Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwizard's Warframe Concept Compilation - (Update 07/19/17) New Dust Ability Stats

Archwizard

Moving on to Fathom...

Fracture

• Cost: 15 energy
  • Placement: 20/30/40/50 meters * Power Range
  • Ability reach: 5/10/15/20% of original effect * Power Range
  • Duration: 10/15/20/25 seconds * Power Duration
  1. Breach
    1. Reach: 1/3/3/5 meters * Power Range
    2. Lash damage: 50/100/150/200 Impact * Power Strength

Event Horizon

• Cost: 50 energy
  • Radius: 6/8/10/12 meters * Power Range
  • Duration: 8/10/12/15 seconds * Power Duration
  • Fall damage: 50% of target health as Finisher
  1. Gravity Lapse
    1. Slow: 10/20/30/40% slow

Twisted Path

• Cost: 25 energy + 2.5/meter / Power Range
  • Wake thickness: 1.5/1.6/1.8/2 meters * Power Range
  • Damage per half-second: 25/50/75/100 Slash * Power Strength
  • Post-deactivation duration: 6/8/10/12 seconds * Power Duration
  1. True Path
    1. Teleport charges: 1/2/3/4 charges
  2. Mirrored Path
    1. Debuff duration: 2/3/4/5 seconds

Inevitable Maw

• Initial cost: 50 energy + 5/second / Power Duration
    • Cost per enemy: 3/2.5/2/1 energy per second / Power Duration
  • Maximum damage: 100/160/230/300 Impact per half-second * Power Strength
    • Damage and slow (up to 100%) scale percentages with distance from the edge of the effect to the 3 meter ring around the source
  • Maximum pull radius: 15/18/22/25 meters * Power Range
  • Enemy drag speed: 5 m/s * Power Duration
  1. Maw of Madness
    1. Maximum targets: 3/5/7/10 targets
    2. Duration: 2/4/6/8 seconds
  2. Vertigo
    1. Splash damage: 25/50/75/100% of damage dealt
    2. Radius: 3/5/7/10 meters

Removed the Strength effect from Event Horizon in favor of doing as Snow Globe did, and added another Range effect to Twisted Path to increase the value.

A look over would be appreciated.

Edited by Archwizard

Dust's values look somewhat alright. Questions/concerns:

* Timw Warp's projectile slow seems rather weak. I'd suggest more along the lines of 80/85/90/95% (especially if unaffected by mods)
* Magic Hour affects rather few enemies, no? I think this can be increased a bit.
* Critical Moment should NOT behave like Argon Scope etc. It should be flat percentage, added after mods. Otherwise, it'd be a really, really weak augment.

24 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

Dust's values look somewhat alright. Questions/concerns:

* Timw Warp's projectile slow seems rather weak. I'd suggest more along the lines of 80/85/90/95% (especially if unaffected by mods)
* Magic Hour affects rather few enemies, no? I think this can be increased a bit.
* Critical Moment should NOT behave like Argon Scope etc. It should be flat percentage, added after mods. Otherwise, it'd be a really, really weak augment.

I may bump it up by 10% at each rank, but I don't want to make Dust immune to projectiles.

Magic Hour is affected by Power Strength, which can potentially triple the number of targets. Thing is, I worry about extending the target cap for same reasons Shadows of the Dead was reduced in the last Nekros rework - performance.

I wasn't aware of Argon Scope having issues with how it works... but I was planning on having Fortuna's crit bonus be additive like so. I can increase the value of Critical Moment for Dust; again, it's affected by Power Strength.

16 minutes ago, Archwizard said:

I may bump it up by 10% at each rank, but I don't want to make Dust immune to projectiles.

Magic Hour is affected by Power Strength, which can potentially triple the number of targets. Thing is, I worry about extending the target cap for same reasons Shadows of the Dead was reduced in the last Nekros rework - performance.

I wasn't aware of Argon Scope having issues with how it works... but I was planning on having Fortuna's crit bonus be additive like so. I can increase the value of Critical Moment for Dust; again, it's affected by Power Strength.

Well, it's still not immunity, also remember that they are projectiles, i.e. really fast. 70% speed reduction on something really fast isn't actually all that much, methinks.

Hmm, yeah I guess. Always forget that max Power Strenght is rather high.

