Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Vurban Is Engineer, Why Cant He "make Stuff"

MACIS

Vauban is a Combat Engineer.

He is the first frame who can create his AoE Skill on a different spot. all the other frames need to create them by themself.

A Turret-Carrier would not fit. You are never and i mean never for a longer time at the same spot, so an imobile turret that shoots some stuff would not even worth the points.

Maybe in a bossfight, but realy? why?

Does no one else remeber the fact that he is a Combat engineer/TRAPPER? As in an animal trapper. Last time I checked, neither combat engineers or trappers carried around turrets or any form of sentry. They do however carry around easily carried items used to immobilize or kill their prey (landmines, rope traps, pitfalls,etc.) So I think that Tesla Grenade (electric mine), Bounce (rope trap), Balliste (anti-gravity pitfall?), and Vortex (roomba) are all acceptable abilities.

Let's look at it from gameplay matter:

We don't need turrets. The only time they would be fully useful would be on defense and mobile defense missions. We have tesla for that. That does wonders. We can't be making Frames that are overtly situation. Being good 5% of the time does not justify an ability, even if it is perfect for that moment. The ability would end up being a dead weight in all other situations.

so.......... no one wants something to restore health/ammo on the spot? or a gun to watch your back or hold off an area while you hack a terminal, or something that provides the team with more mobility(speed wise) like a sprint speed buff, or some kind of ult that deploys a snowglobe-based defensive barrier?............. that S#&$ is necessary in high wave defence missions so you don't fail the wave because your hek ran out of rounds or your side arm ran out of mags.

I'll just quote myself...

Yeah, and Vauban should have all his mod slots filled with abilities like "Rocket turret", "MG turret", "Medpack", "Ammo Box"...

Rhino is a tank, but that doesn't mean, that we can give him Vulcan and a sandwich instead of red orb...

Yes, as far as I remember, DE never said, "the next waframe will be the TF2's engineer. Yep, that's a fresh idea".
They said, he would be an engineer/trapper warframe. And the grenade (ok I would have prefered a true grenade) and jumping pod are enough to consider him as en engineer.
Furthermore, his name is Vauban. It is the name of a French engineer, tactician and versed in a lot of other sciences and known to have buildt fortresses known to be the hardest ones existing. It is enough explanation for me for the Bastille spell (if you are really bad with history, the Bastille was a prison in Paris).
And the Vortex ... Let's say that Ninja + space + trapper + engineer = Vortex

so.......... no one wants something to restore health/ammo on the spot? or a gun to watch your back or hold off an area while you hack a terminal, or something that provides the team with more mobility(speed wise) like a sprint speed buff, or some kind of ult that deploys a snowglobe-based defensive barrier?............. that S#&$ is necessary in high wave defence missions so you don't fail the wave because your hek ran out of rounds or your side arm ran out of mags.

Restoring health is something the Trinity already does.  

Restoring ammo would be great albeit probably too good of an ability, since every ability costs energy comboing it with Trinity's energy restore ability would make it god-like.  

A gun to watch your back you say, aren't those what any of the Sentinels are for?

Speed buffs aren't really necessary, you can easily counter that with speed mods.  Should you choose to play without them because something else is more important then that's up to you, can't have everything.

Ult. that deploys a Snow Globe like barrier?  How about Frost w/ Snow Globe?  Once again, can't have everything.

Finally you said that all of that is necessary for High Level Defense Missions.  Sure and if you have the team for it then great, if you don't then that sucks.  The Defense missions are endless and scale in difficulty so at some point you're going to lose if you keep going, no matter what team/combination of abilities you have.

Vauban was touted as an engineer/trapper frame with more emphasis on the trapper aspect side of things.  And when you consider his abilities it all makes sense.

All of Vauban's abilities are emitted from devices that he himself probably built prior to the mission. Vauban himself has no special properties.

Whereas most of the other abilities in the game just come directly from the Warframe itself.

In a way, Vauban is the Batman of Warframe.

OMG we need a new helmet for him :D

so.......... no one wants something to restore health/ammo on the spot?  that S#&$ is necessary in high wave defence missions so you don't fail the wave because your hek ran out of rounds or your side arm ran out of mags.

OMG we have this already, it's called Ammo boxes and Health packs. There's even a TEAM HEAL pack that heals all members of the party 100 health. If your team fails a mission because your HEK runs out of ammo that's all FAIL on you for not have at least a couple ammo boxes with you. Everyone should know about ammo boxes, I'm sure you are getting them in your terrible daily logon rewards.......

