Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spending platinum

Sherlean

Question

Hello everyone, 

I'm new to the game and I decided to use the 75% coupon to get 4300 platinum, now I don't know how to invest it. 

I already got a sentinel (deth cuve) maxed out. 

I started with Mag and I would have loved to test the prime version but according to the wiki this is no longer possible to get. 

I'm rank 4 and I would like to reach rank 5 and apply to a guild to enjoy more coordinated game play. 

Since this is my actual goal, how can I spent plat to reach this milestone prepared? 

Thanks in advance to all the community. 

12 answers to this question

Greetings new Tenno, welcome to Warframe.

Don't spend your platinum too quick yet, you can still get Mag Prime parts from other players. (Average price 250 plat to 400p for the whole set - don't pay more than that)

You can access Trade chat from your chat tabs.

Recruitment chat (in game) and the Guild recruitment subforum for guild recruit.

As to what to spend platinum besides Mag Prime, well, your best investment would be weapon and warframe slots, since you are starting try buying only 4 each. (hit ESC on keyboard for main menu - Equipment - Inventory and then look for the add/purchase slots).

Second thing you might want to spend platinum is Orokin Reactors and Catalysts, those increase your max Mod capacity so you can equip more mods and improve your mods without having to worry about running out of capacity points.

Later on, your collect more warframes and weapons, once you have the time to play for long times, consider buying Affinity boosters from in game market to level your weapons and warframes faster.

And hold on to the rest of your platinum, once you learn more about the game you will find what you need to best use your platinum on.

Enjoy the game Tenno.

Edit 2:

Don't buy maxed Mods as other suggests, you'll find those yourself and max them with less effort.

Edit 3:

Primed versions of Mods require 1mil credit tax, just too much for someone just starting the game.

Edited by Souldend78
Typos and new player vultures....no shame.

4,300 plat may sound like a lot but trust me, you can burn through that real fast. Always invest your plat towards reactors, catalyst and weapon slots, these are rare to come by or very needed. After that invest it on cosmetics or color pallets if you want more personal touch on your equipment.

Trade chat will eat you alive if you don't know what the average price of items are. For reference try using warframe.market to look up prices. Rare mods will cost you an arm and leg so it's best to wait them out but it can take them almost a full year to come around, it's up to you if you want to wait.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

If it were me, I would invest in Warframe and weapon slots unless you are only planning to use 2 - 3 Warframes.

Additionally, I would not buy weapons off the market for platinum, their cost is quite high for some of the weapons which are quite easy to build. Some of the Warframes on the other hand are worth purchasing as they can be quite hard to obtain, for example Vauban and Nezha which are alert and Sortie based.

Other than that, cosmetics are always nice and you can always invest in Prime weapons and Warframes in preparation for the next vault :)

Slots, slots, slots. Lots of slots. Get slots. Did I mention slots?

Potatoes (catalysts/reactors) are worthwhile, since they only drop from rare invasions/alerts.

EDIT: Forma are farmable from the Void,  so maybe yes, maybe no. Either way, only a few things need them to build. Their real use is adding polarities to the slots on your items. Beware, though, since you have to max the item in between each forma.

You can totally get Mag Prime’s BPs from trading, though you'll have the farm the stuff and build her yourself.

EDIT: Since you're MR 4, I think you could reasonably just pay for a maxed version of any 10 rank mod you're currently using. That’s a lot of cores lol…

Edited by ChronoEclipse

First, congrads on getting the 75% off coupon, its rare. Secondly, you don't really need to spend plat to get what you need in the game. I'd save it for important things like slots or frames that are a pain in the a$$ to get (looking at you vauban, ivara, nezha). Don't spend plat on frames you can get from quests or frames you can farm from bosses, don't spend it on weapons either, and don't use plat to speed up construction of something. Basically, go in with the attitude of an investor, if you can warrant spending plat, then do so. 

As for the Mag Prime thing… the only way to get her is via trading. But because she is no longer on the void drop tables, her prices are very high. That said, the only boost Mag Prime has over Mag is 25 extra health and an extra innate mod polarity. She really isn't worth it.

