last recommendation, send a private message to a staff member or send in a support ticket to inquire about what is OK and NOT when 2 account on the same IP interact. Then save the official answer, if you ever get banned for false reason, send in a support ticket and you should be fine, though it might take sometime.

Edited by Vantooth