Well, Argon Scope works just like Point Strike, by multiplying base crit (and is additive to Point Strike, so a Vectis (which has base 25% crit) with AS and PS would have 25 * 1 + (1,5 + 1,35) = 96,25% crit chance)

If Critical Moment added just 25% critchance, stacking additively with critmods, it would not add much (for the same modded Vectis, you'd have 25 * 1 + (1,5 + 1,35 + 0,25) = 102,5%, which is a total boost of 6,25%-units... absolutely NOT worth a Warframe modslot. And that's for a weapon with pretty good base critchance!)

If it, however, flatly added 25% critchance-units, it'd do something more worth equipping (the same modded Vectis would then be having (25 * 1 + (1,5 + 1,35)) + 25 = 121,25% crit chance, quite a bit more noticeable)

Edited by Azamagon

Personally I think 80% is plenty slow and 95% is "what bullets?", but I'm willing to compromise at 85% max.

EDIT: Aaaand it turns out that Lanka fires "awfully slow for a sniper" projectiles at 200 m/s.
Hmm.
Maybe 95% is actually fair, I mostly just worry that slowing down projectiles by that much will end up with the same performance issues that Stasis' target cap intended to avoid.

As for Critical Moment... in such a case, I could have it add a flat value, but might want to remove the PS bonus or reduce the base value since I still want High Roller to be superior as a damage bonus, without being obnoxiously powerful.
(That, or change it from crit chance to crit damage, bump up the percent values and call it a day.)

Edited by Archwizard

In other news:

I recently discovered that some augments relevant solely to movement effects are able to fit an Exilus slot - Escape Velocity and Hysterical Assault. That basically fits the gist of Fathom's "True Path" augment, but I'm wondering if that also should affect Scathach's "Accelerating Spear".

A throwaway line in the recent Chains of Harrow quest (it's in the teaser so I don't mind spoiling it) also uses Dust as a proper noun in reference to the worldly plane outside of the Void, so I'm pondering if there should be any initiative to rename Dust...

Edited by Archwizard

On 6/30/2017 at 4:22 PM, Azamagon said:

-snip-

So, I bumped up the base crit bonus (still added similarly to Argon Scope) about 8x its original value, but removed the Strength scaling. And increased the bullet slow so that only sniper weapons can offer you a moderate challenge within the field.

Other things:

• I'm thinking maybe Magic Hour could provide some extra benefit, since the Snapshots on their own don't do much beyond offer extra targets for other players' area attacks. Perhaps instead of summoning more clones at once, Dust can gain some type of bonus from killing them, before the augment...? Just a consideration.
    • To address an earlier consideration... perhaps instead of being a buff on the caster, the cost of Magic Hour could scale based on the number of clones it summoned per cast - if you cast it and only summon 1, it should cost 1 * 100/(max clones).
  • I may end up redoing the formula for Revenant's Sacrifice - as far as how it benefits allies, anyway. Revenant himself will still have the energy gain be instantaneous, but under a linear Duration formula, either allies get a set amount of energy staggered over time (getting worse with Duration), a flat amount of regen per second like Limbo/Octavia, or a shot at more energy than Revenant gets if he stacks Duration.
    Perhaps it could have an inverse Duration scaling for their regeneration - more duration to gain energy more quickly...
  • I'm also contemplating further changes to Scathach's kit, particularly the special benefits of Bellows Spear. Thus far the only real thing I have for it is that the thrown attack has extra power to it... Tentatively considering a potential speargun replacement, although that defeats the hands-on kinetic warrior theme.
Edited by Archwizard

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2017 at 3:32 PM, Archwizard said:

I'm thinking maybe Magic Hour could provide some extra benefit, since the Snapshots on their own don't do much beyond offer extra targets for other players' area attacks. Perhaps instead of summoning more clones at once, Dust can gain some type of bonus from killing them, before the augment...? Just a consideration.

• To address an earlier consideration... perhaps instead of being a buff on the caster, the cost of Magic Hour could scale based on the number of clones it summoned per cast - if you cast it and only summon 1, it should cost 1 * 100/(max clones).

On that note...

