Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Paris Prime and Excalibur build?

CowMilkingM

Question

18 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Kirini said:

I would replace bladed rounds with heavy caliber since it gives 165% more damage and bows aren't meant for long range.

Seriously? Last time I checked bows were long ranged weapons that were silent.

1 hour ago, Ankoku_no_Hime said:

Seriously? Last time I checked bows were long ranged weapons that were silent.

Travel time, if you want a long distance weapon use a sniper, it will be much more effective. And if you're fighting high-level enemies you most likely won't be fighting at long distances.

Edited by Kirini

On 2016/3/29 at 5:20 AM, Kirini said:

I would replace bladed rounds with heavy caliber since it gives 165% more damage and bows aren't meant for long range.

On 2016/3/30 at 9:44 AM, Kirini said:

Travel time, if you want a long distance weapon use a sniper, it will be much more effective. And if you're fighting high-level enemies you most likely won't be fighting at long distances.

I would say it depends on different siutation. If using HC, you are sacrificing accuracy & range for more damage. 

And in some cases, high-level sniping enemies like Ballistas / Nullifier Crewman will still one-shot you from far, leaving you no chance to fight back with HC bows.

Plus projectile-bullet snipers like Lanka still have travel speed, so there are pros & cons for each, whether the player is choosing to use HC or not.

And back to topic, my Paris Prime build, mainly for fighting corrupted enemies : 

NKMMWyI.jpg

For Excal, maybe OP you should be more specific about how do you wish to play him, by stating what abilities you usually are using.

And then we can come up a good build.

Edited by SpryCrow

4 hours ago, Kirini said:

There's this thing called leading your shots. Not every weapon needs to be a brain dead Soma. Travel time actually makes weapons more fun for me. That's why I have a 6 Forma Supra.

Hands down best Paris Prime build in the existence:

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Paris_prime/t_30_32000000_135-3-3-142-4-5-149-1-5-154-2-5-155-6-5-158-5-3-162-7-5-485-0-10_485-6-149-5-154-9-135-5-142-9-158-7-155-9-162-7/en/2-0-28/

Best Excalibur setup you can ever have:

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Excalibur/t_30_4400044030_10-0-5-22-7-5-24-9-5-25-5-5-28-3-3-32-2-5-33-4-5-44-1-10-50-8-3-418-6-5_10-5-44-7-32-9-28-9-33-9-25-5-418-6-22-9-50-10-24-7_0/en/1-0-5

PS. There is no best build for x. I mentioned these builds above, because they are the best builds for sarcasm and challenging yourself, for example. You can either capitalize on the strengths of the weapons or diminish the flaws with mods. You can do the same to warframes and that is what I would encourage to do - to understand what are you trying to build for, against, around etc. and explore what works for you.

Spoiler

13 hours ago, Rambit23Z said:

There's this thing called leading your shots. Not every weapon needs to be a brain dead Soma. Travel time actually makes weapons more fun for me. That's why I have a 6 Forma Supra.

Goodluck with that, if you're fighting against high-level enemies you'll most likely get instakilled before you can even aim at their heads and why would you be trying to shoot with a bow halfway across the map, where you could just walk up to them. And he's searching for the best build, assuming the strongest one, not a fun one sitting in a corner trying to shoot people on the other side of the map.

15 hours ago, SpryCrow said:

I would say it depends on different siutation. If using HC, you are sacrificing accuracy & range for more damage. 

And in some cases, high-level sniping enemies like Ballistas / Nullifier Crewman will still one-shot you from far, leaving you no chance to fight back with HC bows.

Plus projectile-bullet snipers like Lanka still have travel speed, so there are pros & cons for each, whether the player is choosing to use HC or not.

You would have to waste a lot of ammo to get rid of the nullifier's shield with a bow and even if you have high accuracy with a bow, enemies can still snipe back at you.

1 hour ago, Kirini said:

Goodluck with that, if you're fighting against high-level enemies you'll most likely get instakilled before you can even aim at their heads

It has worked wonderfully for three years, and I have no intention to stop.

1 hour ago, Kirini said:

why would you be trying to shoot with a bow halfway across the map, where you could just walk up to them.

Because then hitting headshots takes skill. And it's more fun that way. Not to mention you're out of their range so squishier frames can be safe.

1 hour ago, Kirini said:

And he's searching for the best build, assuming the strongest one, not a fun one sitting in a corner trying to shoot people on the other side of the map.

I've put in Bladed Rounds in place for Heavy Caliber and I am critting for approximately the same damage with no downside. And the pin-point accuracy allows for easy Argon Scope procs which result in plentiful amounts of red-crits.

My build is fully viable.

Edited by Rambit23Z

41 minutes ago, Rambit23Z said:

Because then hitting headshots takes skill. And it's more fun that way. Not to mention you're out of their range so squishier frames can be safe.

