Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FIRST PERSON MODE? MAYBE?

(XBOX)XenoSyncXD

Question

I believe that their should be a first person mode because first of all everything becomes a zillion times better when its in first person. Imagine absolutely shredding infected behind a some dual daggers and doing those sick combos all in first person or fighting off by the skin of you teeth blocking and fighting off for your life or doing that slo-mo thingy over a bunch of enemies down below you in a canyon, just spray'n and praying. Warframe will grow a lot, that is already there, but to be looking right at stalker while trading slashes of you sword the epicness is unresistable in advertisement. I'm not saying get rid of 3rd person just make first person an option. The second reason is people who aren't use to 3rd person can have that option to. Epic scenes + less learning curve= amazing game. The rest of the game is there just that mechanic!

This is just another example of why we need a thing somewhere near the top called "Frequently Asked Questions and Concerns" so we can lob this kind of thing in there with people asking to bring back Excalibur prime and people asking for both gender frames and all the other things that just need a quick no before its asked again for the millionth time. 

As cool as it would be in some instances it would just not be possible to play Warframe in First Person. Warframe is all about running, jumping flipping and combining melee and ranged combat. As many have said before just imagine trying to shred infested as you say and trying to focust your attacks while your warframe is spinning around with its staff for example. Or trying to traverse Orokin strucktures in first person as your tasked to wall jump from one wall to the other, avoid lazers, dont forget that to do this your warframe flips around.

It would need too much effort for something that would end up being harmfull for the player.

I don't think first person would suit Warframe given the reasons people have stated.

However, in defense of first person, it is my preference in other games. Fallout, Skyrim, shooters and any game that supports first person. I feel a greater connection to the character I'm playing when in first person. and you tend to notice a lot more detail and minutae.

For me, gaming in first person is a much more rewarding and immersive experience. It just resonates with me more than third person.

I don't understand why people think that in first person camera have to he hard sticked to head and be subjected to all the flips and shake. Just... why?

1 hour ago, JSharpie said:

Why do people love First Person points of view where they don't belong? Even games like Skyrim are mainly garbage in FP.

Consider that TES is meant to be first person game. Developers added third person option just for fun.

That said, Bethesda added third person view because it was easy to do. They alrdeady had all the models and animations. 3-rd person to 1-st person conversion is much harder to do. You need to adjust all the movement, you need to create hi-poly weapon models and personalized animations for each of them. So, even though many of us would love to have this option, I doubt DE will ever be ready to spend extra resourses on this. They are more occupied by digging power creep hole they made.

Edited by Repligon

i doubt it would fit either plus "tunnel vision" is too restrictive as in games it is not true "first person". also as millbrookwest posted you would get sick from all the spinning.

as for me personally i feel it detracts from the games and it loses immersion. i am playing a character in a game, i am controlling their actions so i should seen them in action.

i know some swear by it is not for everyone.

Edited by (PS4)DarkHarmonixer

4 hours ago, Trichouette said:

It was already asked countless times, devs already said no.

End of the topic =/

Can you provide the quote where they said that?

I hear a lot of people saying it, and no one provides proof.