Right now, my main consideration with the ability is that Dust is essentially weaponizing a paradox, altering causality. Killing a Snapshot not only slays the enemy, but it slays the target retroactively; any actions they took between the two points are undone, as well as any energy they expended or that was expended on killing them. So, I'm thinking of running with one of three possible ideas:

1) Whenever Dust slays a victim of Magic Hour, she gains some type of buff from the target for the remainder of the Duration as she absorbs all of the potential energy that was erased by the paradox. Taking this course would mean replacing the augment for Rewind which runs on a similar concept, perhaps simply making Rewind's Conclave augment into a base augment (while also usable in Conclave, much like Ice Wave Impedance or Afterburn). It also means that Dust would be rewarded for the Duelist aspect of her kit by dealing with a select number of targets at a time, gradually growing in power for each she finishes off. Problem being the nature of the benefit itself; could be a damage buff (how would that be calculated?), could be energy refunded to Dust...

2) Whenever Dust slays a victim of Magic Hour, the paradox (all of the energy invested in killing them "after they were already dead", 'cuz time travel) explodes outward from the target, causing the enemy (Present self? Snapshot? Both?) to detonate for a percentage of any damage they received during Magic Hour. As with the above, this would reward Dust for the Duelist approach of dealing with her targets one at a time (via the Opticor approach, kill one to kill a dozen), while the area-attack aspect can supplement the ability's own boost to area damage, chaining damage between all of her victims.
Sounds great, right? It's my personal favorite of the three right now, but the downside is, I can see Rewind interfering with this rather than synergizing with it, as you would be reducing the target's maximum health and thus the potential of the ability. Granted, Rewind has a special benefit with it already, so that might cancel it out... However, I can also concede that having it simply deal damage as a reward could be seen as uninspired.
I would probably have to remove the Conclave augment too, but I think that's just as easy as upgrading Continuum's augment to be usable in Conclave as well to maintain the quota of 2 per concept.

3) The paradox makes each target "temporally unstable", causing them to receive additional Finisher damage every second based on a percentage of their maximum health. While this has synergy with Dust's ability to extend her Power Duration - and possibly with Rewind if you rely on Energy Vampire's old formula of snapshotting health - I worry that it would also ruin stealth potential of the ability while still being somewhat weak as an ultimate due to limited targeting and low DPS bonus outside of particularly high-level encounters. On the other hand, it wouldn't be the first ultimate with limited targeting (Bladestorm, World on Fire, Radial Javelin, Tentacle Swarm...), and it also grants the effect some instant gratification if you don't have a lot of cleave between your weapons. But again, simply dealing damage for pushing a button is boring, and it has next to nothing to do with her theme; personal least favorite option of the three.

On 7/7/2017 at 3:32 PM, Archwizard said:

I'm also contemplating further changes to Scathach's kit, particularly the special benefits of Bellows Spear. Thus far the only real thing I have for it is that the thrown attack has extra power to it... Tentatively considering a potential speargun replacement, although that defeats the hands-on kinetic warrior theme.

I've been watching some One-Punch Man and getting some ideas. May bring some to the table soon-ish.

14 hours ago, Archwizard said:

On that note...

Right now, my main consideration with the ability is that Dust is essentially weaponizing a paradox, altering causality. Killing a Snapshot not only slays the enemy, but it slays the target retroactively; any actions they took between the two points are undone, as well as any energy they expended or that was expended on killing them. So, I'm thinking of running with one of three possible ideas:

1) Whenever Dust slays a victim of Magic Hour, she gains some type of buff from the target for the remainder of the Duration as she absorbs all of the potential energy that was erased by the paradox. Taking this course would mean replacing the augment for Rewind which runs on a similar concept, perhaps simply making Rewind's Conclave augment into a base augment (while also usable in Conclave, much like Ice Wave Impedance or Afterburn). It also means that Dust would be rewarded for the Duelist aspect of her kit by dealing with a select number of targets at a time, gradually growing in power for each she finishes off. Problem being the nature of the benefit itself; could be a damage buff (how would that be calculated?), could be energy refunded to Dust...

2) Whenever Dust slays a victim of Magic Hour, the paradox (all of the energy invested in killing them "after they were already dead", 'cuz time travel) explodes outward from the target, causing the enemy (Present self? Snapshot? Both?) to detonate for a percentage of any damage they received during Magic Hour. As with the above, this would reward Dust for the Duelist approach of dealing with her targets one at a time (via the Opticor approach, kill one to kill a dozen), while the area-attack aspect can supplement the ability's own boost to area damage, chaining damage between all of her victims.
Sounds great, right? It's my personal favorite of the three right now, but the downside is, I can see Rewind interfering with this rather than synergizing with it, as you would be reducing the target's maximum health and thus the potential of the ability. Granted, Rewind has a special benefit with it already, so that might cancel it out... However, I can also concede that having it simply deal damage as a reward could be seen as uninspired.
I would probably have to remove the Conclave augment too, but I think that's just as easy as upgrading Continuum's augment to be usable in Conclave as well to maintain the quota of 2 per concept.

