Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Resolved] Content Server unavailable, Internet timed out. Failed to update.

-Ryuurei-

Edit Yaerion: The issues with the Launcher should be resolved now. We will still be monitoring further reports regarding it, but everything should be ok now. Please update this thread if not. Do not repost duplicate threads, thank you!

May the Void be favorable to you all, Tenno!

So yesterday I logged in, did some normal stuff ingame, logged off, did irl stuff and eventually came back. I click PLAY on Steam and my icon gets the green outline and everything, untill the warframe launcher just doesn't appear, and my green outline on my portrait on steam goes blue again. 1 re-install, steam restart and pc restart later, same issue persists, I've tried launchign it manually from my files, I've tried running it as administrator, I've checked wether or not some form of security is blocking it (there isn't to my knowledge) and all other games on steam still work fine. I have about an hour and 40 minutes left before my connection shuts down and I lose today's login. Can someone please tell me what's wrong and how to potentially fix this issue quickly?

Edited by Yaerion
Edited to add information and extend the title.

I cannot seem to log into my warframe account on my main pc. I recently went on a vacation where I played on a laptop computer and a friends computer while I was there. However when I got back home and decided I wanted to play I couldn't. The game just tells me that my info is incorrect and eventually tells me that I have tried too many times and to try logging in later. I don't know if this is a common problem in the newest warframe update but it defiantly stopping me from playing right now.  

Edited by Yaerion
I added the Megathread tag.

Hi I've had this problem for a few days now and it's getting really annoying,

whenever i open Warframe through steam the updater just sits telling me that it's "checking for updates" but it refuses to do anything and when i try and close it it becomes unresponsive and i have to kill it through the task manager.

I've tried verifying through the launcher but this also crashes it.

I've tried a fresh install but that's had no effect at all.

any other suggestions would be really helpful as i'm all out of ideas to solve this.

I'm having this same issue. It's honestly pretty aggravating playing and investing so much time into a game that has more bugs in it, than a bloody anteater.. Internet is fine. Uninstall/ Reinstall didn't fix it. Optimizing game cache didn't fix it. So what the flying fiddly блять do I do?

I've been having the same problem as well. Just that if i decide to wait out the 'Checking for Updates' the launcher would display the ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT.. It can't be my internet connection or firewall since there has been no changes to both since last night when i was able to play the game :\ Perhaps Warframe is having a maintenance ?

I'm getting this also - great way to spend my boosters and the last part of the double drop return.

My guess was spiteful DDoSing Corpus-types upset their precious Void mods were being devalued, but now? I don't know.

All I know right now is "LOGIN FAILED: CHECK YOUR INFO".

:(

8 hours ago, Xillik said:

Hi I've had this problem for a few days now and it's getting really annoying,

whenever i open Warframe through steam the updater just sits telling me that it's "checking for updates" but it refuses to do anything and when i try and close it it becomes unresponsive and i have to kill it through the task manager.

I've tried verifying through the launcher but this also crashes it.

I've tried a fresh install but that's had no effect at all.

any other suggestions would be really helpful as i'm all out of ideas to solve this.

I had this same issue (I think) a few days ago. The launcher instantly crashed/became unresponsive when checking for updates, but I discovered that it was only when trying to use the 64-bit executable. 32-bit worked fine, but I wanted x64!

So I ran the x64 executable by itself, and it gave me an error relating to the dll from the VCRedist 2012 x64 package in system32. What I did was delete the file, then redownload the vcredist exe for the correct year, then chose the repair option, which replaced the dll and allowed me to get in game.

Unfortunately, https://deathsnacks.com/wf/status.html is broke, so we can't know for sure if  the servers are just down. Given the fact that there are MANY people failing to update to the servers, they are more than likely down. Another possibility is DDOSing again, but seeing as how there is NO connection that isn't likely.

Either way: No servers = no Warfarming = no happiness... Cri. 

Yeah, I can't connect right now either. I was playing earlier today just fine. I haven't been able to even "check for updates" for about an hour. People are also posting in "general" about they can't get rewards because the "can't update account information" bug. So I guess even if we could log in, we couldn't do any missions anyways. ARGH

Eastern US servers, Time Warner Cable, Kentucky.

1 minute ago, Korstmahler said:

There's now a Catalyst alert up.

I figure it's picking at random what to reward for alerts, but seriously? This is pain-icing on the error-cake.

Not been able to log in since yesterday...

I logged in just fine a few hours ago. but now im stuck at the updating screen like everyone else

Hi, 

I also have the same problem happened to me too and it is for hours now. and it also tells me and say "checking update and after while it displays "the ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT" I used to play the game the whole day today but I took break and return again from few hours, it did not work. I do not know what to d to fix that problem. Please help.

same here all i want to do is play...

hey dev can i get that  Catalyst anyway since i would have done the mission anyway?

along with what ever I would have gotten if I could have played for the last 3-4 hours I have been stuck.

oh ya and my friend is playing the game right now so now I really don't know what is going on.

trying to reinstall now.

PLEASE GOD MAKE IT WORK!

Hi there,

also having the exact same issue

" Update failed! The content servers are temporarily unavailable.
ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT The update will be restarted shortly.."

was perfectly fine 8 hours ago