Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help me understand this loadout thing...

magusat999

Question

Ok I know the loadout options have been there for years, but I still have never gotten it to work the way I thought it should. Maybe Im thinking wrong.

I thought "Loadouts" were a place to save configurations of Warframes and what you want to carry. i thought you named each one and it would lock in (save) that configuration, and the only way to change it is to re-save it after changing it - in a loadout section. What it seems to actually be is it loads whatever loadout you have last used, and then if you change it, it changes the loadout - no special area, no save confirmation.

I frequently change things during a day of play, so I find it irritating that I am always "stuck" in one of my loadouts. I thought a loadout would only be utilized by specifically loading it - but loadouts, once saved, seem to open up by default and there is no option to escape from a saved loadout! So i make a loadout called "Ice Defense" and because I had to use Ember at some point, the next time I load up the "Ice Defense" loadout, there is Ember staring at me instead of Frost. All of my load outs make no sense because they keep changing every time I swap something, and I cannot get out of a loadout! 

So should I just make a loadout for constant swapping? Like a "Default" or "Whatever"  loadout? Or is there something I'm missing here? is there a way to lock in each loadout so they do not change without confirmation? Or is there another way we are supposed to manage them?

5 answers to this question

Some of it may be how you use them... try having one that you mainly use and some you can call on when required.

I have a loadout that I chop and change depending on what I am doing in the 1st loadout slot, that is the one I mainly use, and I don't care about it changing all the time. So if I am levelling a new frame or weapon, it is generally in this "default" loadout.

Then, when someone asks for a Def run I can go to my Frost loadout, or when an Invasion pops up I jump to my Ember loadout to speed through them. Once done I switch back to my day to day loadout.

6 minutes ago, magusat999 said:

So should I just make a loadout for constant swapping? Like a "Default" or "Whatever"  loadout? Or is there something I'm missing here? is there a way to lock in each loadout so they do not change without confirmation? Or is there another way we are supposed to manage them?

That is what I've always been doing and I don't really see much issue with it. However, now that you point this out, it seems like it might be a QoL change to be able to save manually, instead of always auto-saving. Not sure what other people think on the subject, but I'm fine either way.

30 minutes ago, Casardis said:

That is what I've always been doing and I don't really see much issue with it. However, now that you point this out, it seems like it might be a QoL change to be able to save manually, instead of always auto-saving. Not sure what other people think on the subject, but I'm fine either way.

Thanks for that. So, I guess we just have to make our own "Default" loadout, form what it seems. Not complaining, I just wanted to understand, because I was getting frustrated thinking it should work like I thought it should...

Atm I have two main loadouts: 1. Flexible loadout 2. Leveling loadout. In the leveling loadout I never have an equipment that's max rank(I'm not a big fan of doing draco for xp, rather go hunt some prime parts while leveling up).

Also 1 thing to be noted is if you use confiquration A on your i.e. Frost Loadout and then change the mods in another loadout but at Frosts A configuration it will change mods in the Frost loadout aswell.

I use Loadouts to switch between niche builds. For example

1. Mastery is equipped with any weapons or Warframes that need ranking
  2. General will be the one I switch equipments and Warframes
  3. Spy is Loki kitted out with zero survivability and maximum Sprint speed (Configuration B) and no companions, whereas I usually run Loki as a max-range Disarm (Configuration A)
  4. Landslide will be Atlas Config B with a Jat Kittag Config B, built for maximum Landslide carnage
  5. Warcry is Valkyr and all my Naramon weapons, built for Warcry (Steel Fiber, Vitality, etc.) whereas my default Valkyr config is for Hysteria (no Steel Fiber, Vitality, etc.)
  6. Repose is my Peaceful Provocation Equinox, whereas the default configuration is max-range, no Strength Maim bot.
  7. Disco is set with a Blind Mirage setup, whereas I typically run her with Power Strength and Duration for Hall of Mirrors and Eclipse.

So basically Loadouts not only saves me time when switching to squad-specific setups, but also makes sure I have the correct Mods and equipment for a specific build I intend to use.