3) The paradox makes each target "temporally unstable", causing them to receive additional Finisher damage every second based on a percentage of their maximum health. While this has synergy with Dust's ability to extend her Power Duration - and possibly with Rewind if you rely on Energy Vampire's old formula of snapshotting health - I worry that it would also ruin stealth potential of the ability while still being somewhat weak as an ultimate due to limited targeting and low DPS bonus outside of particularly high-level encounters. On the other hand, it wouldn't be the first ultimate with limited targeting (Bladestorm, World on Fire, Radial Javelin, Tentacle Swarm...), and it also grants the effect some instant gratification if you don't have a lot of cleave between your weapons. But again, simply dealing damage for pushing a button is boring, and it has next to nothing to do with her theme; personal least favorite option of the three.

I've been watching some One-Punch Man and getting some ideas. May bring some to the table soon-ish.

Ya know, for once, I might actually have something to contribute here between working on the Ocean-Expansion. 

This ability you mention, why not make it as straightforward as you say? Basically, that by killing a specific target, any actions taken to kill said target simply cease to exist. Any ammo spent on the target is suddenly back in the magazine. Any health or shielding that was taken by the target is suddenly back in place, only energy utilized by Tenno (in and of itself largely defiant of physics most of the time) is not reimbursed via temporal erasure. Bosses would only receive a sort of temporary damageing stun, as their importance to the timeline makes them far harder to erase (Picture wiping the files of an Italian Peasent circa 1750 as opposed to, say, wiping Henry Ford from existence.

The computer likely stores the info about what actions an enemy takes in some file somewhere, this ability would simply effect that

That being said, I like your thought of a target leaveing a nasty sort of "erasure rift" in the place (and perhaps even the shape of) the enemy which causes horrific temporal shifting in enemies around it as pieces of them age rapidly while others return to the embryonic stage. I just think it would be more splendid as an augment for it, perhaps from the Veil and their bitter hatred allowing them to risk such measures or Suda for a disturbing fascination with in-situ "What-If?" Scenarios.

Just my two cents on your "daughter's" capabilities, discard or take-to-heart as you please suh!

10 hours ago, Unus said:

Ya know, for once, I might actually have something to contribute here between working on the Ocean-Expansion. 

This ability you mention, why not make it as straightforward as you say? Basically, that by killing a specific target, any actions taken to kill said target simply cease to exist. Any ammo spent on the target is suddenly back in the magazine. Any health or shielding that was taken by the target is suddenly back in place, only energy utilized by Tenno (in and of itself largely defiant of physics most of the time) is not reimbursed via temporal erasure. Bosses would only receive a sort of temporary damageing stun, as their importance to the timeline makes them far harder to erase (Picture wiping the files of an Italian Peasent circa 1750 as opposed to, say, wiping Henry Ford from existence.

The computer likely stores the info about what actions an enemy takes in some file somewhere, this ability would simply effect that

It's a thought - I don't think the computer natively stores the recent actions of an enemy, but you could simply have the snapshots record how many shots they received and the damage the connected targets dealt, then refund both - although I worry that that would take up a lot of memory to record these extra values across a multitude of targets (especially since some weapons don't consume a fixed amount of ammo per shot, some hit multiple times in one shot, and others could exploit that by hitting multiple targets with one shot), not to mention the delayed healing would be near-worthless after a certain level (and she's not intended to be a group-healer in early levels).
It would also make the effect a lot more complex to wrap one's head around (an issue I have with Oberon's current design), and I'm still not sure that effect would justify the ultimate on its own.
Functionally, "refunding Dust's ammo and damage taken" also steps on the toes of Continuum's augment. Plus, Continuum itself already is designed to be very efficient for ammo, and deal sustained damage without remaining in the line of fire.

