The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx and Excalibur helmet swap. If genderskins in TENNOGEN are thing, what do you want?

arch111

4 hours ago, arch111 said:

Geoff:"Very unlikely."

Scott and Sheldon:" Who knows? We say NO to alot of things.  Syandanas for example."

TennoGen is what is discussed, not in-house production, they have said no to that.

* thread lightly * when calling someone ignorant.

You quoted that wrong and mixed up what they said. Geoff said "mostly unlikely" when Rebecca asked again "It was just an idea from a player, we're not committing to anything" about the Tennogen swap being a thing, AFTER they talked about the Syandana thing. Don't mix them up.

Edited by KJRenz

9 hours ago, arch111 said:
Spoiler

nyxexcaliburganders_by_gaber111-d9w4zgv.

The helmets need rescaled to fit correctly (and I'm sure DE can work out the correct scaling ratio based on their chassis models) but apart from that this is pretty much what I would want for Nyx and Excalibur.  I would also want to open up each others helmets for massive customisation options.  To anyone who says the helmets need to suit the warframe's style, look at them!  Their bodies have the same style!  They have the same look!  Cue Mugatu...

Spoiler

itsthesame_zps38f8edca.jpg

As an aside, if DE were to actually program the game to scale Excalibur/Nyx helmets appropriate to the chassis then they apply the same chassis specific scaling to Frosts helmets and maybe stop all his alt helmets from being too big for Frost Prime!

9 hours ago, arch111 said:

Geoff:"Very unlikely."

Scott and Sheldon:" Who knows? We say NO to alot of things.  Syandanas for example."

TennoGen is what is discussed, not in-house production, they have said no to that.

* thread lightly * when calling someone ignorant.

You mean you don't know how to look positive about something that will never happen?  They've received so much flak from players about literally every decision they've made so far, so yeah it's understandable that they'd resort to these kinds of answers.  Learn to read in between the lines and put pieces together.  This is actually a solid no from them 

6 minutes ago, Firefly0037 said:

You mean you don't know how to look positive about something that will never happen?  They've received so much flak from players about literally every decision they've made so far, so yeah it's understandable that they'd resort to these kinds of answers.  Learn to read in between the lines and put pieces together.  This is actually a solid no from them 

Let me guess.  You are a half-empty kind of Tenno.

I gladly take their Maby and Unlikely, to the previous NO.

Lets agree to dissagree.

On 22.03.2016 at 1:11 PM, Ryouhi said:

I'll just reiterate the points i have made in the last few threads...
I swear to god i'll just copy it this time and save it somewhere so i can just copy-pasta it next time >_>

Also, while the DEvs said it is possible, they still said it's probably not happening

1) Genderswaps would deprive the Frames from the last bit of character they have - this is pretty much why i hate the idea of Alt-Genders the most.
i wouldn't go to the League of Legends forums and demand Alt Gender Skins for champions, cause that would totally ruin the point of creating a character with set characteristics, including Gender/Sex, in the first place

2) If DE were to make the Skins themselves, it's a HUGE investment of ressources and time - imagine the time needed to create skins for almost 30 Warframes, as well as their Primes... Also they would be required to make Alt-Genders for any upcoming Frame/Prime, which would mean releases would take roughly twice the amount of time
Some time ago, they also said, the time and ressources needed to make an Alt-Gender is almost the same amount as creating a completely new Warframe, so i'd rather see them create new Frames personally.

And regarding the picture you posted, i know it's only a rough Helmet swap, but to me that looks terrible. It's not as easy as just pasting a pair of Breasts on a Frame and making them a little thinner. They would need to remake the complete Frame so it actually looks good.

3) If it's TennoGen what are we gonna do about consoles?
As far as i am aware TennoGen is a purely PC, or rather Steam thing - consoles would be left out, which would be another problem all together

4) Locking Gender behind a paywall is a terrible terrible idea
Especially from the view of a new player getting into the game:
Say you justed started playing the game and are now choosing which Frame you want to play. You can't quite decide between Volt, because you like his electricity theme and Mag, because you usually like to play as female characters. You choose Volt in the end and play the tutorial and realize you really like to play him.

Now, back in your Liset you find the Market and browse a little, but there you find an Alt-Gender Skin for Volt...
What do you think a new Players reaction would be in this situation? Especially considering that genders are usually FREE to choose, if you have ever played any other RPG.

Anyway that's just my take on this whole thing.

Cheers

This should be quoted every time a new gender swap thread is created.

On 3/22/2016 at 2:12 AM, Firefly0037 said:

and if you pay attention, we see a little tenno who doesn't follow the devstreams to know that there will be no gender swapping...

not to mention this looks really bad.

I think it's important to keep an open mind, the devs have implemented things that they've said no to before.

Not saying that it will happen but that it's a possiblity.