The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's a good primary for high level enemies?

moldypizza

Question

7 answers to this question

Both of those are very endgame viable. Dread possibly being a top 5 endgame primary. Others to take a look at are the obvious regulars: Boltor Prime, Soma Prime, Veykor/Hek, Sancti Tigris, Synoid Simulor, Rakta Cernos, Braton Prime and Paris Prime are all great options. You also have the tonkor, it's not as easy to hit stuff; but the stuff you do hit will die. 

Edited by (PS4)jFresh215

Depending on your aim and modding of your weapon. Sniper weapons will do great thanks to the shot combo. Believe me. Level 70 grineer ain't going to have a good day to wake up for when feeling a 12 shot combo round on head by a well modded sniper rifle.

Soma Prime, Paris Prime, Dread, Tonkor, Sancti Tigris, Vaykor Hek, Synoid Simulor, Boltor Prime...uhhg many many more I can't remember

Personally my "everything level 150 or lower will die quick" set up is this one:

Tonkor

Lex Prime

Mios

Edited by Domaik

I'm gonna be different and suggest the Opticor..
Forma'd properly it will murder anything..
And if you manage to run out of ammo you are doing something horribly wrong

but the weapons suggested by jFresh are also a good option

Edited by BaIthazar

A 3 Forma Dread will take you into endgame. The mods you add will get you through it.

While the same can be said of any of the weapons that @jFresh215 mentioned, some can take as many as 5-6 Forma.

Also, don't simply rely on weapons - look into synergy with your squadmates starting out with making sure that everyone is running an aura mod that works best against the enemies you're facing (ie. Corrosive Projection in Void and against Grineer).