The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help with Valkyr build

LemonEnterprise

Question

I really enjoy the idea of melee so i picked up excalibur and valkyr i have fully modded my excalibur and i am left with valkyr now. I hope someone can show me a build for long runs and high level contents!(Including sorties) And can you explain why you mod her this way and how to play her with her unique playstyle :) Thanks in advance!!

25 answers to this question

Duration (narrow minded, constitution, Primed flow) + Power strength (intensify, transient fortitude, Blind rage) build. Bonus points for having vitality and steel fiber on. Steel charge is probably the best aura IMO. With enough duration, you can counter the efficiency drain from blind rage and transient fortitude when hysteria is up. You can swap out one of those mods for rage, so you can do hysteria when you run out of energy accidentally.

Melee weapon should be built for crit, since her hysteria crits like 50% of the time BASE. Then bring appropriate elements for the appropriate faction. Bonus points if you have naramon +crit passive (shadow step is optional).

Personally, Valkyr is pretty okay, being able to become invulnerable and gain health from killing enemies. Can go do sorties with minimal problems, BUT only for a specific faction (grineer). Corpus nullifies your hysteria pretty much most of the time, and the bursas make things worse. The infested love their energy leeches, damage reduction (healer), and disruptors in general. Voids are a bit more bearable, since nullifiers seem to be the only problem.

If you plan to go full hysteria, get someone who can pop bubbles or kill priority targets quickly, otherwise get a good weapon loadout to supplement your problems.

Here we go with a Vid showing the rip Down of 5 Heavy Units lvl 105 by finishers.  I Stopped the time and it was 16 seconds from the First hit to the last hit for all 5 of them.

Cant consider this even slightly Slow or bad or what ever.

And for the Aura-Question i stick with my Conclusion : Solo Nope, Team Yes.

Edited by Cruelitas

15 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

Steel charge is probably the best aura IMO.

Not if you're fighting bombards above level 40 CP beats everything after that.

With Valkyr you either:

a) Go max efficiency and some duration to be a rvive-bot.

b) Build around Hysteria with enough strength to be sustainable.

or c) Build around War Cry + Eternal War with max strength and enough duration to keep War Cry up at all times and add some survivability through Vitality and Steel Fiber.

In addition, more info can be found here if you do not receive a satisfying answer in this thread: https://forums.warframe.com/search/?q=%22Valkyr+build%22&type=forums_topic&nodes=38&sortby=relevancy

What you should keep in mind is that Hysteria is affected by the mods in you melee weapon. If you go for Hysteria, you should consider using a melee weapon with the likes of Berserker on there. The stats of the weapon do not count though.

your Example of a lvl 40 Bombard is pretty unlucky, with right build Valkyrs Hysteria ripps even lvl 100 Bombards into Shreds and if she cant rips it appart in a few hits there is still the rest of her Kit to make it happen. Lvl 150 Bombard to tanky? press 1 to get him to your feets and do Ground-Finisher(Damage 16X but still normal damage tho) lvl 200-300 Bombard to Tanky? press 3 when you are close by or use the 2 integrated combos to open him for Finishers(32x Damage AND Finisher Damage eg ignores Armor).

As long as you dont intend to take CP to help your Team its not nessary.

Edited by Cruelitas

29 minutes ago, Cruelitas said:

your Example of a lvl 40 Bombard is pretty unlucky, with right build Valkyrs Hysteria ripps even lvl 100 Bombards into Shreds and if she cant rips it appart in a few hits there is still the rest of her Kit to make it happen. Lvl 150 Bombard to tanky? press 1 to get him to your feets and do Ground-Finisher(Damage 16X but still normal damage tho) lvl 200-300 Bombard to Tanky? press 3 when you are close by or use the 2 integrated combos to open him for Finishers(32x Damage AND Finisher Damage eg ignores Armor).

As long as you dont intend to take CP to help your Team its not nessary.

