The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There are no southerners in Warframe

Chef_Lu_Bu

Aside from obvious Canadian bias(I see you in the barren north, DE) is there a reason? Were all southerners wiped out in the great south re-risening? Did we get space pollen sickness and die out? Why are the dulcet tones and whimsical inflections of southern vernacular FOUND WANTING IN THE ABERRANT FICTIONALIZATION OF THIS FLAGRANTLY AUDIO-DEROGATORY FUTURE-SCAPE.  Your honor, I'm just a humble space chicken, but I think we the people deserve at least a modicum of answerization.

They're asking why nobody has a "southern" United States accent. Which honestly if you think about it with just the time between now to the orokin globalization and standardization would of likely destroyed regional accents anyway. Throw in the time scale after the fall and some colonies might sound a little different but well, for one to randomly sound like a southern from the USA would be random and nonsensical really.

1 minute ago, Kazzamo said:

They're asking why nobody has a "southern" United States accent. Which honestly if you think about it with just the time between now to the orokin globalization and standardization would of likely destroyed regional accents anyway. Throw in the time scale after the fall and some colonies might sound a little different but well, for one to randomly sound like a southern from the USA would be random and nonsensical really.

As if Grineer sounding like bad Russian stereotypes is much more likely. POMP AND HOGSWALLOP, SIR.

I think it's because it was really hard to understand you when you wanted to help the orokin. You said, "Aye rekin aye shud hap." And they thought it was "I will wreck the orokin so shut up." And they slaughtered everyone with an accent.

Edited by TheGreatBB

4 minutes ago, JRMC said:

Are you talking southerners from the States?

"Southerners" or "Bumpkin vernacular" actually exists across almost all regional dialects and languages so you could say I'm speaking on behalf of the southerners of all countries. Bavarians and Kansai Dialect speakers alike.

Just now, Chef_Lu_Bu said:

"Southerners" or "Bumpkin vernacular" actually exists across almost all regional dialects and languages so you could say I'm speaking on behalf of the southerners of all countries. Bavarians and Kansai Dialect speakers alike.

I wouldn't doubt they exist across all regions. My question still stands, however. I'm confused on which southerners you're talking about, whether they are from the States.

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBB said:

I think it's because it was really hard to understand you when you wanted to help the orokin. You said, "Aye rekin aye shud hap." And they thought it was "I will wreck the orokin so shut up." And they slaughtered everyone with an accent.

This actually seems more plausible and catastrophic than not.

6 minutes ago, Chef_Lu_Bu said:

As if Grineer sounding like bad Russian stereotypes is much more likely. POMP AND HOGSWALLOP, SIR.

Grineer sound nothing like russians.

Also, you have a cowboygirl warframe. Is that not good enough? I don't see a Mountie or Lumberjack warframe anywhere. 

Warframe is set god-knows how long in the future, so it would make sense that preexisting cultures would eventually fade away.

Plus I don't think america (or the whole west for that matter) will last much longer the way it's going. Probably will become a colony of china or something.

Edited by Actriaz

Just now, Actriaz said:

Also, you have a cowboygirl warframe. Is that not good enough?

Warframe is set god-knows how long in the future, so it would make sense that preexisting cultures would eventually fade away.

Plus I don't think america (or the whole west for that matter) will last much longer the way it's going. Probably will become a colony of china or something.

Cowboys aren't southern.

1 minute ago, Actriaz said:

Also, you have a cowboygirl warframe. Is that not good enough?

See: My username, RE: Colony of China.

7 minutes ago, Kazzamo said:

But OP's name indicates that he is a chinese...what southern clem he's talking about then?

2 minutes ago, --Skitz0-- said:

Come on down to this here relay hoss and give Baro them there dew cats and he will be happyer then a Kew bro with two peckers.

Good god I'd fly to Canada and do the VO myself if they'd let me be a competing salesman to Baro.

3 minutes ago, JRMC said:

I wouldn't doubt they exist across all regions. My question still stands, however. I'm confused on which southerners you're talking about, whether they are from the States.

Specifically the southern united states, yes.