Unless you come across enemies in close ranges and you can still hit headshots with heavy caliber equipped and enemy snipers can still shoot you.

41 minutes ago, Rambit23Z said:

I've put in Bladed Rounds in place for Heavy Caliber and I am critting for approximately the same damage with no downside. And the pin-point accuracy allows for easy Argon Scope procs which result in plentiful amounts of red-crits.

Heavy Caliber also allows the arrows to split into 2 separate shots because of multishot allowing you to hit 2 enemies. And you won't have Argon Scope in your build because your build will already be full and if you are putting Argon Scope on a bow as well Bladed Rounds, you will either have to break an elemental combo or remove speed trigger which lowers your DPS and having only argon scope instead of Heavy Caliber or Bladed Rounds will also lower your DPS.

12 minutes ago, Kirini said:

Unless you come across enemies in close ranges and you can still hit headshots with heavy caliber equipped and enemy snipers can still shoot you.

And you won't have Argon Scope in your build because your build will already be full and if you are putting Argon Scope on a bow as well Bladed Rounds, you will either have to break an elemental combo or remove speed trigger which lowers your DPS and having only argon scope instead of Heavy Caliber or Bladed Rounds will also lower your DPS.

Apologies. I mixed up my Paris build with my Soma P build.

14 minutes ago, Kirini said:

Heavy Caliber also allows the arrows to split into 2 separate shots because of multishot allowing you to hit 2 enemies.

I flank and line them up, same effect.

15 minutes ago, Kirini said:

I've already killed them before they can do that, due to target prioritization.

Anyway, this is getting somewhat off-topic.

Tl;dr: Bows are long range precision weapons, but can be modded for a "shotgun build" if your aim is S#&$.

29 minutes ago, Rambit23Z said:

Tl;dr: Bows are long range precision weapons, but can be modded for a "shotgun build" if your aim is S#&$.

Although snipers are better for long range since you won't need to calculate bullet velocity or having to do "leading your targets" their bullets are hitscan and deal more damage.

3 hours ago, Rambit23Z said:

It has worked wonderfully for three years, and I have no intention to stop.

How do you deal with Nullifiers? I love my Paris to death, but I stopped even considering using it for anything serious once Nullifiers became a thing. I would probably have eventually switched to the Rakta Cernos or Dread, but I don't see any reason to invest in any bow at this point.

I heard you need help with excalibur eh? You see my build are unlike others its only 70% like the rest of them and this is how it looks like.

*Max Stretch instead of rage because do you really wanna get hit by 100+ enemies? 1 hit by 90+ corpus and you a pile of ash, you can blind them with that bit range of yours and then use exalted blade to clear them out.

*Max Transient Fortitude and Intensify for that sweet damage of 1 hitting everyone even at 100+ no joke, if it doesnt work you can ask for a refund ;)

*Max Vitaly and Steel fiber

*Streamline and a Fleeting Expertise(Max) Some might say that fleeting expertise should be at rank3 instead of 4, but no no no no ok? Because you wanna get the most out of your exalted blade energy drain. 0.6+ energy per second on a blade that one hits almost anything? Thats a definitely a yes for me.

*Max Continuity for a bit of blind duration

*Power Drift because everyone loves those sweet big numbers

This build has been tested out and can reach t4 60minutes without any problem, sorties are going to be really easy just be careful when its corpus. Flow is not a must, because 0.6+ energy/per s and a max of 150 energy if not mistaken should suffice and without flow you can have a extra space of adding in a mod that can actually make a real diffeence in terms of duration, str and etc. Take note, you wont get any energy from exalted blade except energy orbs, meaning trin's energy wont help you and so can energy restore, those will be useless when you are in exalted blade form, only energy orb can help restore your energy during exalted blade.  For melee mods i am not sure but plays big role, so fury, berserker and pressure point is a must the rest you can play around with. Good luck and have fun.

Edited by LemonEnterprise

5 hours ago, Kirini said:

Although snipers are better for long range since you won't need to calculate bullet velocity or having to do "leading your targets" their bullets are hitscan and deal more damage.

Yes, but again: Fun > Effciency. Bows are more fun than hitscan snipers.

5 hours ago, ChronoEclipse said:

How do you deal with Nullifiers? I love my Paris to death, but I stopped even considering using it for anything serious once Nullifiers became a thing. I would probably have eventually switched to the Rakta Cernos or Dread, but I don't see any reason to invest in any bow at this point.

I have several methods. As for bows, I tend to slide in and charge my shot during the slide, releasing it as soon as I enter, then I bulletjump away if ther were dangerous enemies in the bubble. If there's a large number of enemies that can body-block my slide, I jump and use aimglide instead of slide.

If none of those I just do a quick melee spin attack or bulletjump high in the air do do a knockdown slam attack followed by a ground finisher, assuming they survived the slam itself.