First of all, at no point I said it was necessary, sure you can get by with a Steel Charge,  Secondly, Steel Charge doesn't affect finishers or ground finishers. Thirdly, prompting finishers takes more time and or energy than basic attacks and CP provides longer window where you are not required to prompt finishers consistently versus high armor enemies. In conclusion CP provides damage output in the long run and outperforms Steel Charge.

49 minutes ago, Zyrgi said:

First of all, at no point I said it was necessary, sure you can get by with a Steel Charge,  Secondly, Steel Charge doesn't affect finishers or ground finishers. Thirdly, prompting finishers takes more time and or energy than basic attacks and CP provides longer window where you are not required to prompt finishers consistently versus high armor enemies. In conclusion CP provides damage output in the long run and outperforms Steel Charge.

uhm indeed Steel Charge does! A Groundfinisher is 16 X your normal Damage and a Finisher is 32x your normal Damage as Finisher Damage both get boosted by the higher Meleedamage Steel Charge provides.(ofc the Ground finisher would get boosted by CP too because its no finisher damage). Setting up and Killing a lvl 105 Heavy Gunner or Bombard takes about 1-2 sec dont known what you play but def no Valkyr vs enemys at lvl 100+.

Edited by Cruelitas

2 hours ago, p3z1 said:

Duration (narrow minded, constitution, Primed flow) + Power strength (intensify, transient fortitude, Blind rage) build. Bonus points for having vitality and steel fiber on. Steel charge is probably the best aura IMO. With enough duration, you can counter the efficiency drain from blind rage and transient fortitude when hysteria is up. You can swap out one of those mods for rage, so you can do hysteria when you run out of energy accidentally.

Melee weapon should be built for crit, since her hysteria crits like 50% of the time BASE. Then bring appropriate elements for the appropriate faction. Bonus points if you have naramon +crit passive (shadow step is optional).

Personally, Valkyr is pretty okay, being able to become invulnerable and gain health from killing enemies. Can go do sorties with minimal problems, BUT only for a specific faction (grineer). Corpus nullifies your hysteria pretty much most of the time, and the bursas make things worse. The infested love their energy leeches, damage reduction (healer), and disruptors in general. Voids are a bit more bearable, since nullifiers seem to be the only problem.

If you plan to go full hysteria, get someone who can pop bubbles or kill priority targets quickly, otherwise get a good weapon loadout to supplement your problems.

Does all of these need to be fully ranked? And thank you all for replying really helps me alot :D

Not exactly, since maxing out those mods could ruin your efficiency overall.

I am running R8 narrow minded, R7 Primed Continuity, R6 Transient Fortitude, R8 Steel Fiber and Vitality (yes, I am too lazy to max my mods). The rest are maxed. I don't personally like blind rage, due to higher energy costs, but if you can counteract it or have a trinity in the party, equip it if wanted.

20 minutes ago, Cruelitas said:

uhm indeed it Steel Charge does a Groundfinisher is 16 X your normal damage, a Finisher is 32x you Normal Damage as Finisher Damage both get boosted by the higher Meleedamage Steel Charge provides.(of the Ground finisher would get boosted by CP too because its no finisher damage). Setting up and Killing a lvl 105 Heavy Gunner or Bombard takes about 1-2 sec dont known what you play but def no Valkyr vs enemys at lvl 100+.

Where do you even get your finisher multiplier numbers? What kind of game are we talking about? Are you sure we are talking about the same game?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Melee_2.0#Ground_Finisher

18 minutes ago, Zyrgi said:

Where do you even get your finisher multiplier numbers? What kind of game are we talking about? Are you sure we are talking about the same game?

i was taking Stealth into Account since you do 8 X the damage so 400% Finisher damage* 8 =3200% or 32x Damage. So maybe i messed up something because i cant tell if you get the Stealth-Multipier or not if you run Naramon(you rly should) on Valkyr but the point stands that you said Steel Charge doesnt effekt the damage of Finishers which is plain Wrong. Same as you said setting up finshers would slow you down combard to just hitting.

Edited by Cruelitas

8 minutes ago, Cruelitas said:

but the point stands that you said Steel Charge doesnt effekt the damage of Finishers which is plain Wrong. Same as you said setting up finshers would slow you down combard to just hitting.

