The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Makos Art Thread

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

21 hours ago, Unus said:

Triple snazzy. Not only a digital artisan, but a metallurgical one as well! Even with "just" being a member of a team, the fact your team succeded in it's construction and it exists to this day suggests to me that you weren't just dead-weight. Quite the renaissance man I must say. Also, aha, that would explain the crystalline sheen i'm seeing. Does it have any advantages over chem-bathed blades? Less leeching of metal?

Also also, wow, it's fascinateing that I can actually comprehend your displayed statistics simply because i've played games that mention the concept! Although, isn't it better to "over-fold" the core and the outer layer while keeping the middle just slightly softer? Also also, oooohh, it's laminated ey? Must be as tough as some modern armors then, although it would have to be if it's clanging against other fellows swords, sliceing through metal, pig flesh, and dummy wood.

very, its a heavy target sword designed to go against metal armor , most japanese swords have trouble with this, majority are a medium target sword , heavies are a rarer site

21 hours ago, (Xbox One)kr1sPYDonuts said:

Damn, that Nyx looks good. Haven't paid much attention forums lately, glad to see you did made it :satisfied:

Edit: You can make swords? (-_-) I'm disappointed that you haven't mentioned this before. Da heck Mako! I trusted you! :sadcry: 

On a serious note, that's really cool, I wouldn't be surprised if you said you could also make realistic costumes and cosplay. Wait, can you?   

i can cosplay -was at fanime last few years- 

most dont allow swords and running around with a real combat one is like asking for police to grab me ....

and i kept the sword thing under wraps, its not something i advertise, but 3k subs .. 

19 hours ago, Slendy-Broseph said:

Nyx line art's pretty good tho I think the shading can use some work. I wouldn't be able to help you there cuz I know nothing about shading.

Masamune's hips are very large. 

And it's cicada.

i take a lot of time to lineart, the shading and color goes by quicker 

them hips ;D

dang..i knew it ....

6 hours ago, sappinmahsentry said:

Can I criticize this? Firstly it looks way out of this game's art style, and secondly it doesn't coincide with the lore.

Not saying you don't have good talent, just my own peeves.

overal its not designed to be lore friendly as its just me showing my frames as humanoids , I also started doing this before the operators existed xD 

the unmasked frames are how i see them from my perspective and derive them as people, giving them an identity separate from the operator 

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)kr1sPYDonuts said:

a) pretty sure the style doesn't matter, people add their own style to fan art all the time

b) a lot of fame art doesn't comply with lore, people still draw what they want anyways 

^this 

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

thats why its called FAN ART . it doesnt need to follow the art style . 
On a different note, that infestation in my orbiter needs some cleaning  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

have you tried lysol ? xD

and again fanart by definition not = to game art  

8 hours ago, BlackDiamondAce said:

@eternaldrkmako

hey have you checked the ysmir concept out?

not recently , im a design person not so much good on mechanics xD

2 hours ago, arch111 said:

Nyx looks great :) good work!

A suggestion tho, if you took one deepshadow pass and one bright high light pass it would look even better.

Masamune is looking very good. It is giving me a massive Guyver-vibe.

i do not understand what that means but i will look into it ;D 

guyver? o. o