The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War build - Heavy Trauma, single element or dual element

KBurn85

Question

I'm building war now, and just wondering which is the best build out of these 3:

Heavy Trauma: Looks good to me, except there's no element to proc. Heat element seems good, as it stops enemies from doing anything when it procs.

http://goo.gl/of4Fr8

Single Element: I'll probably use heat. This seems the most balanced out of the 3, but least damage.

http://goo.gl/c3vxJO

Dual Element: Corrosive is sweet, but critical rate is lower, so blood rush won't trigger as often, along with other problems. My least preferred option

http://goo.gl/OfZmUy

Warframe I'm using is Ash Prime, so Body Count is mandatory. Other stuff is to buff crit, also useful when I get Naramon Shadow Step. Life strike is mandatory too.

Thoughts?

Edited by KBurn85

10 answers to this question

you didn't hit the details button, did you?....the dual elements build are the strongest of the 3 builds currently listed due to elemental advantage over enemy types when matched up properly.

14 hours ago, KBurn85 said:

Dual Element: Corrosive is sweet, but critical rate is lower, so blood rush won't trigger as often, along with other problems. My least preferred option

bruh....blood rush increases crit chance every time your combo counter goes up. by the time you're at the 1.5x and 2x multiplier you're already critting plenty enough to sustain berserker. Hek, before blood rush, people could use a crit build on the war without true steel and STILL build berserker up to max....

Note: If you replaced True Steel with Molten Impact in the Primed Heavy Trauma build, you'd do more damage to bombards/napalms/corrupted bombards, elite lancers, corrupted lancers and standard infested units than with the Dual Element (Corrosive) build. HOWEVER, the Dual Element build will still outdamage it vs Heavy Gunners, standard lancers, melee grineer units (including corrupted butchers), and Ancients. The main enemies that'll be an issue in the Void late game are Heavy Gunners, Bombards, and Ancients with heavy gunners and ancients showing up at a higher frequency compared to bombards. If you were in a team where they all carried corrosive projection, then you'd change the combo to be something like viral so you could get a better bonus vs flesh since all the armored units would have no armor due to 4 corrosive projections. With the decent status, chance you'd also have a fair chance of halving the enemy's max hp from a viral proc in that situation, thus increasing potential damage output

This is pretty much my build currently on my War -> http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_Weapons/Builder/War/t_30_002003004_224-4-5-226-3-5-239-6-5-240-1-3-247-0-5-486-5-10-494-8-3-625-7-5-637-2-10_247-9-240-7-637-7-226-9-224-9-486-6-239-9-625-9-494-10/en/4-0-93/0

All Mods are Maxed :

Pressure Point

Spoiled Strike

Blood Rush 

Berserker

True Steel

Primed Heavy Trauma

Organ Shatter

Body Count

Starting out slow with an attack speed of 0.734, but once racked up you`d get 1.284, which is more than sufficient (In my opinion). You can swap out that primed heavy trauma (or Spoiled Strike, for that little attack speed boost) for any elemental mods, depends on the faction you`re fighting. I`m going solely on Primed Heavy Trauma is because once I hit the 2X combo, I`m pretty much dealing around 10,000-20,000 (red crits), at that damage, elemental disadvantages make very little difference. But out of all, Blood Rush and Body Count is a must have mod on War for the max damage potential.

Edited by N3V3RB3LIEV3

The War is sometimes a difficult weapon to build. It does a lot of damage but it is predominant in impact. The lesser of liked by slash and puncture. For me on corpus I definitely use Primed heavy trauma because it impact does bonus damage on shields. This making me expand my build a bit further by not using magnetic and instead using viral and radiation. Grineer and infested are different though because they don't have shields. But the weapon is predominant in impact so increasing the impact on the War would also increase it's based damage. The status chance on the War is pretty good too so a dual stat build is pretty viable. At the end of the day you choosing heavy trauma isn't as bad but taking advantage of that status isn't bad as well. I would definitely try to incorporate them together to  have a killer build