I think my current plan is to go with the second option I presented above (having the detonation occur from the victim rather than the clone, thereby providing incentive to use Rewind to bring the target back to their clone shortly before death so they detonate among the other clones and spread the damage). However, I may consider aspects of your suggestion.

Edited by Archwizard

On 6/26/2017 at 3:58 PM, Archwizard said:

Moving on to Fathom...

Removed the Strength effect from Event Horizon in favor of doing as Snow Globe did, and added another Range effect to Twisted Path to increase the value.

A look over would be appreciated.

Despite the lack of commentary on Fathom so far, I started work on Revenant's stats today...

Torment

• Cost per enemy: 10 energy / Power Range
  • Damage transferred: 10/15/20/25% * Power Strength
  • Duration: 10/15/20/25 seconds * Power Duration
  1. Schadenfreude
    1. Jump distance: 2/3/4/5 meters * Power Range
  2. Discord
    1. Damage per link: 5/10/15/20 Finisher per second
    2. Linking distance: 6/9/12/15 meters

Sacrifice

• Health cost: 50 health
  • Energy restored: 80/120/160/200% of health cost * Power Strength
  • Radius: 6/8/10/12 meters * Power Range
  • Duration on allies: 15/12/10/8 seconds / Power Duration
  1. Offering
    1. Allied health restored: 40/60/80/100% of health cost * Power Strength
  2. Jinx
    1. Energy consumed: 80/120/160/200% of health cost * Power Strength
      1. Drains over a period equal to allied duration

Unravel

• Cost: 50 energy
  • Blink distance: 15/20/25/30 meters * Power Range
  • Diminishment period: 6/8/10/12 seconds * Power Duration
    • This duration is preceded by a static 3 seconds at 100% intangibility
  1. Unsettle
    1. Radius: 5/6/8/10 meters * Power Range
    2. Stun duration: 4 sec
    3. Finisher damage increase: 150/200/250/300% * Power Strength

Obliterate

• Cost: 50 energy + 10/second / Power Duration
  • Base damage: 100/125/150/200 Finisher per half-second * Power Strength
    • Afflicted targets gain a stacking debuff that increases their vulnerability to the beam by 100% every tick; no stack limit, lasts 2 sec, all stacks on the target are refreshed by each instance of damage
  • Health restored per kill: 5/7/10/15% of max HP * Power Strength
  • Beam Length: 15/20/25/30 meters * Power Range
    • Beam Radius: 2 meters
  1. Oblivion
    1. Duration: 2/4/6/8 seconds * Power Duration

I like the idea that Blind Rage is actually highly beneficial to him (since it affects the health cost of Sacrifice, providing an alternative penalty), but I didn't want the cost of his first ability to be too obscene, hence the reduction by Range. He's designed to be a pure Squishy Wizard/Glass Cannon frame, a true alternative to gunplay, so he should alternate between being very spammy, and channeling for long periods.

Edited by Archwizard

On 7/21/2017 at 11:25 PM, Archwizard said:

Despite the lack of commentary on Fathom so far, I started work on Revenant's stats today...

I like the idea that Blind Rage is actually highly beneficial to him (since it affects the health cost of Sacrifice, providing an alternative penalty), but I didn't want the cost of his first ability to be too obscene, hence the reduction by Range. He's designed to be a pure Squishy Wizard/Glass Cannon frame, a true alternative to gunplay, so he should alternate between being very spammy, and channeling for long periods.

Im worried that his ultimate might be too strong when you add in his passive since thats like 150% bonus strength. Also dont have strong feelings about his offering augment and all of his augments scale with mods.

On 7/23/2017 at 4:26 PM, Annon5150 said:

Im worried that his ultimate might be too strong when you add in his passive since thats like 150% bonus strength. Also dont have strong feelings about his offering augment and all of his augments scale with mods.

Hmm. Fair point, standard maximum Power Strength can roughly triple the base amount he receives... 150 base health means 1248 maximum potential health (with 4x Physique), or up to 415% bonus Power Strength from the passive if you drop to 2 health.
Sub out the 4x Physique, still 379% from the passive - which is more than every other Power Strength bonus in the game combined. 4x Growing Power, Energy Conversion, max Power Strength, plus his passive at max health... 828% total.

Probably going to half the Strength to his 2 and 4, and/or considering reworking the formula for his passive (maybe 5 energy instead of 3?). Trying to decide whether his ultimate's healing should be unaffected by Power Strength, or restore a flat amount per kill instead of a percentage.

