The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Ichor to Nami Skyla

zooke90909

Question

I'm finally switching to the Nami Skyla, after using the Dual Ichor for a long... long time. I haven't really tried to mod out any of my mastery fodder weapons that well, since I would always go back to my Ichor.

I was just wondering what a good build would be for it, and if it would require forma (Which I have only ever done to one melee weapon prior), or if I should just stick with my Ichor. Thanks!

13 answers to this question

there is no 'good' Mod Loadout for Nami Skyla.
just avoid it. completely inferior to the other Weapons in the Archetype in every single way.

if you do want to use it, since it has no Crits, and not very interesting Status, it's just going to be a maximum Elemental Damage Loadout.

As much as it pains me to say it, @taiiat is right. Nami Skyla isn't a flexible weapon that allows for complex builds, which is sad considering it goes so well with my Hydroid. That doesn't mean it isn't a viable weapon for mid-late game tho, it's just not gonna replace your dual Ichors, Zorens and Atterax. ^-^

8 minutes ago, taiiat said:

there is no 'good' Mod Loadout for Nami Skyla.
just avoid it. completely inferior to the other Weapons in the Archetype in every single way.

if you do want to use it, since it has no Crits, and not very interesting Status, it's just going to be a maximum Elemental Damage Loadout.

2 minutes ago, AntifaHooligan said:

As much as it pains me to say it, @taiiat is right. Nami Skyla isn't a flexible weapon that allows for complex builds, which is sad considering it goes so well with my Hydroid. That doesn't mean it isn't a viable weapon for mid-late game tho, it's just not gonna replace your dual Ichors, Zorens and Atterax. ^-^

Ah, okay then. Are there any good weapons, hopefully dual wield, that would replace my Dual Ichors? I love them to death, but they are starting to get stale. 

Just now, zooke90909 said:

Are there any good weapons, hopefully dual wield, that would replace my Dual Ichors?

you could replace with Zoren for a different take on the same thing :>

Dual Swords is pretty unique in it's style though, having Crits and good Attack Rates and such. no other Melee Archetype has all of those things at the same time in a dual fashion.

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

Dual Swords is pretty unique in it's style though, having Crits and good Attack Rates and such. no other Melee Archetype has all of those things at the same time in a dual fashion.

So if I want to stick with Dual weapons, and still have usable weapons for late-game, it is either the Ichor or Zoren?

8 minutes ago, taiiat said:

This ^
Besides Zorens, I don't think any other dual weapons come close to the Ichors, but there are options on other categories. The Atterax whip is a good example: Same crit chance and multiplier as the Zorens, a bit slower attack speed but the ability to clear a whole room in one swing with it's amazing range (let me know if you're interested, and I can share my personal crit build for the Atterax that works quite well against all enemy levels)

Edited by AntifaHooligan

48 minutes ago, AntifaHooligan said:

This ^
Besides Zorens, I don't think any other dual weapons come close to the Ichors, but there are options on other categories. The Atterax whip is a good example: Same crit chance and multiplier as the Zorens, a bit slower attack speed but the ability to clear a whole room in one swing with it's amazing range (let me know if you're interested, and I can share my personal crit build for the Atterax that works quite well against all enemy levels)

What are some other weapons in different categories that would be fun, and viable late game? Thanks a bunch for all this info too. I may have started before even Oxium was a thing, but I still don't know half the things I should XD

3 hours ago, zooke90909 said:

What are some other weapons in different categories that would be fun, and viable late game? Thanks a bunch for all this info too. I may have started before even Oxium was a thing, but I still don't know half the things I should XD

Don't worry, I've been playing this game since Closed beta and I still don't know a lot of stuff too. I literally just learned a week ago that frost can actually destroy his own bubbles with his 1st ability.......  >.<

Back on topic: Besides the more obvious options like the nikanas, Tipedo and Broken War there are some less popular melees that can defnitely be effective at endgame.
The Jat Kittag packs a lot of damage, although it does fall off at higher levels and it can't benefit much from crit builds or berserker. But I think it's best aspect is the utility on the ground attack. It has a large guaranteed knockback AoE that opens enemies to finishers and is surprisingly effective CC. And it's a lot of fun too.

The Mios is slowly gaining more popularity. If you throw in a Primed Reach and the right damage mods, it's an amazing crowd killer with a pull charge attack to knockdown those tougher targets.

The Redeemer is probably my favorite shotgun melee weapon in the game right now. It doesn't really behave like a true melee, so it might not be what you're looking for. Still, it's very flexible: You can use only it's charge attack while stowed for a quick finishing shot on tough enemies. Or you can use it as a shotgun and make it your main source of damage (it's actually better than the Hek, with the right build you can pull off 90k+ damage per pellet). Or you can use it as a melee, the combos are really good with the stance and offer a balanced amount of melee and ranged damage. 

Plenty of viable options out there, these are just the first that came to my mind. In the end, most weapons can be used versus higher level enemies, some just take more modding to perform. So just find something that you enjoy and forma the S#&amp;&#036; out of it practice until you find a build that is efective and to your tastes.

20 hours ago, zooke90909 said:

I'm finally switching to the Nami Skyla, after using the Dual Ichor for a long... long time. I haven't really tried to mod out any of my mastery fodder weapons that well, since I would always go back to my Ichor.

I was just wondering what a good build would be for it, and if it would require forma (Which I have only ever done to one melee weapon prior), or if I should just stick with my Ichor. Thanks!

Use the dual cleavers with their Justice blades syndicate mod. Frequent crits, much like the ichor, and a syndicate proc mod that boosts their base damage by 100%.

The only fix for your ichors getting old is DE finally getting around to putting out a new dual swords stance.  You can change the damage, crit and status numbers all you want but all the dual swords are all going to feel the same.

Thank god we have 8 nikana stances and 5 more for claws.  I'm sure claw stance #6 is in development, because you can never have too many of those.

Edited by (PS4)Agent_CHAR

22 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

The only fix for your ichors getting old is DE finally getting around to putting out a new dual swords stance.  You can change the damage, crit and status numbers all you want but all the dual swords are all going to feel the same.

Thank god we have 8 nikana stances and 5 more for claws.  I'm sure claw stance #6 is in development, because you can never have too many of those.

Amen. Way too many claw stances and not enough stances for other types of weapons. Dual swords have only crossing snakes (a sub-par stance at best) and swirling tiger (decent, but there is room for improvement).