Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daikyu and Rakta Cernos unpopular opinion

DarthJundar

6 hours ago, Zardbooster said:

After extensive tests and research, my data still shows that Panthera is utter garbage (yes i put 6 forma on it to try and get it to work, just somewhat).

Just felt like pointing it out, feel free to ignore this comment otherwise.

Panthera alt fire with volt shield makes it fun to use.

honestly, I want to like the Daikyu more, but the slow RoF and limited hold time are deal breakers. as a Longbow with a far heavier Draw weight, it should be launching Arrows at a far greater velocity, and doing more Raw damage than the other Bows. it should be the heavy-hitter of bows: slower than normal, but hits like a truck.

the Rakta Cernos for me is on par with the Dread, mainly because I love fast Bows and the R.Cernos is.. well, pretty fast lol. I was dreading it at first(pun intended), because I hated the original Cernos, but Red Veil know what they're doing when it comes to Bows. I don't run Crit Deceleration on it, just Crit and status, and it does just fine.

not a fan of the Paris Prime, as it sounds like it's Spitting Phlegm when firing, and it looks like someone made a Bow from an Orokin Toilet Seat. 

Really? people are actually running around with crit decel on the rakta cernos? My build is almost exactly the same as the OP only i run argon scope and bladed rounds instead of hammer shot and 3rd element. However that build is what I used to run before the new mods

On March 22, 2016 at 4:19 AM, (XB1)oChaotical said:

I used the Daikyu as my main bow until I picked up the Paris. I knew going in that it'd fall short, purely from what I'd read about it. Modding it and putting forma into it did improve it, but it really doesn't do late game as effectively as the others do, speaking from my own experience with it. I wouldn't call it utter garbage, but I wouldn't hail it as an awesome bow, either.

That being said, I'm glad you found a build you enjoy. I heard kind of similar talk about the Anku a while back, and that's by far my favorite melee weapon in the game now that I found the right mods and elemental damage type for it. Well. Until I get my hands on Hate. But... y'know the Stalker. He's a fickle, fickle, wallnut. Anku did a good job of whittling his health down to 1/4 before I messed up my stride and got myself killed. XD

So to summarize -- Daikyu isn't utter garbage, but it's not the most useful thing either. It sits there in the middle. 

I respect what you say

bup my build can kill a level 110 corrupted heavy gunner in 2 head shots 

On March 22, 2016 at 7:31 AM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

honestly, I want to like the Daikyu more, but the slow RoF and limited hold time are deal breakers. as a Longbow with a far heavier Draw weight, it should be launching Arrows at a far greater velocity, and doing more Raw damage than the other Bows. it should be the heavy-hitter of bows: slower than normal, but hits like a truck.

the Rakta Cernos for me is on par with the Dread, mainly because I love fast Bows and the R.Cernos is.. well, pretty fast lol. I was dreading it at first(pun intended), because I hated the original Cernos, but Red Veil know what they're doing when it comes to Bows. I don't run Crit Deceleration on it, just Crit and status, and it does just fine.

not a fan of the Paris Prime, as it sounds like it's Spitting Phlegm when firing, and it looks like someone made a Bow from an Orokin Toilet Seat. 

My four forma daikyu outclasses my Paris prime a lot. And does hit like a truck 

I think due to fire rate. R Cernos outclasses dread (I hate dread and Paris P)

On March 22, 2016 at 0:04 PM, spacerocks said:

Really? people are actually running around with crit decel on the rakta cernos? My build is almost exactly the same as the OP only i run argon scope and bladed rounds instead of hammer shot and 3rd element. However that build is what I used to run before the new mods

I sadly missed those nods when my computer broke. 

And yes they are. Makes me want to pull my snipetron vandal out and blow their face off with it 

On March 22, 2016 at 0:04 PM, spacerocks said:

I sadly missed those nods when my computer broke. 

And yes they are. Makes me want to pull my snipetron vandal out and blow their face off with it 

3 minutes ago, yual said:

paris : fast but more damage and a lots of critz       dayku: more load time for less damage and critz

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg (500×375)

Paris P is garbage like the normal cernos. Daikyu. Outclasses it. In damage. And it's 100% status. I'm downing level 110 heavy gunner corrupted enemies. In two head shots. Don't be angry because I trolled you recently