First of all, go to the simulacrum and test for yourself if Steel Charge affects finisher damage. Unlike you I don't spread misinformation without having it tested beforehand.

Secondly, If you take into account the casting time of an ability or the time it takes you to perform a jump attack at each heavy unit and the time it takes to perform a finisher animation, you're already killing enemies slower than you can activate life support in survival, losing all the points in an interception etc.

well didnt found the excat Multipliers but i found this : http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Melee_2.0#Finishers

on the very same page as you show to prove your point!

"Finisher attacks have custom animations, and deal a very high percentage of the equipped melee weapon's total damage as Finishing damage –a special form of damage of apart from the standard Damage Types. Heavier weapons tend to perform this action slower than lighter weapons.

Finisher attack damage is dependent on the type of melee weapon used: 1200% total melee weapon damage for daggers, dual daggers, polearms, and staves; 2400% total melee weapon damage for hammers; and 1600% total melee weapon damage for all other weapon types."

Seems like i messed some numbers up BUT : "The damage dealt by this attack can be increased by Finishing Touch, Banshee's Savage Silence, and Excalibur's Radiant Finish. As the weapon's total damage is accounted for, equipped mods (including critical chance and critical damage mods) will also affect the stealth attack's final damage. "

Means Steel Charge effect Finishers since its the TOTAL DAMAGE ACCOUNTING MODS!! and they deal 16X damage (since we use what is it? claws? Fist-Weapons?).

Edited by Cruelitas

40 minutes ago, Cruelitas said:

As the weapon's total damage is accounted for, equipped mods (including critical chance and critical damage mods) will also affect the stealth attack's final damage.

This line is talking about the weapon mods affecting the damage, which is entirely true(except Energy Channel and Channeling damage mods because channeling doesn't affect the damage dome when performing finisher). However it doesn't account for Steel Charge as it is an aura mod not a weapon mod.

38 minutes ago, Cruelitas said:

you want video prove?^^ fine i can do so if you want give me about 1 hour to upload since my internet isnt that fast :P

Well, If you care to spend your time proving yourself wrong, I sort of appreciate the effort you're putting in. I look forward to seeing the results. :)

Also noticed that this is turning into a discussion about finishers... All in all my point was CP brings marginally greater benefit than Steel charge for Valkyr.

Edited by Zyrgi

Well you said Finishers are to slow to deal with heavy units and i extremly disagree. Specialy about your point " secondly, If you take into account the casting time of an ability or the time it takes you to perform a jump attack at each heavy unit and the time it takes to perform a finisher animation, you're already killing enemies slower than you can activate life support in survival, losing all the points in an interception etc. ". I dont say CP doesnt have any use but it isnt rly what valkyr needs outside a team because in a Team 4 X Cp do help indeed a ton for your teammates.

And yeah i will make a video mainly about the point that finishers arent the way to deal with heavy units.

I run rage, so you can always cast hysteria, vitality, steel fiber, steel charge aura (I run CP on other frames, just not valkyr, so someone else is probably going to be using it) either way dont seem to have much issue killing lvl100 bursa's or anything else.power strength, efficiency or duration next, range last.

Bezerker and lifestrike on melee weapon, you can melee a lot of lvl100 content without using hysteria this way, from rage mod feeding lifestrike. Also running primed reach on melee allows you to kill nullifiers without leaving hysteria. 

I have a few formas on mine and some of the mods are hard to get, but rage + lifestrike is what makes her amazing.

Only downside to this is channeling in hysteria were rage won't work because you don't take damage. I just rarely channel in hysteria and bring enough strength to not have to 95% of the time. You can always do use 1 or 3 to set up for a finisher like above posters said.

eternal war is fun, but there is some sacrifice to fit that mod in.

2 hours ago, Zyrgi said:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Hysteria_(Stance) Check ground finisher. 1600% x 5

Also a finisher from Paralysis with Max Str can reach 800% damage multiplier.

Edited by Manyc
Mistake

14 minutes ago, Manyc said:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Hysteria_(Stance) Check ground finisher. 1600% x 5

Yes, 5 separate attacks with 1600% damage increase.

