The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Worst Drops

Anti-1337

14 hours ago, Sixty5 said:

If those are rare cores, I'd say worth. 

Better than a crappy Sheev part. 

Cores can be gotten anywhere, though. Those Sheev Parts? Nezha? Lenses? This is the only place to get them aside from Trade.

And the sheer abundance of core rewards is what gets to me. I swear the reward tables are skewed with the new checklist system, so that all duplicate rewards removed from your table are replaced by "25 Cores".

5 hours ago, DaftMeat said:

Cores can be gotten anywhere, though. Those Sheev Parts? Nezha? Lenses? This is the only place to get them aside from Trade.

And the sheer abundance of core rewards is what gets to me. I swear the reward tables are skewed with the new checklist system, so that all duplicate rewards removed from your table are replaced by "25 Cores".

Again, I'd rather have the cores. 

I miss super high drop rates of R5 packs in t4 

10 minutes ago, Sixty5 said:

Again, I'd rather have the cores. 

I miss super high drop rates of R5 packs in t4 

Yeah, but that's another problem entirely too. The rewards tables in general need a serious rework. There is no rhyme or reason why things are where they are.

I was always hoping for something like...

T1: Largely keys & Forma BPs, Main BPs (that tell you where other parts drop), some common drops.

T2: Some keys & Forma BPs, mostly common parts.

T3: Only T3 & T4 keys, some fully crafted Forma, uncommon parts.

T4: No keys no Forma, rare parts. Super hard high level enemies right away.

This is a quick outline and far from ideal (kinda broken, even). But it's showing planning that is sorely needed with rewards tables. This game would greatly benefit from an intuitive and branching structure for rewards.

Edited by DaftMeat

23 minutes ago, DaftMeat said:

Yeah, but that's another problem entirely too. The rewards tables in general need a serious rework. There is no rhyme or reason why things are where they are.

I was always hoping for something like...

T1: Largely keys & Forma BPs, Main BPs (that tell you where other parts drop), some common drops.

T2: Some keys & Forma BPs, mostly common parts.

T3: Only T3 & T4 keys, some fully crafted Forma, uncommon parts.

T4: No keys no Forma, rare parts. Super hard high level enemies right away.

This is a quick outline and far from ideal (kinda broken, even). But it's showing planning that is sorely needed with rewards tables. This game would greatly benefit from an intuitive and branching structure for rewards.

The thing is, how can a part be rare if it is a basic drop, regardless of the difficulty of the mission. 

Drop tables are really, really complicated.

57 minutes ago, Sixty5 said:

The thing is, how can a part be rare if it is a basic drop, regardless of the difficulty of the mission. 

Drop tables are really, really complicated.

Because it's still one rare out of some 100+ other rares so trying to get the one you want is difficult, but at least you get something of equal value instead of 1 core or a Forma BP. And the difficulty of the missions should be so much that for endless missions going beyond 5 waves/20 minutes for additional rares is a very risky gamble for all but the most die hard min/maxers.

Like I said, it's only a rough idea and not perfect by any means, but I don't want to derail this thread any further.