The best thing you can do now is keep some plat to buy more warframe and weapon slots, do quests, fill out your solar map for the most part, and find other frames and weapons you enjoy (there are a few youtubers who test them, and warframe.wikia has a very good +/- for each weapon, and is great for research). Joining a good clan is great thing to do. I'd extend an invite, just get on recruiting chat and say "loooking for large coordinated clan" or the like and you should get invites. Also start getting in on the void action if you haven't already.

I usually spend plat on slots, blue potatoes (not gold becuase I have like 20 of them somehow), lenses (something you get after the Second Dream quest), and pain in the &#! frames or frames that I get hyped over and know I will use, and skins/cosmetics. I've never used plat to buy weapons outright because I am a patient person, have a tons of materials lying around and usually have enough slots to build component weapons.

That said if you are dead set on using plat to speed up your progression, then use it on frames and weapons that you have thoroughly researched.

You should really just only spend it on slots for Weapons and Warframes, but I know that you will at some point buy color pallets, I can recommend the Tenno color picker and maybe the black/white ones (idk how they are called tho) 

3 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

first off u propably want to invest into maxed out hornet strike and serration or if u like the grind buy unranked ones and level urself

however u should be able to buy each maxed for 150-225p

then if u want to buy buy the orokin derelict vault mods (however fairly easy to farm sooo maybe pass the buy part here)

lastly get some cosmetics, sweet sweet cosmetics :3

also donations to hemmo trust fund are appreciated        (<-joke)

add to that, maxed Prime mods such as Primed Continuity, Primed Flow and Primed Reach (which i can't get yet because I'm on PS4 and Baro hasn't sold it yet)

other things to buy would be more frame and weapon slots and potatoes to go into those weapons and frames. 

Cosmetic, CoSmEtIcS, COSMETICS. except most helmets because they drop from alert missions, unless you just can't wait.

there are also a Prime Frames and Weapons that have been "vaulted" and are no longer farmable, like Frost Prime, Boltor Prime and Glaive Prime

Just going to jump on the save it for slots bandwagon.  4300 can go really, really fast (Example, Hunhow's Gift, all the deluxe skins, and all the vaulted frames, and you'd probably be negative).  If I were you, I'd treat myself to something nice (personally, I've had my eye on the Salix syandana and the Loki deluxe bundle), buy a few slots, maybe one or two each of catalysts and reactors just to get your mod capacity jump started, and then pretend like you have no money as hard as you possibly can, until you have an ingame way of replenishing your plat (fully levelled up syndicates, you've started to raid, you've got a ton of spare prime parts, etc).

Somewhat non-related advice.  Materials are a pretty big deal for a new player.  Get your hands on a carrier sentinel as soon as possible.  Additionally, if you're chasing some MR, sentinels are some of the easiest MR in the game at 9000 per built sentinel, as the weapon and the sentinel both count.

first off u propably want to invest into maxed out hornet strike and serration or if u like the grind buy unranked ones and level urself

however u should be able to buy each maxed for 150-225p

then if u want to buy buy the orokin derelict vault mods (however fairly easy to farm sooo maybe pass the buy part here)

lastly get some cosmetics, sweet sweet cosmetics :3

also donations to hemmo trust fund are appreciated        (<-joke)

Edited by Hemmo67

24 minutes ago, (XB1)xENIGMAxRISINGx said:

Spend it all on Clem noggles. You can never have enough of those bad boys

Git CLEM

23 minutes ago, Souldend78 said:

Don’t buy maxed Mods as other suggests, you'll find those yourself and max them with less effort.

lol? I didn’t max Serration until I was MR10+. Those mods really do boost your performance a lot, and he’s sitting on a large chunk of plat. Maxing them himself will give him more appreciation for them, sure, but it will be more difficult to get the cores and credits to max the mods without having the mods.

25 minutes ago, Souldend78 said:

Primed versions of Mods require 1mil credit tax, just too much for someone just starting the game.

Trudat. Every time someone buys the High Roller Credit Bundle, I skin a kitten alive.