15 minutes ago, Manyc said:

Also a finisher from Paralysis with Max Str can reach 800% damage multiplier.

Where did you get that, exactly? Finisher attacks caused by Paralysis are not affected by power strength the same way Excalibur's Radial Blind works without Radiant Finish equipped.

1 minute ago, Zyrgi said:

Yes, 5 separate attacks with 1600% damage increase.

Still 16x dmg in 5 hits. So it's not a regular Ground Finisher, it's a boosted one.

1 minute ago, Zyrgi said:

Where did you get that, exactly? Finisher attacks caused by Paralysis are not affected by power strength the same way Excalibur's Radial Blind works without Radiant Finish equipped.

My mistake there, I forgot for a second that Paralysis deals damage. Edited.

It does however allow for a Counter Finisher and has a Stealth bonus of 8x damage.

29 minutes ago, Cruelitas said:

Lol lets see finishers on 5+ heavies without the godmode :] Youll get rekt before the first finisher get halfway through its animation. While you're right in it does tons of extra damage in actual non-godmode combat you will die.

Edited by rawr1254

1 hour ago, Cruelitas said:

Well you said Finishers are to slow to deal with heavy units and i extremly disagree. Specialy about your point " secondly, If you take into account the casting time of an ability or the time it takes you to perform a jump attack at each heavy unit and the time it takes to perform a finisher animation, you're already killing enemies slower than you can activate life support in survival, losing all the points in an interception etc. ". I dont say CP doesnt have any use but it isnt rly what valkyr needs outside a team because in a Team 4 X Cp do help indeed a ton for your teammates.

And yeah i will make a video mainly about the point that finishers arent the way to deal with heavy units.

God damn it! My argument was that CP over Steel Charge on Valkyr, because it provides marginally larger benefit with a reasoning that, because Steel Charge does not affect the damage of Finishers and neither does CP, It provides advantage when using regular attacks above level 40, below which the enemies are trivial. In addition, having a dash polarity and using CP benefits your whole team when playing in a squad regardless of what weapons your team is using. I simply said that finishers are slower than basic attacks. Sure, dealing finishers is excellent when dealing with enemies such as Bombards, but if you prompt finishers on non-heavy units it's a waste of time, here is why my argument about CP being more useful still stands, because some enemies can be dealt with without the necessity to prompt finishers.

1 hour ago, rawr1254 said:

Lol lets see finishers on 5+ heavies without the godmode :] Youll get rekt before the first finisher get halfway through its animation. While you're right in it does tons of extra damage in actual non-godmode combat you will die.

Uhm that would depend on the frame and since we talk about Valkyr is see no point in not using Hysteria. Besides that if you would try that as a Mag or Banshee, yes ofc you get rekt, but other frames can use Finishers too to wipe out heavys (Rhino, Wukong and Inaros to name a few)

1 hour ago, Zyrgi said:

God damn it! My argument was that CP over Steel Charge on Valkyr, because it provides marginally larger benefit with a reasoning that, because Steel Charge does not affect the damage of Finishers and neither does CP, It provides advantage when using regular attacks above level 40, below which the enemies are trivial. In addition, having a dash polarity and using CP benefits your whole team when playing in a squad regardless of what weapons your team is using. I simply said that finishers are slower than basic attacks. Sure, dealing finishers is excellent when dealing with enemies such as Bombards, but if you prompt finishers on non-heavy units it's a waste of time, here is why my argument about CP being more useful still stands, because some enemies can be dealt with without the necessity to prompt finishers.

Well and my point was CP in a Solo-Setup is not needed nor does it Provide you with any Advantage over Steel-Charge.As for Teamplay i allrdy said about 4 times or more that Cp works better because you support your Team with it. lvl 105(from today test simularcum) and even lvl 200(from experience actually playing 2h Survial T4) "Trash-Mobs" die to regular attacks no matter CP or Steel Charge thats no point and i never said that i would use finshers against them.

