The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Sargas Ruk Help

(PSN)MelodiousMelody

Question

Still kind of new, and mostly play solo, but I've hit a bit of an impasse with General Sargas Ruk on Saturn. I realize I have shoot these "weak points" when they arise on one of his arms, problem is I can't see precisely where the target it. I assume it's the highlighted by the blue light he emits, but it shines so bright I can't see a darn thing; between it and the shine of the fire it's hard to see in general. I can't get behind him, because of his fire and when I can manage I have three of his bodyguards to fight with.

Between the glare and not being able to get near him, I can't beat this fairly straightforward boss.

Any recommendations?

9 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Trichouette said:

First > his left shoulder (I think it's left ?)

Second > his belly

Third > his back

You can try to take a high burst weapon and aim carefuly or just a rifle and shoot on the blue spot as much as you can.

I see the glow on his shoulder, but that was it. I'll definitely keep an eye out for his other points as well, thanks!

I'm a terrible aim which doesn't help matters.

Yeah, you can do it alone bit more fun and less pressure with a squad. I did the boss at least 70 times this weekend farming for Orokin Cells and used my Rhino Prime. Went straight in till I could see his nose hairs and shot him with my Tonkor. They don't last long  with a team and makes things easy. 

Do a recruit before you go, lots of players will help you get past a boss. Good luck

31 minutes ago, (PS4)MelodiousMelody said:

I see the glow on his shoulder, but that was it. I'll definitely keep an eye out for his other points as well, thanks!

I'm a terrible aim which doesn't help matters.

At the begining, his shoulder will glow blue after a while, you have to shoot that point while it's blue & open, until he reaches 2/3 of his HP he'll have the same attacks & weakspot.

Once he reaches the 2/3 of his HP, he'll get a new attack (the giant wall of fire) added to the others and will start opening his belly armor from time to time (it'll be blue when open).

Once he reaches the 1/3 of his HP, he'll get another new attack added, it's the one that makes him plant his cannon into the ground and emit pillars of fire. At this stage his back armor will be open.

If you're solo you'll have to wait for him to recast this attack to get the time to shoot in his back.

On 3/15/2016 at 8:18 PM, Trichouette said:

At the begining, his shoulder will glow blue after a while, you have to shoot that point while it's blue & open, until he reaches 2/3 of his HP he'll have the same attacks & weakspot.

Once he reaches the 2/3 of his HP, he'll get a new attack (the giant wall of fire) added to the others and will start opening his belly armor from time to time (it'll be blue when open).

Once he reaches the 1/3 of his HP, he'll get another new attack added, it's the one that makes him plant his cannon into the ground and emit pillars of fire. At this stage his back armor will be open.

If you're solo you'll have to wait for him to recast this attack to get the time to shoot in his back.

I got him down to his third phase and then I ran out of ammo and none of the enemies were dropping the ammo I required, go figure.

I beat him the other day with a squad.

Thanks for the response though.
:)