Edited by Archwizard

• 3 weeks later...

For Scathach, a couple considerations I'm thinking of:

• Armor removed by Shattering Blow is affected by the damage dealt by the ability.
  • Charging Shattering Blow will increase the radius and angle of the damage arc for an increased cost; fully charging the effect will cause Scathach to instantly slam the ground to damage everyone around her. No longer increases in radius while Catch & Release is active.
  • In addition to increased attack speed equal to her combo count, Scathach "heats up" while Bellows Spear is active, causing her to radiate Heat damage in proximity of herself based on her current combo count.
    • Alternately, the Heat damage radiates from her targets each time she inflicts damage.

• 1 month later...

Apologies for the lack of activity on this thread. My GPU had a meltdown near the end of August and if left me without access to a working computer for several weeks. I didn't have a lot of time to work on more thread updates after that.

The good news is, with PoE I've received some new inspiration - particularly regarding one of the new Syndicates and a certain Time 'frame concept...

• 3 weeks later...

They announced a new beastmaster frame today. So what does that mean for Eniku? Will you retire him like Tremor?

On 8/18/2017 at 1:56 AM, Archwizard said:

For Scathach, a couple considerations I'm thinking of:

• Armor removed by Shattering Blow is affected by the damage dealt by the ability.
  • Charging Shattering Blow will increase the radius and angle of the damage arc for an increased cost; fully charging the effect will cause Scathach to instantly slam the ground to damage everyone around her. No longer increases in radius while Catch & Release is active.
  • In addition to increased attack speed equal to her combo count, Scathach "heats up" while Bellows Spear is active, causing her to radiate Heat damage in proximity of herself based on her current combo count.
    • Alternately, the Heat damage radiates from her targets each time she inflicts damage.

A lot of this sounds good but I duno if the spear really needs all that. If her shield gives her more damage by taking more damage then anything that makes enemies do less damage weakens her right?

On 10/13/2017 at 1:39 PM, Archwizard said:

Apologies for the lack of activity on this thread. My GPU had a meltdown near the end of August and if left me without access to a working computer for several weeks. I didn't have a lot of time to work on more thread updates after that.

The good news is, with PoE I've received some new inspiration - particularly regarding one of the new Syndicates and a certain Time 'frame concept...

If you mean the Quills the devs probably have a plan for them and the Cetus tower.

So doing a quick "comparison" between your Enkidu and the upcoming Khora:

Exalted Whip - While still very different, it's at least SOMEWHAT the equivalent of your Hunter's Moon, I guess? It's not an exalted FORM, but it's "close enough" I'd say. I guess this is passable? I mean, at least a whip is somewhat fitting for a beastmaster, no?

Summon Kavat - Well, somewhat similar to your Wild Call, at least in that it summons a minion. Simply summoning a single Kavat summon doesn't sound amazing (in contrast to your Wild Call, with its more interactive sub-abilities), but it's SOMETHING at least.

Alter IPS - Ok, they totally lost me here. What on EARTH does this have to do with a Beastmaster-like Warframe? Does it even tie into the Kavat summon whatsoever? Seems like this 'frame is gonna be another random mishmash of powers with no smart overall kit-design in mind. Again. Sigh...

At least there is still one more 4th unknown power, but I don't have my hopes up very high when I saw what the 3rd power was...

4 hours ago, Azamagon said:

So doing a quick "comparison" between your Enkidu and the upcoming Khora:

Exalted Whip - While still very different, it's at least SOMEWHAT the equivalent of your Hunter's Moon, I guess? It's not an exalted FORM, but it's "close enough" I'd say. I guess this is passable? I mean, at least a whip is somewhat fitting for a beastmaster, no?

Summon Kavat - Well, somewhat similar to your Wild Call, at least in that it summons a minion. Simply summoning a single Kavat summon doesn't sound amazing (in contrast to your Wild Call, with its more interactive sub-abilities), but it's SOMETHING at least.

Alter IPS - Ok, they totally lost me here. What on EARTH does this have to do with a Beastmaster-like Warframe? Does it even tie into the Kavat summon whatsoever? Seems like this 'frame is gonna be another random mishmash of powers with no smart overall kit-design in mind. Again. Sigh...