Edited by Cruelitas

13 hours ago, Cruelitas said:

Here we go with a Vid showing the rip Down of 5 Heavy Units lvl 105 by finishers.  I Stopped the time and it was 16 seconds from the First hit to the last hit for all 5 of them.

Let's just put this topic to rest as I don't seem to be in much of a disagreement with you:

What you demonstrated in the video you made(thanks for the effort, by the way) is that it takes roughly 16 seconds to deal with 5 heavies(3 seconds per heavy unit. Could be faster as finisher animation speeds are affected by attack speed etc.). That is still way too slow to matter in survivals (It's easier to run out of life support than die for Valkyr anyways). 

CP and Steel Charge in solo don't provide significantly different benefits, however, CP benefits team way more, which is another reason I'd suggest just slapping a forma on the aura slot so, whenever you're in a team, you don't have to worry about sacrificing mods because of mod capacity constraints. However, if you're low on forma or are just a new player, to whom the resources are more valuable, sure, you can get by with Steel Charge. In essence, I said that CP is better than Steel Charge(I never said that CP is necessary).

In conclusion, I would suggest changing the aura polarity and use CP if you have a spare forma, time etc, but staying with Steel Charge is very viable as you can change out to CP if you're playing in a team(however it might cause you to have to drop out a few mods). If I was a new player I'd probably stay with Steel Charge, simply because of how valuable Forma can be early on. But I still remain with the opinion that CP is better than Steel Charge, not by a lot, but still.

4 hours ago, Zyrgi said:

Let's just put this topic to rest as I don't seem to be in much of a disagreement with you:

What you demonstrated in the video you made(thanks for the effort, by the way) is that it takes roughly 16 seconds to deal with 5 heavies(3 seconds per heavy unit. Could be faster as finisher animation speeds are affected by attack speed etc.). That is still way too slow to matter in survivals (It's easier to run out of life support than die for Valkyr anyways). 

CP and Steel Charge in solo don't provide significantly different benefits, however, CP benefits team way more, which is another reason I'd suggest just slapping a forma on the aura slot so, whenever you're in a team, you don't have to worry about sacrificing mods because of mod capacity constraints. However, if you're low on forma or are just a new player, to whom the resources are more valuable, sure, you can get by with Steel Charge. In essence, I said that CP is better than Steel Charge(I never said that CP is necessary).

In conclusion, I would suggest changing the aura polarity and use CP if you have a spare forma, time etc, but staying with Steel Charge is very viable as you can change out to CP if you're playing in a team(however it might cause you to have to drop out a few mods). If I was a new player I'd probably stay with Steel Charge, simply because of how valuable Forma can be early on. But I still remain with the opinion that CP is better than Steel Charge, not by a lot, but still.

Well i think the main point our Disagreement is settled from is your definition of "to slow" when it comes to use finisher for heavy units. I never had any problems doing any Mission up to lvl 200+ enemies(ofc they only appeared in long time/wave/excavation based missions) with the Build im running. Killing Trash works perfectly even at this lvl and on Heavys Finisher can even be faster than just hitting because not every group you get 4 x cp or 3x cp+cooaction and also Finishers as Valkyr deal EXTREM amount of damage in a Short time (about 800k Finisher damage nearly wipes everything, which would net in 800k/ 3Sec = 266.7K per sec and so way higher than the normal attacks you could land in 3 sec) sooo at least for ME Finishers are the way to go if you rly need to deal with a Heavy. Why i said "if you rly need to deal with a heavy"? Well to take of your Example on of Survial...as Valkyr you can ignore Heavy units nearly entirely and just wipe out Trash units to get your lifesupport but sometimes you need to remove this 3 Heavy Gunner Eximi with Fire waves that constantly down your Teammate or simply bodyblocking a damn Door^^ and this is where finishers on rly high lvl start to clearly shine.

As for the Cp vs Steel Charge their isnt much to say about it anymore. If you consider using Valkyr in real Team very frequently (i dont because i see better options for a tanky Frame in a teamsetup) then Cp is the way to go because you dont lose much vs Steel Charge and help your team a ton.