3 minutes ago, (XB1)TheGoldenMedal said:

The War is sometimes a difficult weapon to build. It does a lot of damage but it is predominant in impact. The lesser of liked by slash and puncture. For me on corpus I definitely use Primed heavy trauma because it impact does bonus damage on shields. This making me expand my build a bit further by not using magnetic and instead using viral and radiation. Grineer and infested are different though because they don't have shields. But the weapon is predominant in impact so increasing the impact on the War would also increase it's based damage. The status chance on the War is pretty good too so a dual stat build is pretty viable. At the end of the day you choosing heavy trauma isn't as bad but taking advantage of that status isn't bad as well. I would definitely try to incorporate them together to  have a killer build

Yep, modding your War based on the faction you`re up against is the best way to go. Promising optimal damage output.

3 hours ago, (XB1)TheGoldenMedal said:

See normally i would agree 100% with you but i'm torn completely on impact damage stacking. I have primed heavy trauma maxed out and the 120% impact mod (forgot the name) to boot. I thought about using both on my war for the same reason but corpus is the only finicky faction where you can just stack pure toxin damage and 100% bypass their shields and hit their tiny health pool instead. For this reason alone i'm kind of torn....I feel like i got 2 great mods that are useless for an entire damage type because of this fact.

Well impact deal -25% to cloned flesh (no armor grineer), and -25% to flesh (corpus crewman, etc). Otherwise it's +25% to machinery (rollers and other grineer robots) and +50/15% to shield and proto shield respectively. No resist or weakness for the infested.

So just to be sure to give factual information I jumped into simulacrum and hit a level 1 lancer, with an unmodded/unranked/no stance War.

Criticals dealt : 172

Nomral hits dealt : 86

A lancer has 100 armor or 25% damage reduction, 86/0.75=114.6-

So my war before armor reduction dealth 115 (114.6 rounded up) damage

So after I figured out that ALL weakness and resistance for BOTH ferrite armor and cloned flesh applied, which not so many people since to know and god knows I didn't before now. I applied to respective weakness and resistance to IPS.

Slash: Cloned = +25% ferrite -15% = +10%

Puncture: Ferrite +50%

Impact: Cloned -25%

(yes I skipped the formula to find the value of each % I believe anyone playing this game can do it)

S: 24.5+2.45= 26.95

P: 3.5+1.75 = 5.25

I: 112-28= 84

Added together and we get 116.2 but as I don't know how exactly the game handle decimals and that we had a value of ~115 and if we round down the decimals before addition we get ~115 this can be seen as correct since we the decimal factor AND the actual value showed by the game for the same hit without armor which would provide the exact target value.

But yes since the total damage after resistance and weakness more or less match the value before armor reduction, we know that all health types applies at the same time.

Knowing that all grineer/some corrupted units has cloned flesh and while there is a bonus to shield, once the shield is gone it becomes a minus (flesh). While infested doesn't give a damn about impact, it always hit just as hard. Which mean Impact is better against corpus and infested, but is still usable against grineer if you were to mod for impact I believe primed heavy impact would give enough damage boost for the resistance to not matter so much, while the 120% efficiency is arguable. I personally wouldn't bother with +90% at all, against any faction.

After the previous wall of text, I would recommend primed heavy trauma at all time if you don't care about absolute damage maximization else switch in something else for grineer.

As a sidenote, while toxin is very strong against the corpus faction it does have a -25% against robotics which encompass the majority of the faction while all units possess shields making impact always valuable.

Edited by Vantooth

My short suggestion:

Full impact(collision force + p heavy trauma) if you have the means to open up the enemies for finishers. Otherwise - corrosive without impact mods. True Steel is unnecessary as Blood Rush outperforms it easily. And finally, Organ shatter goes with corrosive build, but can be replaced by Fury, Finishing Touch or any other situational mod depending on necessity.