Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth and Cipher changes?

-GothKazu-

Question

Have these two things changed SEPERATELY in the recent updates? If so, how? If not, can someone recap the "rules" regarding each please?

Has stealth mechanics changed?

Has Cipher anything been changed??

Edited by Keyeric
Clarification

6 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

What do you mean? Gotta be a bit more specific.

They don't break stealth. You don't trigger alarms or lose a stealth bonus if you use them in a vault. You can't use ciphers in sorties.

Any of those?

I edited the question to help a bit

3 minutes ago, Keyeric said:

I edited the question to help a bit

Awesome.

I can't remember all the stealth changes at the moment aside from "NPCs no longer alert all teammates when fighting a player.  Their proximity alert now has a limited range and will not go beyond closed doors". Ciphers haven't changed though.

As far as I know, ciphers have been the same since u14ish when I stated using them.  However, you cannot use them in Sorties.

The last stealth change I remember was when they made it so you lose your x4 melee damage bonus if you bump into the enemy before hitting them when invis.  They changed some spawning mechanics in some missions after update 18 that hurt some people's affinity stealth camp farming if that counts.

Edited by PikeOrShield
I said U19 but it's U18.

On 3/25/2016 at 0:55 AM, AdunSaveMe said:

Awesome.

I can't remember all the stealth changes at the moment aside from "NPCs no longer alert all teammates when fighting a player.  Their proximity alert now has a limited range and will not go beyond closed doors". Ciphers haven't changed though.

On 3/25/2016 at 0:56 AM, PikeOrShield said:

As far as I know, ciphers have been the same since u14ish when I stated using them.  However, you cannot use them in Sorties.

The last stealth change I remember was when they made it so you lose your x4 melee damage bonus if you bump into the enemy before hitting them when invis.  They changed some spawning mechanics in some missions after update 19 that hurt some people's affinity stealth camp farming if that counts.

On 3/25/2016 at 1:20 AM, Maicael said:

AFAIK Ciphers haven't changed at all. If you're asking about hacking terminals in general, then the mod "Intruder" now also affects Grineer consoles by slowing down the spinner some.

oh ok, i guess mine are just broken? At the time of asking, enemies were seeing things they shouldnt, reacting to "silent" shots, and seeing invis loki 4 seconds before it ended. The Ciphers arent an issue, just strange; If i have 23 in a mission and use 6, the next mission ill have 23 still, and VERY slowly theyll drop by one. right now im on 15