At least there is still one more 4th unknown power, but I don't have my hopes up very high when I saw what the 3rd power was...

As far as I can tell, she is our metal frame. The kavat isn't a kavat as much as it's an animated assemblage of metal dancing to the tunes of the Warframe. The Impact-Puncture-Slash is her reshaping her metal to go about specific tasks, etc. not so much a beastmaster as much as she's a "clever hunter". 

Mr. Wizard's Enk appears safe, even with Oberon's infringement on some aspects.

Do worry a tiny bit about my Feynman though. . . 

Edited by Unus

19 hours ago, Annon5150 said:

They announced a new beastmaster frame today. So what does that mean for Eniku? Will you retire him like Tremor?

As others have stated, Khora may not be fully a beastmaster - one of the artists stated she was developed as a metal-weaving Warframe, but no official comments have been made on the full breadth of her powerset. Enkidu was designed to be purely a beastmaster, and while there is a parallel as far as having a summoned unit, that appears to be where the parallels stop.

No frame holds a monopoly on summoning. Until we know more, I won't make any notes against Enkidu's continuation.

19 hours ago, Annon5150 said:

A lot of this sounds good but I duno if the spear really needs all that. If her shield gives her more damage by taking more damage then anything that makes enemies do less damage weakens her right?

I've decided against most of that.

Ever heard of Kinetic Bombardment? AKA Project THOR, AKA "The Rod from God". It's a method of bombing an area simply by firing a tungsten rod out of a railgun from orbit, allowing the kinetic energy it generates to violently disperse through the target area.
And we just so happen to have a Kinetic frame who summons a throwing spear.

While I have considered changing it to be an Exalted Gunspear instead of a melee weapon, melee is more fitting for Scathach herself.

12 hours ago, Azamagon said:

From my understanding, it may actually be the whip's primary ability to cycle its damage type, and likely involves whipping her cat to change its damage type - which would free up two power slots instead of one. But again, we don't know.

From my understanding, Kavats are supposed to offer utilities like buffs and debuffs, while Kubrows simply dole out raw damage and destruction. If there's enough distinction between the pet types to afford two different species of them, then I don't see why we can't have two frames who summon different creatures.

8 hours ago, Unus said:

Mr. Wizard's Enk appears safe, even with Oberon's infringement on some aspects.

Actually half the point of Enkidu is to infringe on Oberon.

It's my personal belief that Oberon has been stretched thin by the many themes dumped on him - Paladin, Druid, Fairy - where he would be sufficient with just one of those themes. His current passive has no basis in the structure of his kit, and takes away from suggested passives that would complement his theme or even address some of his lingering issues (ie innate Rage to complement his high energy costs). Much as the goal of Fortuna was to prove I could design an RNG-deficient Gambler, the goal of Enkidu was to prove that a Druid/Beastmaster could be fleshed out into a full theme.

19 minutes ago, Archwizard said:

As others have stated, Khora may not be fully a beastmaster - one of the artists stated she was developed as a metal-weaving Warframe, but no official comments have been made on the full breadth of her powerset. Enkidu was designed to be purely a beastmaster, and while there is a parallel as far as having a summoned unit, that appears to be where the parallels stop.

No frame holds a monopoly on summoning. Until we know more, I won't make any notes against Enkidu's continuation.

Ever heard of Kinetic Bombardment? AKA Project THOR, AKA "The Rod from God". It's a method of bombing an area simply by firing a tungsten rod out of a railgun from orbit, allowing the kinetic energy it generates to violently disperse through the target area.

While I have considered changing it to be an Exalted Gunspear instead of a melee weapon, melee is more fitting for Scathach herself.

From my understanding, it may actually be the whip's primary ability to cycle its damage type, and likely involves whipping her cat to change its damage type - which would free up two power slots instead of one. But again, we don't know.

From my understanding, Kavats are supposed to offer utilities like buffs and debuffs, while Kubrows simply dole out raw damage and destruction. If there's enough distinction between the pet types to afford two different species of them, then I don't see why we can't have two frames who summon different creatures.

Actually half the point of Enkidu is to infringe on Oberon.

It's my personal belief that Oberon has been stretched thin by the many themes dumped on him - Paladin, Druid, Fairy - where he would be sufficient with just one of those themes. His current passive has no basis in the structure of his kit, and takes away from suggested passives that would complement his theme or even address some of his lingering issues (ie innate Rage to complement his high energy costs). Much as the goal of Fortuna was to prove I could design an RNG-deficient Gambler, the goal of Enkidu was to prove that a Druid/Beastmaster could be fleshed out into a full theme.