Edited by weezedog

think of him more of a "combat enginere" form modern military

setting up traps, controlled demolition, dissarming traps, breaching reinforced positins.

none of thease things involve "creating"

also most engineres dont create things to beguin with, they plan out how to make them, and thats not something you can do in a firefight

vurban is a engineer, so why doesn't he have the abbilties to do create stuff, here are some examples, make health dispenser, deploy a turret, make energy dispencer, get double ammo from drops. have discounts when it comes to crafting items. can create a temporary shield. can teleport to teammates. most of these can make sense, due to the fact he's an engineer. that is all, I would see him a good defense and supportive frame, giving himself and others shields and health, and deploying a turret, for reinforcements.

"there is no spoon"-matrix

his Tesla grenades are turrets and we dont need a TF2 engineer in warframe

I so damn want a Warframe who can deploy turrets. =(

vauban already creates turrets that can be stuck to any surface which includes people. incoming tesla rhino

meh, but offesnsive

so what part of vauban isnt offensive? tesla a ally and watch him run past and kill everyone. throw down a vortex in a small hallway and watch all of the chaseing infected die.

All of Vauban's abilities are emitted from devices that he himself probably built prior to the mission. Vauban himself has no special properties.

Whereas most of the other abilities in the game just come directly from the Warframe itself.

In a way, Vauban is the Batman of Warframe.

yes he is the batman of warframe, but the suit creates the devices because the tenno could know nothing about gravity wells but still create a vortex when wearing the vauban suit.

Engineers fix S#&$, they don't build machines on the spot.

I think his neat little gadgets make more sense than building turrets or dispensers.

Besides, DE confirmed that the Tenno will never speak, so nobody would notice you built one if Vaubs never yelled 'BUILDIN' A SENTREE"

combat engineers build S#&$ and he is a combat engineer

Why not be relativly neutral and go 'bot' ally? I mean if he could build a weak ally or two it would make him infinantly better and it would sate some peoples hard feelings against him, make it so he builds droids simillar to I guess the hostages in the game, lol my two cents :P

because the Hostage AI is so bad atm that it would be kinda useless and we already have "bots"

Because he is a warframe. Hes nothing more then a mean to let the Tenno use a set of powers. Hes not a real engineer he dosn't know more about stuff that rhino. Vauban is just a shell/armor/mech for Tenno to use, Vauban does not add knowlage to thier Tenno just powers.

that what i think.

you would be right. Tenno have been trained to use the warframes abilities, but not all the science behind the abilities.

Vauban is a Combat Engineer.

He is the first frame who can create his AoE Skill on a different spot. all the other frames need to create them by themself.

A Turret-Carrier would not fit. You are never and i mean never for a longer time at the same spot, so an imobile turret that shoots some stuff would not even worth the points.

Maybe in a bossfight, but realy? why?

again teslas are a timed turret

trinity restores hp. teslas/ vortex watch your back. frost has a snowglobe already so it would be redundant. vauban has a levitating barrier if you think about bastille in a way. Edited by masterninjaa

vurban is a engineer, so why doesn't he have the abbilties to do create stuff, here are some examples, make health dispenser, deploy a turret, make energy dispencer, get double ammo from drops. have discounts when it comes to crafting items. can create a temporary shield. can teleport to teammates. most of these can make sense, due to the fact he's an engineer. that is all, I would see him a good defense and supportive frame, giving himself and others shields and health, and deploying a turret, for reinforcements.

Vauban is a traps master, not an engineer.

The engineer role would only make sense if he could revive dead MOA(or other robotic enemies) before they disappear and reprogram to fight for tenno. Also if he could deactivate enemy alert system and reprogram enemy turrets and cameras.

Also I know that Nyx has mind control ability(which doesnt last long anyway) but I dont see anyone complaining about rhino charge and slash dash similarity.

*Spams the invisible repdown.png button*

This isnt TF for having placable Turrets and Dispencers...

Vauban is already a very powerful defensive/supportive Warframe as he is and doesnt the fact he invented a small white orb that can shoot lightning, Bounce Enemies, Make enemies float and open a Vortex all in one not count as an Engineering work?

I have the Vauban, i have played with him allot and even used Forma on him twice already. Hes a great Warframe as he is!

Edited by BiancaPony