The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Makos Art Thread

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

On October 19, 2016 at 3:52 AM, BlackDiamondAce said:

Its roughly easy to design a corpus proxy, but an actual corpus that isn't a crewman.  I'm curious what you could create

I still haven't grasped those aesthetics though. I would assume biological-looking limbs with metal doodads with small bolts.

On October 19, 2016 at 11:40 AM, BlackDiamondAce said:

Hey, the reason i asked, was to have a new corpus speaker for an operation concept.

Basically, a human non-crewman corpus?

59 minutes ago, BlackDiamondAce said:

Crewmen yes, corpus no.

As far as we know. We still do not know how Corpus families work other than they can be father and son (Darvo have a mother too somewhere) but we have no clue if they are born or if they are testtube-babies.

I hope the next 6 months will explore Corpus on a personal level.

As far as we appear to have been told, the Corpus  appear to use good old-fashioned eugenics in their society. Incentivize the best in their fields to breed togethor and avoid inbreeding and "bad mixes" at all costs. Likely arose from desperate attempts at keeping the surviving human population sustainable into the unforeseen future, before it eventually "devolved" into a scientifically supported caste/royal bloodline hybrid system. Tragic, but, not easily avoidable given the adhocness of  having corporate enclaves being overrun by desperate folks fleeing grins and muties. Just my wooden nickel on the matter.

Plus, Darvo was groomed to be his asthmatic father's pawn in the grand corporate game. While the parental connection appears to remain tenuously there, it sounds like Bekky Bek spent ALOT of time and money raising and educating our dear Darvy boy there. Certainly doesn't sound like the factory-esque "squeeze em outta the tube" policy of the grins, but, it also certainly doesn't sound like average joe-schmo sending their kid off to school and talking to them over the dinner table. Sounds more like an investment strategy blended with a 1700s age Indian dowry and sprinkled with a bitta 1400 century royal family mixed in.

12 hours ago, BlackDiamondAce said:

how goes the art?

no progress yet D: 

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Splendid and spectacular my good sir! Can never have a house that is untouched by a cat, so, I wish you luck with the one. I myself just got me second, a Calico.

thanks , i have ...a lot of animals  .... but as for cats  i have 2 bengals, 1 jungle cat, 1 french shartrue .....

Ah, a veritable jungle sir! You know all to well of how  to serve our glorious masters then. Used to have a jungle myself, but alas, my friends had to leave. Now, we have a kitten that has learned how to wall-jump (goddemit, Warframe must be leaking outta my computron), our 7 year old shorthair with her pacifier, an asthmatic Rex rabbit who plays fetch, and a morbidly obese hamster who gets stuck in the running pipes.  'Tis pure heaven.

Edited by Unus

15 minutes ago, Unus said:

Ah, a veritable jungle sir! You know all to well of how  to serve our glorious masters then. Used to have a jungle myself, but alas, my friends had to leave. Now, we have a kitten that has learned how to wall-jump (goddemit, Warframe must be leaking outta my computron), our 7 year old shorthair with her pacifier, an asthmatic Rex rabbit who plays fetch, and a morbidly obese hamster who gets stuck in the running pipes.  'Tis pure heaven.

oh i bet, the joys of animals is soothing to the heart