Ah, and here I always thought of him as a sort of "Murderous Smokey-The-Bear" who upheld the Laws of Nature by making sure folks didn't defile her.

Which, apparently, is a very very niche idea. Thankfully so perhaps?

That said, AH, so is that your modus-operandi framewerk wise? See something Digital slips-up on, jump in and show how much better it can work if only ___, ___, or __?

Edited by Unus

56 minutes ago, Unus said:

That said, AH, so is that your modus-operandi framewerk wise? See something Digital slips-up on, jump in and show how much better it can work if only ___, ___, or __?

Not usually.

In the majority of cases the goal is just to make a frame that I'd like to see in-game, or who fills an open niche. It just happens that sometimes I'll set a goal for myself at a certain point in the design process, based on things that I've seen in current implementations in Warframe; "don't repeat this mistake" or other.
I wanted to make a caster, but I think available casters like Ember or Volt can't realistically substitute for gunplay, so I designed Revenant to be a caster who can. I wanted make a tank, and while we have lots of heavily-armored frames we lack any who properly divert attention from less-tanky allies, so I designed Scathach to fill that gap. I wanted to make a Gambler, but I think the overuse of RNG takes away from player choice or effectiveness, so I designed Fortuna to be a frame who defies that.
It's not that I look at DE and sneer that "I could do better" and immediately churn out 4 powers and a passive. It's usually more like "You know what could be neat?"

In Enkidu's particular case, it wasn't the original goal to create a repository for Oberon's extra designs; I'd already had the Beastmaster goal in mind just to have a frame who gets the maximum value out of pets. It just came to a point midway down the pipeline where I realized it was the perfect opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. I guess in a way it was like... I'd had the design on the table, but wasn't really driven to go anywhere with it until I looked at Oberon.

Edited by Archwizard

4 hours ago, Archwizard said:

Not usually.

In the majority of cases the goal is just to make a frame that I'd like to see in-game, or who fills an open niche. It just happens that sometimes I'll set a goal for myself at a certain point in the design process, based on things that I've seen in current implementations in Warframe; "don't repeat this mistake" or other.
I wanted to make a caster, but I think available casters like Ember or Volt can't realistically substitute for gunplay, so I designed Revenant to be a caster who can. I wanted make a tank, and while we have lots of heavily-armored frames we lack any who properly divert attention from less-tanky allies, so I designed Scathach to fill that gap. I wanted to make a Gambler, but I think the overuse of RNG takes away from player choice or effectiveness, so I designed Fortuna to be a frame who defies that.
It's not that I look at DE and sneer that "I could do better" and immediately churn out 4 powers and a passive. It's usually more like "You know what could be neat?"

In Enkidu's particular case, it wasn't the original goal to create a repository for Oberon's extra designs; I'd already had the Beastmaster goal in mind just to have a frame who gets the maximum value out of pets. It just came to a point midway down the pipeline where I realized it was the perfect opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. I guess in a way it was like... I'd had the design on the table, but wasn't really driven to go anywhere with it until I looked at Oberon.

Oh, I didn't think of you as some kinda mustache-twirling opportunist who smells blood in the water every time Digital "jumps-the-shark" or "hits the pothole", you showed me that in-depth when we worked on chunks of Feynamen together (thanks are still infinite by-the-by.)

FASCINATING! I'm the same way with weaponry! (Sorry about the self-centered prickatry, it's just things are so much easier when I put them in relation to myself, simply because the only thing I'm at least 75% sure about in life is. . . well. . . me.) Even with our 30 something Tenno, several hundred guns, several dozen environs, and several hundred foes, there are still niches in the rockface of warframe with which we can fill with our fan-epoxy, perhaps even becomeing one with the stone in the process of our Digital architects take notice.

You just happen to have the rare specialization of being able to "digest" a Warframe down to it's game grade components, calculate and adjust this primordial soup of numbers and concepts, and assemble them all together into a cohesive and enviable whole.

On 11/4/2017 at 3:25 PM, Archwizard said:

I've heard of the tungsten rod thing. I think that suits her but what is it translating to here?

And Melee weapon def.